• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter types

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I did a search on this and couldn't find anything...I'm new! :p If it's already been done, feel free to move it or delete it...

Harry 6w5

Ron 6w7

Fred and George 7w6

Hermione 1w2 or 5w6

Ginny 7w6

Luna 9w1

Molly Weasley 6w5

Arthur Weasley 5w4 (5w6?)

Proffesor McGonagall 1 (wing?)

Professor Dumbledore 5w4

Voldemort 8w7 (6w5?)

I'd love to hear other opinions...and I can't seem to wrap my head around Snape and Draco Malfoy...any takers? :)

luna~

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
I did a search on this and couldn't find anything...I'm new! :p If it's already been done, feel free to move it or delete it...

Harry 6w5

Ron 6w7

Fred and George 7w6

Hermione 1w2 or 5w6

Ginny 7w6

Luna 9w1

Molly Weasley 6w5

Arthur Weasley 5w4 (5w6?)

Proffesor McGonagall 1 (wing?)

Professor Dumbledore 5w4

Voldemort 8w7 (6w5?)

I'd love to hear other opinions...and I can't seem to wrap my head around Snape and Draco Malfoy...any takers? :)

luna~

I would put;
Arthur Weasley as a 5w6 wing as he is a government worker
Professor McGonagall I think would be a 1w9 wing
Professor Dumbledore I think is more of a 5w6 as the wing is a rebel 6
Voldemort probably a 8w7
Snape would be a 5w4
Malfoy would be a 3w4 image all the way...

Jon

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
thanks Jon! :) I had the most difficult time with Snape and Malfoy...

Regarding professor Dumbledore, don't 4's rebel too? Are you referring to his teenage years? Hmm...still considering this...

luna~

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with the OP wholly, with some exceptions. I would say Hermoine is a classic 1w2, Draco is definitely a 3w4 as Jon said, Snape a 5w4, McGonagall a 1w9, Dumbledore a 5w6.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Watch out MBTI...enneagram is taking over the world!!

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the book characters, I'm thinking:

1w9 - McGonagall, Dumbledore

1w2 - Hermione, Aunt Petunia

2w1 - Hagrid, Mrs. Weasley, Umbridge (unhealthy and thus Eight-ish)

3w2 - Lockhart, Slughorn, Fleur

3w4 - Lucius, Draco, Voldemort, Rita Skeeter

4w3 - Trelawney, Moaning Myrtle

5w4 - Snape, Ollivander

6w5 - Neville, Moody, Pettigrew, Dobby

6w7 - Ron, Bellatrix

7w6 - Tonks

7w8 - Fred and George, Sirius

8w7 - Dudley, Ginny

8w9 - Uncle Vernon

9w8 - Harry

9w1 - Luna, Lupin, Mr. Weasley (could be a Five, but his tinkering seems more whimsical than intellectual)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now that I think about it Harry seems like a 9w8 over a 6w5... Ron is definitely a 6w7 though.

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
Yes Ron is a 6w7 as he is insecure, but has that party animal wing... Harry could be a 9w1 as he does stick to principles, but is primarily a peace maker... I think what throws people, Harry is mostly under stress in the movie, so he is showing his regression to 6.
Luna is the character I like! I guess I can relate to her...

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Hmmm...I never would have considered Harry a 9! Definitely something to mull over...

Nunki, I would have pegged Bellatrix as a 7w8...but now that you've said 6w7 it makes sense. She is so very loyal to her "master..." And Molly as a 2w1....I thought of her as a 6 because she had so many fears and anxieties. She is quite giving (as 6's can sometimes be...)...I'd love to hear more from you in this regard! :)

Jon...Luna is wonderful :) She's so secure within herself, so peaceful and intelligent. She doesn't say much...but when she does, it's so deeply insightful!

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far! :)

luna~

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes Ron is a 6w7 as he is insecure, but has that party animal wing...

Well the way I saw it was just based on how 6's are in principal- They are either afraid of everything or not afraid at all. And Ron did both of these depending on the situation. He was either extremely insecure about everything about the situation and didn't trust anything or anyone about the situation, or he didn't have a worry in the world about it and was completely confident in it. But Ron seemed more like a phobic 6 than a counterphobic one.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Well the way I saw it was just based on how 6's are in principal- They are either afraid of everything or not afraid at all. And Ron did both of these depending on the situation. He was either extremely insecure about everything about the situation and didn't trust anything or anyone about the situation, or he didn't have a worry in the world about it and was completely confident in it. But Ron seemed more like a phobic 6 than a counterphobic one.

I am a 6w5....and I think having a 7 wing is quite beneficial!! At least Ron gets to have some fun ;) I'm so serious... :p

Jon_sparky

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nine
I am a 6w5....and I think having a 7 wing is quite beneficial!! At least Ron gets to have some fun ;) I'm so serious... :p
Maybe your fun is just focused more inward, into thinking and studying? Te outward fun may look more appealing , bu is short lasting. Remember, a 7 is planning his next event while he is on his current adventure...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now that I think about it Harry seems like a 9w8 over a 6w5... Ron is definitely a 6w7 though.

Harry is rather a 9w1. He's the "model child", dreamer and not blunt at all.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Thanks Jon! For me, having fun means learning something, crying at a movie, sitting under my tree writing/reading....but Ron seems to be able to be more social and do parties and stuff. I can do parties...from a distance! lol (Actually, I'm ok at a party as long as I find someone to connect with!) I think you're right though...we all have a different definition of fun...and one is not better than the other! Thanks for your perspective, it made my day!! ;) luna~

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Speed...I'd love some examples of Harry being a dreamer! I really never thought of him this way...and I'm having a hard time seeing it. thanks! :)

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
lets step this up a notch, instinctual variants....how much of say Harry's SP is brought on by the fact that Voldemort is constantly after him, and the others, what of their variants....It might be quite cool to do a full list...I'm gonna try and help after other people get this going though, because I dunno what sx really is in terms of intimacy levels...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lets step this up a notch, instinctual variants....how much of say Harry's SP is brought on by the fact that Voldemort is constantly after him, and the others, what of their variants....It might be quite cool to do a full list...I'm gonna try and help after other people get this going though, because I dunno what sx really is in terms of intimacy levels...

I think Hermione is an sx/so and Ron an sp/so. I totally agree with you about Harry being sp first, but I'm not sure about sp/so or sp/sx. Part of me can see both depending on Harry's mood (or how he's being written at the given time).

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
So...In no particular order

Harry: [/B
]Not sure yet...but we'll se how it goes
Ron:
I tend to agree with you sp/so
Hermione:
Yeah, sx/so...but would sp be counted in studying so much
Sirius (Mr Black is also yet to have a definitive Enneagram type as well)
There's some sx intensity there, especially in POA in the Shrieking Shack, and he got himself outta Azkaban so his sp must be pretty solid not necessarily bothered by so, as in pleasing people in general, so maybe sx/sp or sp/sx...but please excuse me cos I don't have this variant thing down yet.
Remus
This instance troubles me because in POA (book more than film) we have this ethereal guy with a deep capacity for warmth on a fairly individualistic level, mainly with Harry at that point, but also with helping the most nervous (Neville) by calling on individual circumstances. He cheerfully and intuitively becomes some sort of personal councilor to all who want him to as well (sx?) Is the having more chocolate on him than Willy Wonka (presumably to lift/maintain endorphin, serotonin and maybe even dopamine levels around the full moon), sp or does the fact that he looks quite ill and slightly 'shabby' (despite his unfortunate condition) a lot suggest neglect of sp? He's seems to always have food/drink in as well which is comically sp, yet he forgets his important potion, which points away from sp, doesn't it? :huh: He is certainly concerned with being able to provide for his family. Yet he goes on some sorta suicide mission on the verge of complete mental breakdown when he believes he will fail his wife and unborn baby, sx and sp combined I think...but that's a skewed/strained/misjudged attempt to save his family from himself, not preserve himself, so that's confusing instinct wise. He doesn't seem that devastated about losing his personal sense of security when he resigns his job in HP3, even though he has no chance of another job and no home, since Sirius has to run ...where do we put him? He has a slight breakdown at Dumbledore's death too, gets tearily emotional over Lily, and Sirius' death brought he and Tonks together, since they're special relations...sx? That said, he's a bit introvert and dreamy to be a social butterfly or anything, but even so he even makes niceties with Peter in the Shrieking Shack at first, being all witty and charming and everything even though most people would probably seethe, and isn't being pleasant to everyone a social trait, he likes to 'fit in' on some level cos he was so pleased to have mates in school....everyone loves him in third year, though he doesn't go all 'Gilderoy' about it....OK my head is spinning I'll stop...but when I can type him I can type most I reckon.
James
so/sx
Lily
sx/so
Had the ultimate link with Harry, self-sacrificial
Peter
sp/so
Survival over friends, seeks to be favoured by the Death Eaters...
Tonks
sx/so
Becomes absorbed in those she loves, and has no worry about how she will survive, open...
Luna
sp/sx??
Draco
so/sp?
Social snobbery and looks after number one, has two goons in tow, to look out for him, I don't think he's that bothered about deep connections with folks.
Snape
sx/sp
Lily completely turned his world upside down, now he's fairly self-sufficient
Dumbledore
sx/so,

I missed loads out but we'll catch up :)

Last edited: