• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTPs enneagram

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5's and 7's are contradictory though how are you close to 5? 7's prefer to be enthusiastic and engaging with people to avoid being stuck in their head. 5's are stuck in their head more suffer from an inferiority complex and are not engaging with people.

We get in our head, but dont suffer from an inferiority complex. I actually feel like I intimidate people quite a bit. Its more like i suffer from a perception that people think I am better then them and I hate that perception. It probably has to do with being around type 5 men with an inferiority complex.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
We get in our head, but dont suffer from an inferiority complex. I actually feel like I intimidate people quite a bit. Its more like i suffer from a perception that people think I am better then them and I hate that perception. It probably has to do with being around type 5 men with an inferiority complex.

the whole concept of 5 in my opinion has to do with needing a crutch ( a thirst for knowledge) 5's are skeptical about the world around them until they acquire that knowledge sufficiently. So the way I see it 5's tend to feel insecure about a particular thing, person etc until they acquire knowledge from it. Where as one person would dive themselves into many different things 5's are very cautious(that is where the inferiority complex comes in)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the whole concept of 5 in my opinion has to do with needing a crutch ( a thirst for knowledge) 5's are skeptical about the world around them until they acquire that knowledge sufficiently. So the way I see it 5's tend to feel insecure about a particular thing, person etc until they acquire knowledge from it. Where as one person would dive themselves into many different things 5's are very cautious(that is where the inferiority complex comes in)

I agree. If you read the 9 profile its a different kind of intellectual. We dont need a crutch, nor are we skeptical, or feel insecure. We will jump into things feet first with just a small subset of knowledge and learn as we go.

My son wants to be able to predict scenarios in his head. He will say "when this happens this happens right" with what he just saw. Its like he has to know whats gonna happen and how he needs to respond like its a rule or some law of physics. I respond with sometimes and leave it at I dont know. He keeps trying to come up with different scenarios and it exhausts me because are any of those actually gonna happen? Some of them are just simple validations that to me dont need some predefined thought. I think he is ISTJ. He exhausts me when he goes overboard with these and I finally just say, "I dont know, well figure it out when it happens". Its like he has to plan everything in advance, like every scenario of what could happen.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your son sounds N to me.

Yeah, I see that. It sounds Ne to me, but grounded in reality of detailed planning instead of idealism. He is 5 years old so its still hard to tell. It seems like he has a huge desire to understand the rules of the world

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
If it were possible to be a 5 wing 8, that's the enneagram my ISTP would be.

He is pretty much a 5 though with an evil 8 side.

:)

Henry McCoy

MBTI Type
IsTP
Enneagram
9/5
I pretty much tied a 5w9 or visa versa. I hear that's impossible, but I took the test correctly several times and always come out with that result. Maybe it will change as I get older.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel obligated to revive this thread because I finally figured out my enneagram. I'm a 9w8. Seems like a pretty good fit

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9w8 seems to be my best fit as well.

Being 8/9 conflicted sucks sometimes.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'am a 9w8 sx/so.=)

ISTPs enneagram seems like 5>9>7>3>8>6>1>4>2, more or less in that order.:cheese:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So lots of 9w8's. I've noticed some variation in the ISTP spectrum of interest/communication styles. I wonder if Ennegram is a way to kind of parse out the wave length?

Roach

MBTI Type
ISTp
I couldn't be bothered to look at enneagrams before but I just took the test @ similarminds.com and my top3 was 5>9>6. When bored I will try to read more about it.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I couldn't be bothered to look at enneagrams before but I just took the test @ similarminds.com and my top3 was 5>9>6. When bored I will try to read more about it.

Yup, I had to be pretty damn bored when I finally took the time to figure it out. I hate ennegram. :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? Used to not be interested with enneagram. But now I find it so interesting and insightful. Even more than MBTI.

I feel obligated to revive this thread because I finally figured out my enneagram. I'm a 9w8. Seems like a pretty good fit

Oh yeah!:D Do you know you instinctual variants?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? Used to not be interested with enneagram. But now I find it so interesting and insightful. Even more than MBTI.

Maybe eventually? All that w, SO/SX whatever...so confusing. Least for me.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol.. yeah, I can relate to all of the above. It took me forever to get around to Enneagram. I'm starting to get into it a little.

Also... While I relate to the 9w8 mostly, I can see a bit in myself in the 5w6... I'd say it was like a 60/40 split. Dang. I feel like 9w8 sounds too people-pleaser and social to be me, but 5w6s sound too argumentative and intellectually snobby to be me. I have no clue. Looks like I'll have to do more reading.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 can be argumentative and intectually snobby too, but it's more in the way to paly "the referee" and take pride to be above the melee. By the way, I've figured out the degree of frequency of each enneagram+wing in the ISTP type:

5w6=11
9w8=10,5
5w4=10
7w8, 9w1=9,5
7w6, 8w9=9
6w5, 8w7=8,5

6w7=7,5
1w9, 3w4=7
3w2, 4w5=6,5

4w3=5

2w3=4
1w2=3,5

2w1=2,5

Theses eneatypes are very frequent or moderately frequent until the 1w9 and the 3w4, and next it's rare.