• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter types

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Aleksei, I absolutely love it when you get into debates, it's highly entertaining :)

About the characters:
I'm interested in your thoughts on anyone you like, but I struggle with these in particular:

Peter: Quite minor, slimy little character, I have him down as a very unhealthy 6w5 sp/so at the moment, but I can't see a type that would exhibit that much of a tendency to betray their friends, before becoming fiercely loyal to someone else without a second thought. Who chickens out of life for 13yrs? As far as I can tell, he did nothing for the Marauders, apart from learn to turn into a rat, which wasn't all that helpful for what they needed it for. He seems to to do the bare minimum for his new master, but still finds it ok to want his best friend's only child dead, hence no remorse at all for betraying them. Surely no type could bring themselves that low, even if really unhealthy.

Lupin: Genuinely very endearing 9w1, seemed to connect to everyone on their own level, each student feeling pretty individual, Neville, Harry, Hermione.... Then he felt he was dragging Tonks down, and on thinking he might 'afflict' his baby, disintegrated to 6w5, which apparently is the natural deterioration point of Type 9. His variants are now very open to interpretation taking into account book 3 aswell....My guess was sx/so..buthis general earthiness is sp so I dunno. The difference between himself and Peter in this case was that Remus wasn't considering his own gain when he thought about abandonment.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh and Filch is everybody's sexual match, can't you just feel the raw sx energy radiating from his being? Lol

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aleksei, I absolutely love it when you get into debates, it's highly entertaining :)
Thank you. :) I do my best. :D

Peter: Quite minor, slimy little character, I have him down as a very unhealthy 6w5 sp/so at the moment, but I can't see a type that would exhibit that much of a tendency to betray their friends, before becoming fiercely loyal to someone else without a second thought. Who chickens out of life for 13yrs?
Hmm... :thinking: To my knowledge no Enneagram type is portrayed as being cowardly, so it's more of a matter of determining in what way he's cowardly. I would agree with 6w5 sp/so; he's concerned with saving his own hide above all else, and rationally determined that joining Voldemort would be the best way to do this. I'd have guessed sp/sx (he doesn't seem all that so), except he's 100% unconcerned with his close relationships -- he's very disloyal. Stabbed his friends in the back to save his own ass.

Lupin: Genuinely very endearing 9w1, seemed to connect to everyone on their own level. Then he felt he was dragging Tonks down, and disintegrated to 6w5, which apparently is the natural deterioration point of Type 9. His variants are now very open to interpretation taking into account book 3 aswell....My guess was sx/so...but the carrying chocolate thing, and his general earthiness is sp so I dunno.
I think 9w1 sx/so. He carries chocolate in case anyone else needs it rather than himself -- if I remember correctly he didn't eat any on the train.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmmm...Peter I think we definitely have right. I'm still concerned as to whether an sx dom would consider running from, and in a sense regret his main ties, though I suppose if he thought they'd be better off....'it's all my fault' mentality, he might...I guess this is his issue here:

a)If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, b) I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

At Hogwarts part a) was already covered because he was included by default, so he felt comfortable in doing part b) and became a passionate, intense and well-liked teacher.

Outside HW, he finds he can't do a) because society is cruel, and therefore won't b) get too close in case it tarnishes those around him...

Does this seem accurate?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds right.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Obviously sx-sominant... look at that sexy sexy figure :tongue:

In all seriousness, Filch is, err, 1w2 sp/so (ISTJ). Like Hermione or McGonagall, but a helluva lot grumpier.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right what was I thinking. :doh: 1w9?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
1w9 kinda works if we see the 9 wing to mean sloppy/lazy in this instance, rather than peaceful/calm...Are there any other numbers which might be a good fit?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He doesn't seem to fit any E-type properly, but other candidates would be 8 Omni or 6w7 I guess.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most likely. I find that fictional characters need more development for me to guess at their Enneagram types as opposed to their MBTI types, given that Enneagram is about what people want rather than how they think.

Flutterby

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Harry - 8

Hermione - 5

Ron - 6

Dumbles - 3
McG00gle - 1
Luny - 9

Haggar - 2
Mouldy Voldy - 8
Draco - 3
Snapey - 4

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Have to say, I'm loving the little nicknames you've got going there. What about the late, great, Mr Al 'Mad Eye' Moody? (auror extraordinaire) 8w9 currently with unknown variants?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Naaah. Obvious 6w5 sp/sx is obvious. ;)[/QUOTE]

Am really angry about missing that one. 'Constant Vigilance' is so counterphobic Six it's untrue, but I think maybe the more agressive BCJ clouded my memories of him a bit, so thanks very much for the correction, Aleksei :)