• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Triads..question.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
1,8,9 - Gut triad (Anger based)

2,3,4 - Heart triad (Feeling based)

5,6,7 - Head triad (Anxiety based)

So let me get this straight... 1 type from each triad is aware of their instinct (anger/feeling/anxiety).... 1 type from each represses it, and 1 type from each is ambivalent towards it.

For example:

5 is aware of the anxiety, 6 is ambivalent about it, 7 represses it

8 is aware of their anger, 9 represses it, 1 is ambivalent about it

2 is aware of their feelings, 3 represses their feelings, 4 is ambivalent of it (push/pull)

is this right?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1,8,9 - Gut triad (Anger based)

2,3,4 - Heart triad (Feeling based)

5,6,7 - Head triad (Anxiety based)

So let me get this straight... 1 type from each triad is aware of their instinct (anger/feeling/anxiety).... 1 type from each represses it, and 1 type from each is ambivalent towards it.

For example:

5 is aware of the anxiety, 6 is ambivalent about it, 7 represses it

8 is aware of their anger, 9 represses it, 1 is ambivalent about it

2 is aware of their feelings, 3 represses their feelings, 4 is ambivalent of it (push/pull)

is this right?

It seems to fit. There is also three other ways to group these types that use triads, I can't remember it exactly, I might post it here sometime. It basically splits the enneagram into 4, 5, 9 --- 3, 7, 8 --- 1, 2, 6. Which is pretty usefull.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
3-7-8 are the aggressive types who go after what they want

not sure about the other two groups

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ I dunno does 3-7-8 really count as a triad? I think you'd just call it a maj7, but it doesn't have a fifth so missing one of the body pieces I'm not sure if it actually qualifies as a triad.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And what is the quallifaction process, exactly?

You could actually do a crap load of differen triads. The ones you see are just conventional/traditional. Because the Enneagram is base three, it lacks any true opposites, and the result is you can find something in common between any three types.

Out of my ass, I could say there's a triad like this: [1, 4, 7.] [2, 5, 8.] [3, 6, 9.] I wouldn't be surrpised if someone aready slapped a name and some shematics on it somewhere. Can I make up some unifying factor about them? Sure...

Let's look at those types. Maybe we can say it's about identity.

1s, 4s, and 7s can all be said to have obsessively unsatisfied self-images. All, in their own way, include the tendencies of a narcissist, which includes having unreasonable self-expectations and an anxiety about not fulfilling them.

2s, 5s, and 8s, in comparison, are more flatly proud than the other three. They are obstinately confident about the roles they have given to themselves, more like socipopaths than narcissists.

3s, 6s, and 9s, lastly, are rather identity confused, each and every one of them. They tend to lose site of who they are, and use their personalities almost more like means than ends. They are more like bordeline people, self-forgotten, changing both their attitudes and opinions rapidly.

Tada! Fairly convicing for something I just made up. It could use some refining, of course, but there you have it. Does this count as a triad?