• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

...Enneagram Corner

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hellow there!

I've tested 7w8 twice before.

Do you know of a good type description for me to check out?

I've only read the 7 and 8 by themselves...

Cheers!

:D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Marcello. Thank you ever so much. :)

I am going to go with 2w1 sx/so or 2w1 so/sx.

:)

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Good afternoon one again my bipedalled friends...

Marcello almost sounds too impersonal so please...call me Marcy.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
What are nines all about and where do babies come from?

RTEmagicC_baby-storch.gif.gif

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... omg! so Santa isn't real? I thought that was why he was so fat!?! :cry:

~but seriously, what are nines about?

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
... omg! so Santa isn't real? I thought that was why he was so fat!?! :cry:

Santa just works once a year. 364 days full of leisure time doesn`t seem to help gaining a small waist.

~but seriously, what are nines about?

Nines are about sloth.;) Why are you asking? A more specific question would be more helpful.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Santa just works once a year. 364 days full of leisure time doesn`t seem to help gaining a small waist.

Nines are about sloth.;) Why are you asking? A more specific question would be more helpful.

I'm asking out of interest, I'd like to know the type. I'm quite slothful, I'm sure there are other types that are also quite slothful, are they just uber slothful, slothier than the slothiest sloths? They do enjoy sleep though apparently...

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm asking out of interest, I'd like to know the type. I'm quite slothful, I'm sure there are other types that are also quite slothful, are they just uber slothful, slothier than the slothiest sloths? They do enjoy sleep though apparently...

No, actually there are Nines who lead a very active life, though there are also the obvious slothful Nines. Sloth as a passion in the enneagram is about not engaging oneself in essential things. Nines narcotizes themselves. Maybe a video can help you get a bit of a Nineish (9w8) feeling:
YouTube - Bare Necessities

Btw I like your avatar. Casual and posed with a smirk on the face.

bornslippy

Welcome to my domain my bipedalled friend...

A family with four intuitives eh...lucky you.

Welcome to my domain my bipedalled friend...

A family with four intuitives eh...lucky you.

Ahoy Marcy. I'll take this as a dig for additional info. Four intuitives is an educated guess, though likely a correct one. I've had them all take online tests, but of course that's only a starting point. I'm certainly an N (and clearly identify with it) as is Mom; Dad less so; younger bro least 'N'ish.

Myself as an ENTP may be questionable; it seems to fit me best, though I identify with a number of ENFP/INTP/INFP traits. A hesitant extrovert perhaps, or deliberate, in a case of ambiguity I typically seek additional confirmation.

Ennea-hints for you ... took the free short RHETI and had pretty spread out results. Only type with no hits was 8. This makes sense given tests in past years indicating I'm a relational-promoter, very highly tended towards using influence versus dominance. Core type 5 makes sense in that it gives me access to 7's endless information seeking (more INTP than ENTP here with respect to lack of consistent action-based follow-though), 4's ability to perceive both the highest and lowest potentials of man within one's self, and 6's irrational commitment to relationships where there may be a lack of growth potential. 'Detached' makes sense in an enigmatic, girlfriend can live with me and not know what I'm thinking/feeling kind of way, and in a played Magic:The Gathering / Warcraft / Diablo kind of way. But not detached in a played team sports like baseball, football, basketball and others kind of way. Participated in student's council all through grade school, figure-headish leadership positions in athletics associations. Currently President of a Toastmasters club. Effusive personality in comfortable situations; apprehensive to stretch wings without a crash-net (information/knowledge, a social crutch, etc).

Smacks of 3 no? Would explain why I'm 6'ishly unsure of myself. 3w4 then. 6w5? 9w8 o_O?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Ahoy Marcy. I'll take this as a dig for additional info. Four intuitives is an educated guess, though likely a correct one. I've had them all take online tests, but of course that's only a starting point. I'm certainly an N (and clearly identify with it) as is Mom; Dad less so; younger bro least 'N'ish.

Myself as an ENTP may be questionable; it seems to fit me best, though I identify with a number of ENFP/INTP/INFP traits. A hesitant extrovert perhaps, or deliberate, in a case of ambiguity I typically seek additional confirmation.

Ennea-hints for you ... took the free short RHETI and had pretty spread out results. Only type with no hits was 8. This makes sense given tests in past years indicating I'm a relational-promoter, very highly tended towards using influence versus dominance. Core type 5 makes sense in that it gives me access to 7's endless information seeking (more INTP than ENTP here with respect to lack of consistent action-based follow-though), 4's ability to perceive both the highest and lowest potentials of man within one's self, and 6's irrational commitment to relationships where there may be a lack of growth potential. 'Detached' makes sense in an enigmatic, girlfriend can live with me and not know what I'm thinking/feeling kind of way, and in a played Magic:The Gathering / Warcraft / Diablo kind of way. But not detached in a played team sports like baseball, football, basketball and others kind of way. Participated in student's council all through grade school, figure-headish leadership positions in athletics associations. Currently President of a Toastmasters club. Effusive personality in comfortable situations; apprehensive to stretch wings without a crash-net (information/knowledge, a social crutch, etc).

Smacks of 3 no? Would explain why I'm 6'ishly unsure of myself. 3w4 then. 6w5? 9w8 o_O?

Hello my bipedalled friend. I see you as a strapping young buck on the verge of greatness. When you attain your fame and fortune remember it was Uncle Marcy who inspired you.

bornslippy

Hello my bipedalled friend. I see you as a strapping young buck on the verge of greatness. When you attain your fame and fortune remember it was Uncle Marcy who inspired you.

Awwwwwwww!

Sadly, money doesn't motivate me as much as I wish it would. I tend to horde it like a 5 versus spending it. Eventually I buy myself something as an excuse for not changing a bad habit. Distract and busy myself a la 9.

Hrm.

Distinguishers between 3w4 and 4w3?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Awwwwwwww!

Sadly, money doesn't motivate me as much as I wish it would. I tend to horde it like a 5 versus spending it. Eventually I buy myself something as an excuse for not changing a bad habit. Distract and busy myself a la 9.

Hrm.

Distinguishers between 3w4 and 4w3?

self-confident vs self-loathing my bipedalled friend...

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Is this very important to you?

Marcello notices the irony of him playing a lone hand as much as anyone while people follow him around.

A few others may type people better than Marcello...but no one has a higher batting average in getting an instinctive feel for someone's character and what to do about it whether it be real life or online. He is neither awed nor appalled by anything he witnesses. As soon as he sees red flags that indicate a pattern as opposed to an isolated incident he avoids them.

So it's more circumstances that dictate Marcello plays a lone hand and that there's more of a pride in maintaining an insanely high batting average than a pride in playing a lone hand...though there is certainly some of the latter as it fits into the self-image of a legendary transcending outsider who casts a huge ubiquitous shadow.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
How would those 5w4s related to 6w5ness? How do they know they are 5w4s but not 6w5s?

A lot of 5w4s strike me as overconscious of society in their iconoclasm. I notice those same 5w4s are also overconscious of the messengers(6w5) of the movements they are counter to as well as the messengers/authorities in their areas of interests..."this person said this"..."that person believes that" etc...natural footnoters. Part of 6w5ness is an excessive awareness of who the main players are. There's also a lookout for any main players in their vicinity that they could have access to...or other potential people to align with or share with.

No 5w4 I've seen whether offline or online has ever seen themselves as a 6w5. 5w4s assume they have powers of perception that seperate them from the masses whereas it's against the 6 underdog mindset to naturally assume they are in the power position in anything let alone came into the world that way.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, actually there are Nines who lead a very active life, though there are also the obvious slothful Nines. Sloth as a passion in the enneagram is about not engaging oneself in essential things. Nines narcotizes themselves. Maybe a video can help you get a bit of a Nineish (9w8) feeling:
YouTube - Bare Necessities

Btw I like your avatar. Casual and posed with a smirk on the face.

That's a good description, I like it, what makes it 9w8 over 1 though?

Thanks, supposedly it is very NF like :)
But NFs appear to be more serious than that :yes:

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
2453773950_74481a5a4a_m.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$ WANTED!! $$$$$$$$$$

Good afternoon my bipedalled friends...

Once again I have some disturbing evidence from one of my contacts in the feline community.

I am determined to bring him to justice so please...if you have any leads send me a line.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
It`s true, many Sixes mistype themselves as Fours. Generally NFs of all kinds have a tendency to mistype themselves as Fours, because many descriptions include a lot of NF themes, though the motivation differs from these other enneagram types. The same does apply to INTs who, regardless of their real type, tend to type themselves as Fives. Some of those mistyped Fours realize their error after a few months or years. Very rarely it`s the other way round and a Four mistypes as another type.

Questioning your type, cause you want to be sure you don`t deceive yourself, doesn`t exclude you from being a Four. Now, if you`re generally unsure about yourself or start changing your e-type every few weeks, would be another matter.

I don`t know what not being a cat-lover has anything to do with being or not being a Four. Was it some kind of joke? Also I don`t understand the comment "logical must be a left-brainer". What`s this about? There`s a theory from Lenore Thomson (an MBTI author) that J-types are left-brain or linear types and P-types are right-brain or holistic types. Being a left-brain type would certainly fit with you`re being an INFJ.

However, not being self-referential points straight away from 4w5. It`s part of the Five-pattern of being selfcontained by acquiring knowledge and looking within themselves for answers. In my experience 4w3s are not that self-referential. A Three-wing brings a greater attention towards the outside world. They`re more adaptable. Have you considered having a Three-wing instead of a Five-wing?

Would you mind sharing what in particular you did not agree with? And why?

No, problem, I will quote a few of Marcy`s sentences.

This is way more 5w4 than 4w5...recharging energy...it doesn't seem like going deep is natural to you.

That`s not solely a Five thing. The need to recharge their energy is true of all introverts.

The last thing a 4 worries about is they are a commoner in disguise. Their fixation is based on them feeling different from others on the deepest of levels...4w5 especially is an excessive pride in feeling they have nothing to hide because they're the real "them".

It`s actually double-edged. Fours have an excessive pride in feeling different from others, but there`s also a feeling of being defect and not normal. Which of these feelings predominates depends from Four to Four. Having such an deep-ingrained pride of feeling different, there`s naturally a fear of not being different at all. Of being normal and boring.