• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ask any questions about Typology here- Enneagram, MBTI, socionics

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It means you are a Sensing Ethical Extrovert, ESFp. The order of sensing then ethical is the order of your first two functions (ethical=F). The Introvert/Extrovert is what the first function is. So SEE = Se Fi.

The black shapes are extroverted functions, the white shapes are introverted functions.

Square=T, L-shape=F, Circle=S, Triangle=N

On the diagram, it's your function layout. Look here for how it works.

interesting...what are you noigmn? would i be that too? or do i need to take a test or something?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm an MBTI INFJ but socionics INFP. What does this mean? I'm trying to read about socionics but I am not really understanding it.

Only extroverts map directly to socionics from MBTi. Introverts like INFJ can be either an INFp or INFj. It tends to confuse the hell out of people.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
interesting...what are you noigmn? would i be that too? or do i need to take a test or something?

Just ENFp again :). IEE - Intuitive Ethical Extrovert.

You can take a test to see. Most ENFPs will be ENFp though.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well based on what you scored here the enneagram types you'd most likely be are 9w8 and 3w2. Check out the thread in my sig and read about the type-type combinations to see what you are.

Thanks but why did you give me 3w2? Could you tell me how you came up with those numbers so I can move on with my life.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks but why did you give me 3w2? Could you tell me how you came up with those numbers so I can move on with my life.

Basically the enneagram type's wings have to be adjacent to the type (there can't be a 6w8). I gave you 3w2 because you scored so low on 4.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Basically the enneagram type's wings have to be adjacent to the type (there can't be a 6w8). I gave you 3w2 because you scored so low on 4.

But he got a -8 on type 3. :huh:
From what I read, he's a 9w8.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...He did?

o_O

I must have thought the - was saying what his score was. I overlooked that.

Hmm... Maybe he should just look at the types and figure out which one sounds the best for him.

Type 1 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

Here's a pretty good place to get started.

:yes:
Its ok, I had to go back to look, just in case. But its a -8.

JTG: But yes, just read what blacky posted above and you should be good.
Your score says your a 9w8, so read that first. Then go and read the others ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yes:
Its ok, I had to go back to look, just in case. But its a -8.

JTG: But yes, just read what blacky posted above and you should be good.
Your score says your a 9w8, so read that first. Then go and read the others ;)

He scored very negative on 8 also. His 1 is higher, so it would be 9w1. But I honestly don't think he's a 9.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He scored very negative on 8 also. His 1 is higher, so it would be 9w1. But I honestly don't think he's a 9.

hmm, i didnt realise you could be a 9w1.
I am mistaken. I really don't know what type he is.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm, i didnt realise you could be a 9w1.
I am mistaken. I really don't know what type he is.

ennea.gif

The types are adjacent, as shown in this picture. So 1w9 and 9w1 are possible. I should have cleared that up.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No you have been really helpful thanks! I completely understand all of this now.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
3) What makes a function Introverted or Extroverted anyway?

An introverted function is drawn inward and internalized, it's more subjective. Extroverted functions and projected outward. Take Ti vs Te for example, Ti is internal logic application and logical standards, Te is external logic application and logical standards. For this reason Ti users look at a problem and sort of filter it through their Ti system, they see the missing pieces and then through Se and Ne fill in said pieces. Te users just simply apply logic in a given situation, it's not based on a system, it's just based on what works. Te isn't really internalized like Ti is. Te standards are internalized based on Si or Ni.

i dont understand how internal = subjective.
Ji especially keeps itself removed from external objects, hence its judgment is objective. Je is involved with the external object, which makes its judgment subjective.
am i crazy or wut?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i dont understand how internal = subjective.
Ji especially keeps itself removed from external objects, hence its judgment is objective. Je is involved with the external object, which makes its judgment subjective.
am i crazy or wut?

Well Ji is based entirely on what the person perceives (Pe feeds Ji), so that generally makes Ji more subjective. Pi is subjective because it's the individual's system of information that they take stuff from.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, is the Enneagram system saying that Type 1 ENFJs would go well with Type 9 ISFPs? Is there such a thing as Type 9 INFPPs/INTPs? I'm lost... :huh: I'd prefer to end up with another intuit, if that's even possible...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, is the Enneagram system saying that Type 1 ENFJs would go well with Type 9 ISFPs? Is there such a thing as Type 9 INFPPs/INTPs? I'm lost... :huh: I'd prefer to end up with another intuit, if that's even possible...

Uh... what. xD

Type 9 is usually I__P + INFJ. I don't really understand how you came to your conclusion, about who you should get with based on enneagram and MBTI.

G

Glycerine

Hey, BC I was convinced that I was E9w1 but now I'm thinking I was E3 all along (an insecure one). What's the difference between 3w2 and 3w4?

Thank you!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, BC I was convinced that I was E9w1 but now I'm thinking I was E3 all along (an insecure one). What's the difference between 3w2 and 3w4?

Thank you!

The 3w2 version of outstanding is closer to something that's more w2 inclusive, accessible to everyone and more mainstream. They are on average more sociable and are more about putting their best them forward. They want to shine. The more extroverted 3w2s have a beaming brightness to them. As one poster put it:

"It is far more about end product than process for me. I don’t really need to appear to have taking no effort whatsoever, though I hardly wish to lay out my every faltering baby step in my process for review. What is more important is what you are, how you present, how you impress. It is about commanding that stage, turning in a scintillating performance, dazzling them all so you are the one that gets remembered. And sure it takes work to get there, to be that person. But that’s just part of it all. That happens, but it is nothing to dwell on, because of course you have to work hard, that’s just part of the game, nothing remarkable there, let’s just look at what we’ve become."

The 3w4 version of outstanding is closer to something that's more w4 exclusive, more unique and original, just out of reach and admired from a distance. 3w4s are more aloof, more melanchonlic and icy cool. They tend to romanticize the hard work needed to get to top when no one was looking: "the dignity that is in work"(Obama). They are about putting their best foot forward in a more professional dignified manner. As one poster put it:

"The 3w4 romanticising of “hard work” is really the keen awareness of the image/reality dichotomy – it’s about “everything you don’t see” – the work it takes to “appear as though there is no effort involved” – it’s about knowing “what it takes”; that sense of bittersweetness every time someone gives you a compliment. It’s the secret you keep of everything you’re not – of how you’ve had to become, but that no one else will ever know. It’s the steely, gracious and enigmatic smile as you walk on stage, thinking about “what it’s taken to get here”. That’s the 3w4 romanticism of hard work. That sense of being born with leaden feet, but having overcome it with nothing but willpower and desire, to take to flight as though always born with great and golden wings."

G

Glycerine

I think 3w4 sounds like me and the 3w2 definitely sounds like my dad. Thanks again.
Hahaha, I was way off w/ INFJ 9w1. :doh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not sure about the romanticizing "hard work" part but I think 3w4 sounds like me and the 3w2 definitely sounds like my dad. Thanks again.

Yeah that's just a copy paste. Otherwise I have no idea to be honest with you, I'm still learning threes.