• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling all ENTJs for enneagram discussions!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Discuss your enneagram type and how it manifests itself in your ENTJness and why you think it came about!

I've seen ENTJs mostly as types 8,7, and 3. I'm wondering how you guys differ from each other and whether you have any idea how your "basic fear" and "basic desire" came about.

I've been theorizing about this lately and here are just a few of things I've thought of:

8s:
- Might have had very "Do what I say and don't question me" style parents which would be hard for an ENTJ who might really see the flaws in what is being said but would not be able to do anything about it. This could create a fear of being controlled and an have them develop an attitude where they consistently try to prevent this situation by keeping themselves in a constant position of power.

7s:
- Might have been influenced by someone in their life who led with strong intuition, which caused them to really become absorbed with the thought of all the possibilities that they later proceeded to chase < At least this is what I think happened to me.

3s:
- Might have had parents with very different types than your own, and might have constantly felt like they weren't appreciating all your good qualities. I think this could lead to a need to overachieve and prove yourself.

Please discuss :D

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Discuss your enneagram type and how it manifests itself in your ENTJness and why you think it came about!

Any free good Enneagram tests?
Know only my MBTI type results

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Living for happiness just makes good sense.

But I have to say the drug experimentation I've done has made me a lot less of a tight ass, I used to identify as a 1.

(now it's 7w8)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I like this topic.It will take me a little while to come up with something though.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I've seen ENTJs mostly as types 8,7, and 3. I'm wondering how you guys differ from each other and whether you have any idea how your "basic fear" and "basic desire" came about.

I've been theorizing about this lately and here are just a few of things I've thought of:

8s:
- Might have had very "Do what I say and don't question me" style parents which would be hard for an ENTJ who might really see the flaws in what is being said but would not be able to do anything about it. This could create a fear of being controlled and an have them develop an attitude where they consistently try to prevent this situation by keeping themselves in a constant position of power.

7s:
- Might have been influenced by someone in their life who led with strong intuition, which caused them to really become absorbed with the thought of all the possibilities that they later proceeded to chase < At least this is what I think happened to me.

3s:
- Might have had parents with very different types than your own, and might have constantly felt like they weren't appreciating all your good qualities. I think this could lead to a need to overachieve and prove yourself.

Please discuss :D

Why dont you include 1? Back when I was ENTJ :doh: :D I was an ennea 1. What do you make of that? ;)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Living for happiness just makes good sense.

But I have to say the drug experimentation I've done has made me a lot less of a tight ass, I used to identify as a 1.

(now it's 7w8)

Oh, so you're saying drugs are responsible for your enneagram type. Well okay then. :shock:

Why dont you include 1? Back when I was ENTJ :doh: :D I was an ennea 1. What do you make of that? ;)

I don't think that's how it works. If you're not an ENTJ now you were't a year ago :D

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Sorry am an INTJ but matching 3 letters sowill add my penny's worth :)

Tested as a type 5 w 6. Not too sure about 6 yet as I need to mull over it.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sorry am an INTJ but matching 3 letters sowill add my penny's worth :)

Tested as a type 5 w 6. Not too sure about 6 yet as I need to mull over it.

Psht 5.

Is 6 the one that is afraid of everything?

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Psht 5.

Not type 6, my wing is a 6. See below from BlackCat's thread:

5w6s see themselves as being fundamentally apart from others due to their oddness. They aspire to be one of society's foremost thinkers. They tend to be more awed at a world that never ceases to provide them with something to look into further. They are natural investigators who take the initiative to enthusiastically debate and discuss with others how they see the world. They tend to be more self-revealing and more emotionally detached than their 5w4 siblings. They have more of an uneasy truce with their emotions. On average they less sociable than 5w4s. While they also think there is more to them than meets the eye they feel more awkward about showing others this.

The 5w6 inner landscape is one of limitless curiousity, arguably the most of the eighteen subtypes. They've thought a lot about the world and the nature of things with an unrivaled specificity. They've seemingly thought about everything at one point or another from the complex to the simple. They've looked further into things than most others. As a result they feel they have an understanding of the way things are in the world that others don't. Others haven't examined things to the extent that they have. They think most people don't understand them and aren't likely to put in the effort to do so.

5w6 aesthetics are rooted in what is tangible and more easily seen due to their six wing. They envision being on the cutting edge of technological advancement as well as on the frontier of intellectual and physical realms. They contemplate exploring where few have gone before and witnessing worldly phenomena firsthand. They wonder what it's like to be inside the tiniest of probes observing life at the cellular level, or to be safely suspended in the fabric of space-time far away amidst black holes and other awesome anomalies of the cosmos. From these vantage points they are removed from the world of people yet tethered to the furthest reaches of the universe. Their sense of being in touch with these various frontiers beyond human experience has a highly intuitive and emotional aspect to it. There is a certain nirvana that's connected with understanding these worldly phenomena which also serves as an escape from reality. When they tap into that it feels empowering and feeds their tendency to think they have mastery over elements in the world. The more confident they are of their grasp of reality the more in control they feel and the easier it is to take action in the world without hesitation.

5w6s tend to have more sequential and incremental streams of consciousness and lack the "illogical leaps" of 5w4s. There is a process of gradual solidification to their reasoning that makes them natural synthesizers of what they take into account. They tend to have a "one thing progresses to another" way of coming to a conclusion that's generally more precise and easier to follow. They have bias against solutions arrived at primarily aesthetically for not being objective enough. They prefer a thinking process that is more "valid" and can withstand more scrutiny. They are more likely to see a bunch of things that cluster as "coincidental" and not an indication of some higher meaning that they can't explain, unless they can tie things in the cluster together in some way. They tend to not believe in fate. Much of life is random and they accept that. They are more likely to miss things that are there than see things that aren't there like their 5w4s siblings. They tend to be more methodical and analytical and gravitate to more structured intellectual areas.

Vanitas

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm type 3; more 2 wings, but I haven't checked/ take any tests yet.

Evguenia

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I've scored 1w2. After looking around, I can see that this is a pretty rare type.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

All of you ENTJs are forgetting 1 and 6w5. E1s usually correlate to any Judging type. 6w5 for some reason also correlate quite nicely with ENTJ, eg. David Letterman (supposedly).

Psht 5.

Not necessarily, I would describe them as vigilant and loyal moreso than afraid. The ones that I've seen seem to be rather down to earth.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, so you're saying drugs are responsible for your enneagram type. Well okay then. :shock:

While it's bullshit I know what he's on about. Drugs changed me massively. But it was a step in the wrong direction. I'm glad I've done it now though, and realised that it is shit, and the best thing is I can now argue with all the fuckheads who think I'm straight edge because I know no better.

I don't think that's how it works. If you're not an ENTJ now you were't a year ago :D

Was gonna say the same.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I usually test as a One. While I lack the indulgence and shamelessness attributed to Eights, I often "push for an authentic response" and consider confrontation and force of will as a first means to solve a conflict. Still, I seek perfection and follow an ethos in ways that others find peculiar.

Before the age of about 10, I did not have an active capacity for empathy; nor was I aware or concerned with the reactions of others. The lessons I've learned about vinegar and honey -- and resentment versus loyalty -- have left me relatively reserved and interpersonally observant.