• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTPs enneagram

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
I don't know, I must not take the test right. Last time I took it I was a 5,

but I've taken other versions today and I got all sorts of mixed results.

But I'd say 5.
I also have no wing....can't remember waht it was.

Someone want to direct me to a good version of the test?

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
It's possible to have a balanced wing? Every time I tell people I'm a five, they assert I must have some wing.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
It's possible to have a balanced wing? Every time I tell people I'm a five, they assert I must have some wing.

I hear it's debatable. If I had to pick a wing, it would be 4.

Edit; I changed my mind I would pick 6.
At one point in my life I was 5w4 but I think I've been moving toward 6.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
what is the deal? you guys are all 5's?
i am a 9w1.

wolfy

awsm
no, i don't really think so.
but someone could probably convince me i am if they tried hard enough. :laugh:

Yeah, you could make a solid case for either type from your portfolio/cv, experience base, attitude etc...

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I keep getting 6w5. Being a 9 would be the shit.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what is the deal? you guys are all 5's?
i am a 9w1.

I think I am a 9 also. Never looked at which wing. I first thought I was a 5, but 9 seems to fit better. Ask those that know me IRL, I am far from being F.

This are some of the things that I deal with daily.

The issues encountered in the Nine are fundamental to all psychological and spiritual work—
being awake versus falling asleep to our true nature
presence versus entrancement
openness versus blockage
tension versus relaxation
peace versus pain
union versus separation

Nine is the center of the Instinctive Center, and is the type that is potentially most grounded in the physical world and in their own bodies.

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I don't think there's an obvious correlation between 9s and F/T. Most 9s I know are IxxP, with the middle two completely up for grabs.

Maybe there's a T/F split based on wing, but I don't really know how that would break down: on one hand, I would think 9w1 would lean F (the whole "idealist" "dreamer" thing) while 9w8 could lean T ("realist"). On the other hand, 9w8 seems to be more of a gut-response type - possible F? - and isn't exactly known for thinking through decisions much at all. 9w1 probably makes decisions in a more orderly way.

Of course, reading through a description of 9w8 sure does match the description of ISTP...

jixmixfix

Permabanned
actually I know an ISTP who I think is a 9....5 seems to be very ISTP as well...I think 5's are more intense.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
actually I know an ISTP who I think is a 9....5 seems to be very ISTP as well...I think 5's are more intense.

Yeah, 9s and 5s always seem to mistype as each other, so it would make sense if many of them shared an MBTI type.