• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common stackings for ENTPs and/or other types?

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Does anyone know the most common instinctual variant stackings for ENTPs? Or for any types for that matter. I'm a people watcher and like to try to figure out what makes friends, family, coworkers, etc., tick. Right now I'm curious about an ENTP. My guess is sx/so, but I'm interested in reading feedback about the stackings for that type or any others. Thanks!

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm either an sx/sp or an sx/so (sx/sp more likely). And I don't know what's common.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
basically referring to how you relate to others in an enneagramish manner...

self preservational

sexual/intimate (means like one on one- nothing to do with sex really)

social

and I never saw a pattern on people on the site... I'm sp/so ;)

Qre:us

self preservational

social

Thank you. That clears it up.

I think I'm sexually intimate for self-preservation. sx/sp

Although, it always starts off with me being social....so....:mellow:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm ENFP sx/so.

Hopefully more people will volunteer their MBTI type/Instinctual Variant stacks, so we can see if there is a general pattern.

By the way, for anyone who hasn't determined their Instinctual Variant stack, here's a link to a quiz: Variant Test

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
infp sx/sp (4w5)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

self preservational

social

i wouldn't say sx has nothing to do with sex. sex is great for everyone, but sx types are more prowly. their energies are different and more catalyzing. they always want more. they are more insatiable. they lean more towards the addictive personalities, and their desires spike harder.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i wouldn't say sx has nothing to do with sex. sex is great for everyone, but sx types are more prowly. their energies are different and more catalyzing. they always want more. they are more insatiable. they lean more towards the addictive personalities, and their desires spike harder.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I am an sx/sp, and I've done some reading about sx, and one of the reasons it rings so true with me is because sx is intense, they have strong desires, and they (maybe when unhealthy?) can even come across as "threatening" to others which, I think, is more on an animal-sexual threatening level than a violent one.

Oh, and Im an eNFP 4w3

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
funny-pictures-cat-heads-stacked-palindromes.jpg

This doesn't look too common.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You hit the nail on the head. I love how you I__Js can so precisely describe something, especially IN_Js.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You hit the nail on the head. I love how you I__Js can so precisely describe something, especially IN_Js.

we can be precise, but it's frustrating. if we haven't practiced the fuck out of what we're thinking, then exxp types just come in and say it way better than us instinctively. we're just floaty and lost without a recognizable and navigateable context. bc we try to look thru the fog and get so close up that we easily lose our bearings.

when i'm at my best, i just instinctively gravitate/drift to the exact place where i need to look around some more. i just recognize and know, before it happens. it's awesome.

once you've learned to move glaciers by sheer mental dominance, everything else seems quite easy. the bigger the problem the better you become.

but, on the contrary, when i need to error-check and create more direct, explicit, less hazy and ambiguous and vague judgment, i get way frustrated bc it takes too much time and effort to do unless it is totally important and meaningful and necessary. otherwise it's just not worth it. bc it is not my forte.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we can be precise, but it's frustrating. if we haven't practiced the fuck out of what we're thinking, then exxp types just come in and say it way better than us instinctively. we're just floaty and lost without a recognizable and navigateable context. bc we try to look thru the fog and get so close up that we easily lose our bearings.

when i'm at my best, i just instinctively gravitate/drift to the exact place where i need to look around some more. i just recognize and know, before it happens. it's awesome.

once you've learned to move glaciers by sheer mental dominance, everything else seems quite easy. the bigger the problem the better you become.

but, on the contrary, when i need to error-check and create more direct, explicit, less hazy and ambiguous and vague judgment, i get way frustrated bc it takes too much time and effort to do unless it is totally important and meaningful and necessary. otherwise it's just not worth it. bc it is not my forte.

:nice:

The same thing could be related to EJs and IPs, but it's kinda different.