• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ask any questions about Typology here- Enneagram, MBTI, socionics

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What function use do you see from me?

And what vibes?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jeff- Your type is COOL, JEFF would also work.

And you're a 7w6 or 6w7.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The wielder of the type obviously!

You put the cool in your typing of ENTP!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Man that completly ruined a good joke :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jeff- Your type is COOL, JEFF would also work.

And you're a 7w6 or 6w7.

Or maybe FAIL.

You didn't answer the function question, slacker.

Also, tell me about what "7w6 or 6w7" means. And don't just give me some link written by some weird guy, I want to hear your perspective on it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, well Jeff I was just going off of the fact that you took a test and got 7. I don't really know how to back that up. I doubt you'd consider that important to your life anyway. :laugh:

As for functions, Fi.

Feeling introverted, or food introverted. Food going inward is good.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Would you still love me if I were an INTJ?

Obligatory "what's my vibe?"

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have an air of pragmatism, but as explained in your other thread, that's because of the 6 wing over the 4 wing. You also seem sort of distant when it comes to people, yet you want to get closer to them. People appreciate your efforts to get close and generally take them as a cue for them to trust you more and to want to get closer.

I could give you a much better analysis if I were fully awake. But alas I went to the gym today, and worked out for ~2 hours straight. And I went to class. And I'm tired.

I should start a thread- "BlackCat reads your vibes". :tongue:

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Could I please get a vibe reading or a re-direct to the vibe reading thread if one has begun? :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I shall make the thread tomorrow.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You have an air of pragmatism, but as explained in your other thread, that's because of the 6 wing over the 4 wing. You also seem sort of distant when it comes to people, yet you want to get closer to them. People appreciate your efforts to get close and generally take them as a cue for them to trust you more and to want to get closer.

I could give you a much better analysis if I were fully awake. But alas I went to the gym today, and worked out for ~2 hours straight. And I went to class. And I'm tired.

I should start a thread- "BlackCat reads your vibes". :tongue:
Anyone who knows what "5w6 sp/so" means could have figured that out. :p

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I didn't really try there. :)

You will all get Fi analyzed tomorrow!

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Where do we get the order and direction of the tertiary and inferior functions?

For example, typical INTP function order is supposedly Ti - Ne - Si - Fe. Myers mentiones the two inferior functions (in the case of the INTP, S and F) in "Gifts Differing," but does not say anything about in which order they appear or where they are directed (introverted/extroverted).

Also, since extroverted and introverted versions of a function are the same function, just directed toward different things, do you think each function could have different levels of introversion/extroversion? I'll give you a visual. Take the intuition function, for example.

Instead of a strict division...

Ne | Ni

... could it be a continuum...

N e ------------------- i

with the behavior of the function lying anywhere between "e" and "i"?

I should probably mention I am simply tossing out an idea and asking for your perspective, not asking for a definitive answer.

G

garbage

Isn't that the mistyped members thread?

Sort of, but not exactly.

I hope this answers your question.

Instead of a strict division...

Ne | Ni

... could it be a continuum...

N e ------------------- i

This is my thought. Or, at least, there's gotta be some explanation as to why those dominant in one attitude (I/E) of a particular function are usually adept at using the function in the opposite attitude as well.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Actually, I'm going to make a thread about this idea so I don't hijack BlackCat's topic.

G

garbage

So what are the defining characteristics of the quadras? Many of the descriptions I've seen are pretty vague..