• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling all ENTJs for enneagram discussions!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ENTJ enneagram 6? :/

My guess is that they would be more likely counterphobic. Counterphobic 6s are similar to threes, if I can find a description, I'll put it here...

The truly confounding element when it comes to typing Sixes is that there are two fundamentally different strategies that Sixes adopt for dealing with fear. Some Sixes are basically phobic. Phobic Sixes are generally compliant, affiliative and cooperative. Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with fear, and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be agressive and, rather than looking for authorities, can adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Counterphobic Sixes are often unaware of the fear that motivates their actions. In fact, Sixes in general, tend to be blind to the extent of their own anxiety. Because it is the constant back drop to all of their emotions, Sixes are frequently unaware of its existence, as they have nothing with which to contrast it.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I'm still not completely sure, if I'm ENTJ, but I can't call myself an ENTP anymore. So borderline ENTJ. 8w7. Quite typical isn't it?

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm an ENTJ and 1w9. ENTJ totally correlates with one. I also know a 6w5 ENTJ. You guys are forgetting that, while ENTJs can be assertive, Te by nature is also concerned with rules and principles. My 6w5 friend isn't particularly CP, yet he is very fixated on one way of looking at things (Te before Ni) and is very willing to discuss his views with others. Myself, I'm basically the same way in this regard. ENTJ is actually a very stereotyped type, and it really bugs me when I see people perpetuating stereotypes.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Discuss your enneagram type and how it manifests itself in your ENTJness and why you think it came about!

3s:
- Might have had parents with very different types than your own, and might have constantly felt like they weren't appreciating all your good qualities. I think this could lead to a need to overachieve and prove yourself.

That + I am shy like him:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU4wc0UgTus"].[/YOUTUBE]

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Plus, I'm pretty sure MBTI is genetic. I never chose to be the way I am in terms of my preferences. It's more like my preferences influenced how I reacted to my environment.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have no clue about Enneagram. I choosed three cause in the type description they said: 3's like workalcoholism. The other 8 types didnt mention a thing about beer :D