• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter types

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Fred/George: sp/so
Ginny: sx/so
Percy so/sp
Molly sp/so or sp/sx
Arthur: same as above???
Hagrid: ??? sp/sx

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Harry: INFJ
Hermione: INTJ
Ron: ESFP
Dumbledore: INTJ
Voldemort: ENTP

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
The wonderful Speed Gavroche passed these on to me on another thread, from an outside source and I thought with the Enneagrams and Instincts thing, it might be quite fun to match them up to the characters. To lunalove, if you don't want this instincts stuff on your thread please let me know and I'll get it moved, I wouldn't want you to think I was disrespecting your thread space, and I'm truly sorry if you do think this.:blush:
Here are the 'mantras:'

Sx/Sp:"If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
Sp/Sx: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)

Sp/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can make sure of and keep my orderly and pleasing lifestyle." (May try to be just appealing and connected with groups enough for everyone to get out of their hair. )
So/Sp: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."

So/Sx: "If I can get close to people with merging/intensity, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
Sx/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

Last edited:

Echoes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Harry: 9w1 sp/sx
Ron: 6w7 sp/so
Hermione 2w1 sx/so
Draco: 3w4 so/sp or sp/so
Sirius: 8w7 sx/so
Remus: 9w1 Always has food, food for fun suggests sp, wishing to belong suggests so, and the whole suicide mission seems like sx gone paranoid, so I dunno.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
I never knew how much of Sirius' turbulant 'sx' energy in POA was to do with being incarcerated with Dementors, but yes, it seems the 'party animal wing' makes the young Marauder too...Would we think the same for James? Oh and what about the fallen one, Peter?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry- 2w3 sx/sp
Ron- 6w7 sp/sx
Hermione- 1w2 sp/so
Fred & George- 7w8 sp/sx
Sirius- 4w3 sx/so
Dumbledore- 1w9 so/sp
Snape- 8w7 sp/sx
Voldemort- 8w7 sp/sx
Draco- 3w4 sp/sx

Echoes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Interestingly I pegged Snape as 5w4, and Sirius as the 8, but I can see that yours work better. How does Snape's 7 wing manifest, just out of interest?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Can't you just imagine him throwing some epic dungeon parties though, where everyone there just gets wrecked on some trippy potions in the same group as LSD? Getting an invite would be like being part of the Illuminati but a bit less scary. Completely out of character but fun though. Joking aside, does Snape really have a Seven wing?

Echoes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Dungeon parties create some really nasty images...eugh. We were three Marauders down last time I checked, so here we go:

Prongs: 7w8
Sx/Sp:"If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

OR​

Sx/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

Wormtail: 6w5
Sp/So "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can make sure of and keep my orderly and pleasing lifestyle."

Padfoot: 4w3

Moony: 9w1
OR​
Sp/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can make sure of and keep my orderly and pleasing lifestyle."

What do you think?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with most of those I guess, apart from maybe Peter and Remus sharing instinctual variants. I dunno, somehow Peter's motivation seems very different to his friend's.

Peter thought: 'I'm scared of Voldy and his power, but I want some all the same.I'm gonna betray my friends because I wanna be in with the Death-Eating society, have some acclaim and generally save my own life. Sounds like warped sp/so.

Remus thought: I have to leave my wife/child because they're better off not having (warped) society think they're awful and outcasting them. I can't believe I could have passed on my affliction to my baby, how horrible am I? They're both gonna deservedly (no) hate me.' Sounds like warped sx/so.

I dunno, that could all be inaccurate, cause it's only a reading of characters, after all.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interestingly I pegged Snape as 5w4, and Sirius as the 8, but I can see that yours work better. How does Snape's 7 wing manifest, just out of interest?
8w9s are subtly manipulative (think Palpatine), which Snape isn't -- he's just a domineering asshole, which is more of an 8w7 tendency. Though he could plausibly be 8 Omni...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w9s are subtly manipulative (think Palpatine), which Snape isn't -- he's just a domineering asshole, which is more of an 8w7 tendency. Though he could plausibly be 8 Omni...

Sirius is just depressed and withdrawn, broken, after his stint in Azkaban. Behaves like a typical grumpy ENFP (or even INFP, but he hates being alone). In his teenage years he was more of a 7w8 -- obsessed with crazy fun, hyperactive, directive, confident.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, Snape has very little desire to 'peace-make' with anyone, hence him still holding grudges from school I guess, so Nine wing is out. Yes, Sirius isn't as aggressive as an Eight as he has matured, maybe that's Azkaban or maybe he just mellowed like James did.

What do you make of the others that we've been struggling with, enneagram and variant wise?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Snape has very little desire to 'peace-make' with anyone, hence him still holding grudges from school I guess, so Nine wing is out. Yes, Sirius isn't as aggressive as an Eight as he has matured, maybe that's Azkaban or maybe he just mellowed like James did.

What do you make of the others that we've been struggling with, enneagram and variant wise?
Like who, for example?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what type is Draco then? Enlighten the class.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what type is Draco then? Enlighten the class.

Not mine. Take your pick. You've got (8)(2)(5)= 80 choices left.

Or I'm typed wrong. See below, cause I'm still hiring. Benefits = salt and vinegar crisps.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not mine.
Not an argument. ;) There are plenty of repulsive people of quite literally every type, so shunning him from yours doesn't help matters. :tongue:

By the way, there are 108 possible Enneagram types, counting stacks.