• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram/MBTI overlap

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I just did the test again. It confirmed type seven but no wing. It could be either six or eight. The results were identical for both. The variant is "sexual." I feel closest to ENFP, ENFJ, and ESFP. Also, ISFJ and ISTP.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2 is usually associated with Fe. It also seems like it could be any xSF type, and maybe also the NFP's.

Interesting. I've never done much enneagram stuff, but it is intriguing, especially when it is used in conjunction with MBTI. I found this site, a blog by an INTP. Have you seen it? It looks really good.

I took her test (I've taken various online free tests in the past, usually scoring a 4 or a 2). With this test, I scored a 5w4, followed closely by a 4 and 2.......so, huh.

Qre:us

ENTP 7w8, feel similar to, at times, INTJ or INFJ.

^ sounds weird but, yeah...

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Got this from the INTP blog test:
PSTypes Enneagram Test Results
The Distribution of Your Scores
Type One: 13
Type Two: 22
Type Three: 24
Type Four: 36
Type Five: 24
Type Six: 14
Type Seven: 54
Type Eight: 18
Type Nine: 26
Your probable Enneagram Type
Your main type is 7.
Considering the wings you should be a 7w8. I'm definitely a 7 - just don't agree with the 8 wing. I identify with the 7w6 more but I also like what I've read about both wings being used at different times instead of relying on one exclusively.

I test as an ENTP quite a bit but likely identify with INTJs more.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. I've never done much enneagram stuff, but it is intriguing, especially when it is used in conjunction with MBTI. I found this site, a blog by an INTP. Have you seen it? It looks really good.
I've seen those, or ones like it.
The one I like best is David Boje: Enneagram - read free online (p.16)
I took her test (I've taken various online free tests in the past, usually scoring a 4 or a 2). With this test, I scored a 5w4, followed closely by a 4 and 2.......so, huh.
Those would make sense for your type.

Also, 7w8 is common for ENTP (San-Chlor), and 7w6 for ENFP. Some ENFP's are also 7w8.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
enfp and i THINK I'm 4w3 lol

I feel closest to infp. maybe entp sometimes.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INFP Type 6w5.. I relate a lot to ISFP INFJ ENFP INTP and ENFJ

G

garbage

buhh ENFp 3w4

but that's all probably going to change tomorrow so don't put too much stock in it

Closest to ENTJ, because
  • the P/J definitions are terrible
  • the 3ness

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
ENFP 9w8 and I feel closest to INFP of course, the introverted version of myself.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
buhh ENFp 3w4

but that's all probably going to change tomorrow so don't put too much stock in it

Closest to ENTJ, because
  • the P/J definitions are terrible
  • the 3ness

I have a lot of 3ness too. is that weird for us enfps?

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFP, 9w1. Feel closest to INFJ. So much so that I thought that I was one for the longest.:D My Ni seems to be unusually strong for an INFP, maybe that explains some of my confusion. A lot of INFJ 9s out there as well.

G

garbage

I have a lot of 3ness too. is that weird for us enfps?

Dunno! Doubt it. There are some theoretical "contradictions" between the types' traits, but that's just because neither typing system is the whole story by itself.

Chaolioe

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
9w1. Told by S.O. I'm and INTP. Feel closest to INFP.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
1w4 I think. After ENFP I feel closest to ENFJ, though I often act really T or S about analytical things

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP. Offhand, I'd type myself as an INFP, and as an 1w9. I've noticed myself doing 5w4 things, though. Taken the test, 5w6.