• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The Ultimate Enneagram Reference Thread

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know if anyone posted this already, but tvtropes.com has Enneagram type descriptions, and even though they're really oversimplified, they're also damn entertaining.

I loved their Type One description:

Ones (super-ego) are The Perfectionist, plain and simple. Their Basic Fear is to be corrupt. They have a little voice in the back of their heads which is constantly criticizing their behavior; they use this to try and stay moral and ascend beyond the criticism of others. They tend to shove under the bed anything they feel ashamed about, which can create all sorts of horrific repression problems. A healthy One leads by example and shows Incorruptible Pure Pureness; an unhealthy One can be a Broken Ace or hypocritical Knight Templar.

Revenwyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This test is impossible for me to take: http://9types.com/rheti/index.php

There are at least ten questions where my answer is, "both." And it's not even a matter of how I am more often, since it's usually just about 50/50. I'm not sure if that makes me incredibly wishy-washy, incredibly stable, or if the test is incredibly stupid.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bump, I was curious [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] why the first links in this post are 404'd? Specifically the forum posts.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bump, I was curious [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] why the first links in this post are 404'd? Specifically the forum posts.

I have no idea. I noticed this problem last fall - that a bunch of places where forum links worked at one point, didn't work anymore. For threads that I personally started, I have tried to reconstruct some of the links.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]

I'm assuming it's because the forums and subforums have been shuffled.

Look at the url for one of the forum links:

ttp://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/23158-descriptions-enneagram-instinctual-variants.html

The bolded part: that forum doesn't exist anymore, right?

I'm assuming the url's have changed for any thread in a changed subforum.

Would make sense why the forum links don't work, but the external ones do.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]

I'm assuming it's because the forums and subforums have been shuffled.

Look at the url for one of the forum links:

ttp://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/23158-descriptions-enneagram-instinctual-variants.html

The bolded part: that forum doesn't exist anymore, right?

I'm assuming the url's have changed for any thread in a changed subforum.

Would make sense why the forum links don't work, but the external ones do.

Ahhhh... Could be. Never considered that.

It means if we ever install that SEO software it will also break links.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you mind fixing the links, highlander? As I don't have mystical moderator powers.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] can one of you guys change the second link to this: The Enneagram ...info from the underground. It appears that the original page 404'd, but this is their new page, with the exact same information. Thanks!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] can one of you guys change the second link to this: The Enneagram ...info from the underground. It appears that the original page 404'd, but this is their new page, with the exact same information. Thanks!
Done!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hopefully some newer members get some use out of this list! The links all still work!