• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most likely Enneagram types for ISTP?

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what the most likely Enneagram types for the ISTP are. 3 examples with wings would be great.

Cheers.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly 5 and 9. I've seen some 7's as well.

Roxy's Falling Up

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Well, i'm a 7, so there's one- and I think i'm a pretty pure 7, with no wing.
Another I think would be an 8w7. I really can't think of any others because i'm the only ISTP I know...

Off topic but yay for Austalians :D

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mostly 5 and 9. I've seen some 7's as well.

I'd agree - Fives, Nines and Sevens. In more detail, 5w6, any wing for Nine and probably any wing for Seven too.

Another I think would be an 8w7.

No chance. If an Eight is introverted, it's got to be because they're Ni dominant (obviously with auxiliary Te, as ENTJs are more common as Eights, but for 8w9s INTJ is a common type). I really can't see how else it would work. When it comes to Eight, I basically think:

8w7: ENTJ > ESTJ > ENTP > ESTP > INTJ
8w9: INTJ > ENTJ > ESTJ > ENTP > ESTP

All other types I have an issue with.

Roxy's Falling Up

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
No chance. If an Eight is introverted, it's got to be because they're Ni dominant (obviously with auxiliary Te, as ENTJs are more common as Eights, but for 8w9s INTJ is a common type). I really can't see how else it would work. When it comes to Eight, I basically think:

8w7: ENTJ > ESTJ > ENTP > ESTP > INTJ
8w9: INTJ > ENTJ > ESTJ > ENTP > ESTP

All other types I have an issue with.

Well see now, I said i'm the only ISTP I know. Just guessing.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tested 5 and 7w8 depending on my mood when I take the test. I see equal aspects of each of these in myself.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tested 5 and 7w8 depending on my mood when I take the test. I see equal aspects of each of these in myself.

Yeah, I've met the same problem. I think the ISTP type can the most easily match with the 5, the 7 and the 9 (essentially 9w8 though), and that a good part of them are a combo of the three even if one of them must be dominant even if it's just in a minor way. According to my personal experience, it's how it works, even if I self-identify more with the 3 than the 7 personally. On a other hand, ISFPs seems to usually be 4, 7 or 9, but a good part of them seems to be a combo of the three. Comportmentalist test usually type ISTPs as 5 because they enjoy solitary reflection, but that typing is far to be always right. I would say that the ISTP population comprised something like 60% of 5, 7 and 9, 25% of 3 and 8, 12% of 6 and 1, 2% of 4 and 1% of 2, lol.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm ISTP and I tested as 8w7.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an ISTP relative who seems 3 9 and 8.

Could he simple be 9w8 with integration to 3? (he has had plenty of time to "grow into" the 3 integration). Is a 9 workaholic possible? A 9 who values material success? His demeanor certainly seems 9, and he can be aggressive when he feels the need to.

:???:

KDude

I have an ISTP relative who seems 3 9 and 8.

Could he simple be 9w8 with integration to 3? (he has had plenty of time to "grow into" the 3 integration). Is a 9 workaholic possible? A 9 who values material success? His demeanor certainly seems 9, and he can be aggressive when he feels the need to.

:???:

I'm a 9w8. Definitely not a workaholic or cares about material success much. A bit aggressive though in comparison to other 9's apparently.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTPs are usually something like 5, 6, 7, 9. But for some reason I think some are often 3s... I can't remember, that's probably ESTP though. Counter-Phobic 6s can look like 3s btw... I think.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think a lot of famous people are istps 3s. michael jordan. tom cruise. etc

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3w4, 6w5, 7w8, 8w7, 8w9.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those are all bad fits, other than 6w5.

The ISTP is... talented, but lazy at best. Not the Badass Directing Blowhard Achiever.

JCF have nothing to do with laziness. As usual, you are wrong.

ISTPs are very often:

Active, playful, individualistic, energetic people who prefer to put feelings apart and concentrate on short-term goals and rational action: 3w4

Assertive, rebelious, self-confident, active, energetic, free-spirited, physical and fun-loving people who like variety and are at ease using their brain and don't need anybody, but can be proective with the few they care about: 7w8

Tough, self-confident, rebelious, assertive and physical people, who are attracted to intensity but prefer to strictly rely on themselves but can be protective with the few they care about: 8.

KDude

JCF have nothing to do with laziness. As usual, you are wrong.

It has a lot to do with function placement. Functions do not have static definitions in and of themselves. An introvert who still values sensual pleasures focuses it a lot on his own sense of space and comfort. Se becomes more focused on preferred areas and skills instead of throwing out some hyper ballistic energy out into the world. Nor do they value everything everyone else does. All IPs are critics. They won't take the obvious path of achievement.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It has a lot to do with function placement. Functions do not have static definitions in and of themselves. An introvert who still values sensual pleasures focuses it a lot on his own sense of space and comfort. Se becomes more focused on preferred areas and skills instead of throwing out some hyper ballistic energy out into the world. Nor do they value everything everyone else does. All IPs are critics. They won't take the obvious path of achievement.

Enneagram is about he internal paradigm which regulate your outter behavior. It has nothing to do with prefering confort or exuberance. Also, ISTP, (like ESTPs actually) economize their energy. That does not mean they have a low level of energy. STP, I or E ar master of finding the best way to maximize their goals. Therefore it's not "they take the obvious path of achievment", it is "the path of achievment is obvious".

You are probably one of those couch potato ISTPs with low energy, don't take your personal case for a generality.