• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram test?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't get the Ennegram. I like it because I think it's about a STATE of being and your path, rather than 'who you are' in a static sense. When I was in college, I tested regularly as either a 7 or a 3 (yes, not all ENFPs are slackers, we can actually accomplish things, and not just a keg run, thank you). Now I test either as a 4 (hate this)/ 4w3 (makes it bearable) or a 2 (arrrrgh, burn my eyes out NO!!!!) or 2w3 (slightly better) and depending on the test again as a 7 or even an 8 (i am NOT an 8, I'm not driven by aggro or hostile energy) I go back and forth between social and sexual variant.

My 1/9 scores are usually VERY VERY low, as in mucho negative. Same with 5and 6.

I don't think I can rely on internet tests to figure out my ennegram type...

I can't even spell it right.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think I finally am ok with my Enneagram type which is most probably 9W8.

Where could I find more reading about 9W8's?

MerkW

I think I finally am ok with my Enneagram type which is most probably 9W8.

Where could I find more reading about 9W8's?

Interestingly, I read something written by a person who was trying to debate that Albert Einstein was actually a 9w8, rather than 5w4 (the type commonly assigned to him).

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Interestingly, I read something written by a person who was trying to debate that Albert Einstein was actually a 9w8, rather than 5w4 (the type commonly assigned to him).

It's very difficult for me to imagine I would have anything in common with Albert Einstein. :smile: My thinking capabilities are about half of what he had. (But this has nothing to do with enneagram I think :thinking:)

I found this text about the difference between MBTI and Enneagram:

The Enneagram is about motivation, and the MB is about how we function in the world.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Allegedly Einstein wouldn't debate/defend his positions. He would simply present them and quietly ignore any rebuttals. In doing so he essentially preserved the peace. I suppose it is for that reason that some people believe he was a 9.

BTW, I also have no idea where I read this and consequently cannot provide a link to my source.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Here is the link:

controversial figures.

I do not agree with all of it, though. Generally speaking, for example, 5s tend to be far more absent-minded than 9s on average.

I agree, from what I have read I think a typical 9 would be fairly "sharp" as much of that type's essence seems to be founded on interpersonal relationships and good situational awareness.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People have pretty much posted all the good Enneagram tests that are free.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't need another test, I would just like to know where I could read more about 9W8's. :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
After reading the descriptions I came into conclusion that my Enneagram type is rather 7W6 than 9W8. :D

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't need another test, I would just like to know where I could read more about 9W8's. :)

Apart from The Wisdom of the Enneagram description of the 9w8, it's unlikely you'll find one. Remember that wing descriptions aren't that important in the Enneagram; it's the base type that counts. I know it's interesting to understand more of the specifics concerning your type (I was lusting after more on each Eight subtype to discover which wing was more dominant), but seriously, it's not that important, which is why no one's written much on it. The best thing to do is meet other people like you and talk to them about your experiences and listen to them concerning theirs, and you can introspect as well, looking at your tendencies and traits. That's the only way you'll find out more about a 9w8 or a 7w6 if you think you're that type.

After reading the descriptions I came into conclusion that my Enneagram type is rather 7W6 than 9W8. :D

There's a huge difference between the way these two types look. I'm not just talking about Nine and Seven, but more deeply between 9w8 and 7w6. How did you come to that conclusion?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Based on this comparison and to the fact that I have neve before read good descriptios of 9W8 and 7W6, I have just done some tests and read the basic descriptions of the types (without wings).

Descriptions from:
fineenn9styls2.html

Bolded – Yes, tha’s me
Underlined - Not me

Seven With a 6 Wing
Healthy Sevens with a 6 wing are responsible, faithful, lovable, nervous and funny. They are generally more oriented to relationship and want to be accepted by other people. Can be steady, more willing to stick with commitments; the 6 wing brings a longer sense of time. Usually funny or enjoy a good laugh - an amazing number of comedians are Sevens with a 6 wing. More openly vulnerable, have an unguarded, tender sweetness. Some have trouble expressing anger even when they are justified. May evade or finesse authority but still aware of it like a 6. Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes.

When more entranced, may have surprise episodes of sensitivity and insecurity. Their feelings can be easily hurt sometimes. Sensitive especially to comparisons. May avoid putting themselves to the test. Grow dependent and addicted to other people, afraid to be alone, suspicious and skittish. Can feel guilt easily, may project their conscience onto others and then act irresponsibly. Make themselves shallow, fall in and out of love easily. Sometimes breezily betray others by running away. Can be reckless, unstable, and self-destructive.

When Sevens have a counterphobic 6 wing their idealism can motivate a sincere desire for social reform. May work hard for a cause. Can be antiauthority, passive/aggressive, flippant, defiant. Some report hating to be told what to do. Clashes with Ones likely. May call down trouble on themselves. Complain about the status quo. The realm of hippie rebellion.

Nine With an 8 Wing
Awakened Nines with an 8 wing have a modest, steady, receptive core. They are charged by the dynamism of 8 - when focused on goals they often have great force of will. Get things done, make good leaders. May have an animal magnetism of which they are only partly aware. Can seem highly centered, take what they do seriously but remain unimpressed with themselves. 8 wing can bring a strong internal sense of direction. Relatively fearless and highly intuitive. Generally not intellectual unless they have it in their background.

When more entranced, they manifest the contradictions of the two styles expressing them in sequence. Could be passively amiable like a Nine and then turn horribly blunt like an 8. One moment they are opinionated or nasty, next moment kindly and supportive. Often don't hear their voices when angry. Can have a sharp, grating edge. May be slow to anger and then explode. Or angry but don't know it; may confuse being assertive with being rude. Placidly callous - both styles support numbness. Tactless and indiscriminate and indiscreet. May be unwittingly disloyal, spilling everyone's secrets. Sexual confusion, sometimes they are driven by lust.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 9w8 description is pretty poor. It's too narrow. Riso & Hudson's is far better.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I took Athenians suggested test and these are my results and evidently I am nutso. :wacko:

Image1-1.jpg

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
In addition to the suggested ones, I know of this one.
My results are pretty accurate other than sometimes I show so/sp. My wing is always too close to call, but interestingly usually lower than many of my other scores.
type score type behavior motivation
9 49 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
5 43 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
3 40 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
4 40 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
6 40 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
2 33 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
1 31 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
7 30 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
8 30 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Your main type is Type 9 Your variant is self pres

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
The 9w8 description is pretty poor. It's too narrow. Riso & Hudson's is far better.
Hmm... I would totally disagree. In fact as someone alluded to, some enthusiasts (and specifically considering R&H) give little credence to the wing it seems, instead focusing more on the variants. I will have to go back and re-read the description (if you are alluding to Wisdom of the Enneagram) from the book, but I don't recall anything that stood out enough to make me recall it. In fact, I don't even believe they have point-wing combo descriptions on their site.

SalesmanPoet

T
Indeed, perhaps so. It helps to wait some time before taking tests again, just to see. I would not be surprised if you were a Seven, because that is a very common type for ENFPs. The wing is your highest scoring number next to your highest scoring number. So in otherwords, if you are a Seven, then the ones next to it would be Six or Eight. Which ever of those two that typically scores higher than the other is your wing. It has significant influence on your type. It's really more like there are eighteen types than nine. 1/2, 2/1, 2/3, 3/2, 3/4, etc... you're an ENFP, too. The damndest thing about that is that all three of those are common results for the ENFP. :doh: You may just have to keep testing and keep adding up the scores, I can only say that you are probably not the Seven, given the average break-down so far. If you just keep switching and tieing again and again, with the Nine always somewhere in the list, then you are probably a Nine. They are the type most likely to give indifferent scores. (where as the Six is the most likely to give random ones)
Indeed, perhaps so. It helps to wait some time before taking tests again, just to see. I would not be surprised if you were a Seven, because that is a very common type for ENFPs. The wing is your highest scoring number next to your highest scoring number. So in otherwords, if you are a Seven, then the ones next to it would be Six or Eight. Which ever of those two that typically scores higher than the other is your wing. It has significant influence on your type. It's really more like there are eighteen types than nine. 1/2, 2/1, 2/3, 3/2, 3/4, etc... you're an ENFP, too. The damndest thing about that is that all three of those are common results for the ENFP. :doh: You may just have to keep testing and keep adding up the scores, I can only say that you are probably not the Seven, given the average break-down so far. If you just keep switching and tieing again and again, with the Nine always somewhere in the list, then you are probably a Nine. They are the type most likely to give indifferent scores. (where as the Six is the most likely to give random ones)
There is a thing called tritype.... I am a 853 and in the instance I took the test, 5 and 3 were remarkably close to 8. Then Katherine Fauvre's site told me about tritype. Which explained everything. You may be a 279, 729 or 927.