• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The Ultimate Enneagram Reference Thread

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If four is your lowest score, then it means 6 is higher. According to the test, you'd be 5w6.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If four is your lowest score, then it means 6 is higher. According to the test, you'd be 5w6.

However, I identify with a 5w4 description more than I do with a 5w6 one. Although they are really close.

Like I said, the tests seem focused on the dominant type. I do not identify with 4s in the least, yet when expressed through the 5 as a wing the meaning transforms.

Or so I tell myself.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they are close, it's very possible it was just the test.

The 4 wing just helps to describe exactly how the 5 reflects. From my observations, it's not entirely different from the auxiliary function. INTP and ISTP are very different types, despite both being Ti-dominant.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I think so. I consider myself a 5w4 [or maybe a 6, I'm confused] but when I take a test, 4 is my LOWEST score. I think most tests are only good for determining a primary candidate, then rely on the descriptions for your wing.

But! But! I don't wanna be a 1 wing! :steam: I don't want to be perfect! Good, yes...perfect nooooooooooo :shock:

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
so i was looking for enneagram quizzes or something to give me insight without reading a short novel of information to determine what i am. i found a few quizzes... im questioning their reliability though as they just gave me an answer of "5"

total noob to enneagram stuff.

Jaguar

ughh...reading that... i don't wanna be a 7 anymore :cry:

If I used that website, I wouldn't even identify with my type.
Not only is a lot of it unlike me, it's 180 degrees opposite me.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hm. I'd type myself as an 1w9, but I rely more on my own extrapolation of rules and moral systems, as opposed to a more clearly defined over-philosophy. (Basically, I see myself as my own variant.)

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
This rather interesting piece might be a relevant addition:
Interpreting Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator Data With the Enneagram of Consciousness

I'm impressed by how it couples MBTI-functions to the enneagram in the following way

1: Te
2: Fe
3: 'Me'
4: Ne
5: Ti
6: Fi
7: Se
8: Si
9: Ni

Read it for the explanations and lots of other pairings

I interpret the allocated function as the one you're aimed at realizing (can be totally different than your conscious function(s))

Chloe

Neutralpov

ENFJ 1w2

I don't think that's exactly right.

:thinking:

I agree that it is close but not exact. Do you guys line up with it?

1 is Te and I am ENFJ but I have high EJ so I think the high J pulls me to a 1. I am also a perfectionist as my top trait so us 1's are not the sweet mushy twos that are usually ENFJ's. But make no mistake my Fe is fixed on people not things or strategizing like those ENTJ's who have Te.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This rather interesting piece might be a relevant addition:
Interpreting Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator Data With the Enneagram of Consciousness

I'm impressed by how it couples MBTI-functions to the enneagram in the following way

1: Te
2: Fe
3: 'Me'
4: Ne
5: Ti
6: Fi
7: Se
8: Si
9: Ni

Read it for the explanations and lots of other pairings

I interpret the allocated function as the one you're aimed at realizing (can be totally different than your conscious function(s))

Thank you for this ;)

Sunny Ghost

i'm curious... is it possible to change enneagram types? i used to test and be very much a 4 with a 5 wing. however, i just retested and got an 8! i feel like, in the house i do come off quite aggressive and confrontational, but outside the house, i'm a bit more reserved. the aggressive/confrontational side i always felt i picked up from my dad and from having pesky roommates that don't pick up after themselves. and i can be this way in relationships as well, when i feel my personal space is being constantly invaded. any other isfp's with an 8?

donnaj867

MBTI Type
hgo
Enneagram
tgu8
Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are the best books available on enneagram?