• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The Ultimate Enneagram Reference Thread

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh... are the links broken or something? It says I don't have permission to view them, but my account is activated and everything, so I don't know what the problem is...? :huh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh... are the links broken or something? It says I don't have permission to view them, but my account is activated and everything, so I don't know what the problem is...? :huh:

They got removed. I don't even know why the mods didn't edit them out.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are the best books available on enneagram?

My personal favorite is the Wisdom of the Enneagram by Riso and Hudson. It gives an in-depth description of each of the nine types and includes information on wings and subtypes. It is particularly strong in discussing the levels of development in each of the types and movement between those levels.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there any studies on the breakdown of percentages for each Enneagram type?

Neutralpov

It gave me the wrong type for sure. I got 6 and usually that is second to last. I think I misunderstood some of the meanings. I retook it and got 1 again which I have consistently tested as on the long drawn out enneagram test. So second time is a charm.

B

brainheart

Ugh! That gave me 5.

It gave me the wrong type for sure. I got 6 and usually that is second to last. I think I misunderstood some of the meanings. I retook it and got 1 again which I have consistently tested as on the long drawn out enneagram test. So second time is a charm.

Well, shoot. It really cleared things up for me. I don't understand why it doesn't work for others. I mean, you are your enneagram type based on your dominant motivation. And I fixate on nothing more than understanding myself and expressing my understanding of myself. Hence, four.

VagrantFarce

Well, shoot. It really cleared things up for me. I don't understand why it doesn't work for others. I mean, you are your enneagram type based on your dominant motivation. And I fixate on nothing more than understanding myself and expressing my understanding of myself. Hence, four.

Yeah, but it's easy to misconstrue what something means, and it's hard to look at oneself objectively.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I came across this website, which has amazingly insightful descriptions of each of the wing types. They are scarily accurate in describing both healthy and unhealthy states.

Note that the wing type descriptions here are incredibly insightful, but the super short descriptions of each type without the wings are not. I am 9w8, and my husband was amazed at how well the 9w8 description fit me in both my healthy phases and my stressed out unhealthy phases, but the general description of 9s alone is not very useful.

Here's the link:

http://mindheart.org/junction/oldcj/ep/wings.html

This is me 9w8 (the only thing missing is the influence of 7 in my tritype):
http://mindheart.org/junction/oldcj/ep/types/9/98.html

This is my INTJ 1w9 husband:
http://mindheart.org/junction/oldcj/ep/types/1/19.html

No wonder we are compatible!