• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ask any questions about Typology here- Enneagram, MBTI, socionics

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Uh... what. xD

Type 9 is usually I__P + INFJ. I don't really understand how you came to your conclusion, about who you should get with based on enneagram and MBTI.

I'm royally confused. *goes crosseyed* Read too many different websites. Nevermind? :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm royally confused. *goes crosseyed* Read too many different websites. Nevermind? :)

Explain your question and reasoning, it's not a problem. :) What are you confused about?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'm pretty sure I'm an enneagram 4w3. There are however, a few of the characteristics of a 4w3 that don't resonate with me. I was wondering if I could still be a 4w3 without the theatrics and drama? Or is that such an integral part of the personality type that I can't really be one without it, and I should start my search over? Or maybe, I'm only thinking of negatives in the realm "drama" and losing the positives side (where is it? I can't find it) of the theatrical and dramatic personality.

Thank you for your input :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define theatrical and dramatic.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Define theatrical and dramatic.

I suppose my definition is someone who acts in a way either to get attention (and thrives on said attention) or to create a situation where they attempt to get people to feel a certain way (manipulate a situation). I'm not saying I'm not capable of these qualities, because I surely am, but I consciously try not do them. I may be off base with my assumptions, but I hope that helps.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 4w3s I know aren't like that at all.

In general though there will be bits and pieces of the personality profiles you don't relate to... you seem very 4w3 so don't sweat it.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
The 4w3s I know aren't like that at all.

In general though there will be bits and pieces of the personality profiles you don't relate to... you seem very 4w3 so don't sweat it.

If you have the time, may I ask why I seem very 4w3 to you? I have just started learning about the enneagram aspect of personality and find it fascinating, so I'd like to understand it (and myself) more, thanks :).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you have the time, may I ask why I seem very 4w3 to you? I have just started learning about the enneagram aspect of personality and find it fascinating, so I'd like to understand it (and myself) more, thanks :).

It's just a feeling really. You effect me the same way a lot of 4w3s do enneagramwise. Yes, I usually type people based on how they effect me, it's a vibe. Sorry. :sorry:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
It's just a feeling really. You effect me the same way a lot of 4w3s do enneagramwise. Yes, I usually type people based on how they effect me, it's a vibe. Sorry. :sorry:

No worries, I definitely understand typing people off a vibe (I try not to but sometimes I can't help it :blush:).

What is the most common variant of a 4w3?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There really isn't a most common variant for any type.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll simplify: What type, judging from all my posts, do you think I am Midnight?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... maybe a 3? I'm not so in tune with J type 7's though, don't you have your enneatype as 7 at the moment? What makes you think you're one exactly?

Determining your integration/disintegration could help. From the enneagram institution-

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), scattered Sevens suddenly become perfectionistic and critical at One. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), gluttonous, scattered Sevens become more focused and fascinated by life, like healthy Fives.

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), driven Threes suddenly become disengaged and apathetic at Nine. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), vain, deceitful Threes become more cooperative and committed to others, like healthy Sixes.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Worth reading about. Some dude accused me of being a 1 (and then refused to associate with me based on that...). I could very well be, I am a reformer, though I'm not solid on that. I hope I'm not always that super negative guy, though I know I can be sometimes...

EDIT: I was checking some of it out...4w3 seems to be the closest I've read so far...maybe just a 4.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hi midnight .. So i am going to be awkward here, lol.

Can people be in a constant state of flux? Where over time they learn different behaviours that are not usually them and adapt/mould them into their frame of thinking/doing?

I'll give examples ..

I am an extrovert but i come home and enjoy my space alone. This is because i never used to enjoy my own company so always stayed around people, now i do and i get told i may be an introvert, lol. No. i have just adapted to make myself happy.

I am very much a sensor and love it.

My thinking/feeling .. I feel more than i think, but i am able to put aside my feelings and rationalise it and weigh up my options to find out if it is useful.

J Vs P .. i am a judger but i am getting better at perceiving .. I like that there is some grey amongst the black and white .. I like my concrete in some areas but in others definitely not. Fluidity is good.

Now someone asked me to take a test recently and my top three were
ESFP 64%
ESFJ 63%
ESTP 62%

So if the tests are correct and i am an ES .. F52% T 48%, J52% P48% .. How does this add up because the definitions of a type are not going to be based on if you are closely borderline to a type .. or is it.

Is every types description based on if you are that letter 100%?

If you understand what i am saying then brilliant, if not then SHIT. Lol

Thank you gorgeous :newwink:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are just basically very balanced then on P/J, and for T/F you've matured.

As for extroversion, extroverts get energy from their environment. They go crazy if they aren't externally stimulated, and that can be by anything (not just people). Extroverts enjoy their time alone because they can chill out and release all of that steam that you've gathered during the day.

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've taken both Siocionics tests, both times I get INTP. This would be an INTJ for MBTI, and the dominant function would be Ni, followed by Te.

From what I've read of Socionics, the last letter, the J or P, is the label of your dominant function, whether it's a judging function or a perceiving function. This approach does make sense to me.

My problem with Socionics though, is that, from my limited knowledge, they seem to misunderstand attitudes of functions. What happens is, it's basically the same for extravert dominants. But for introvert dominants, it switches the J and the P.

Under the Socionics model, if you're an Introverted Perceiver, then your dominant function will be Si or Ni. Your auxiliary will be Fe or Te.

This is where it irks me. The questions that measure your "P" preference in the questionnaires still measure whether your perception or judging functions are extraverted. So I take the test, answering the questions that I don't care about being on time etc etc, because I don't. Then I get the IxxP result, and tells me my function dominant and auxiliary is PiJe... and this makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's like they think the Functions change their function when you're Introvert dominant, as if they misunderstand Jung's attitudes and how they affect each function.

Can you clarify this for me? I recognize I could easily be overlooking a major point in this. But ever since I noticed this, I have decided socionics is rubbish. This of course doesn't keep me from trying to learn something from the site, but I always leave disgusted.

Oh, this also seems universal, but Fi seems misunderstood there as well, but again, this seems like such a common misconception that you might as well ignore my concern for it as it pertains to Socionics. Everytime I say I don't like to share my feelings, I get points on T.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics is different from what Yung taught with his functions. Most people will stay the type that they are (like INFP and INFp), but it takes some getting used to. INTp =/= INTJ. The functions are all worded differently, making it pretty much fit and make perfect sense. Almost every INFP in MBTI that I know is an IEI, with a few exceptions. Most INFJs being EII (again, exceptions), etc. I used to think that I was an ISFj, but it just simply wasn't me. SiFe makes a lot of sense for me when you're talking socionics, and ENTp as my dual makes a whole lot of sense too. Yeah, it pretty much just fits.

Have you actually read up on what the socionics functions do? Trust me, a lot of the time it's a good translation. But other times it's not. The most common types that seem to swap P/J are the INTs, INTP being LII/INTj and INTJ being ILI/INTp, but again... that's not a set thing.

Have you read up on Quadra? Function placements? The ~15 other dichotomies in socionics?

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I haven't really, any links would be appreciated. I've searched that site but had a lot of trouble finding the function descriptions.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So blackcat, what is my enneagram type?

Also what is my socionics type?

Also do you think I am actually an ENTJ?

Also, what are some entj faces I could look at?