• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

...Enneagram Corner

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Lol. You tell me. When i first joined this site and took the test i came up as a 4 (i was in a bad head space). I took it again and came up as a 2w1 (which sounded about right at the time). i took it again just recently and came up as a 7 (which again, sounded about right).
Someone told me on here that although my moods can change (been doing some soul searching lately) my enneagram doesn't, yet it has.

What is your opinion on this?
Apologies for any confusion.

Are you more confident on ESFJ or 7 because those two don't mix my bipedalled friend...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Are you more confident on ESFJ or 7 because those two don't mix my bipedalled friend...

Is there a particular enneagram that does go with ESFJ ??
That may be the easiest option.
I just dont want to go into a lot of detail if i am or am not this type.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Come on now...don't let my beauty intimidate you. If you want to know your enneagram type here's your chance to ask Uncle Marcello...HAR HAR...

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
4w5...I would love to hear what makes you think I am 5w4?

The problem is, I always need to go back to my shell to re-charge my energy. When that happens, I will return to my introspective cycles.
I am lucky in a way that I know when to come back up before I get too dangerously depressed (I wasn't able to do that years back) but sometimes I intentionally go deep and enjoy my moment being there...

This is way more 5w4 than 4w5...recharging energy...it doesn't seem like going deep is natural to you.

There seems to be an internal resistance within me to not let me find myself. Perhaps it is because there might be nothing left for me if I finally find myself.

That seems threeish even though you I don't think you are a core 3...definitely not 4w5.

You have this constant "from a position of strength" feel. With 4s there's more of a "sinking" feel. You relive your emotional experiences(5w4) more than revisiting them(5w6).

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I don't know. When I stop thinking and analysing, I just knew it.
I weeped when I read the Ocean-Moonshine site for Type 4 description.
It was all about me. I do not feel the same when I read the Type 5 description...

Going deep was natural to me years back. I was in a depressing state most of the time...Now I do need a lot of time to be alone to feel "normal" but now I do not go deep as frequent as before.

I guess the internal resistance not letting me find myself was that what if I find out that I am actually a commoner type which I hate?

Another thing which I am puzzled about is: can an INFJ be a Core 5?

With 4s going deep is more indulging themselves.

The last thing a 4 worries about is they are a commoner in disguise. Their fixation is based on them feeling different from others on the deepest of levels...4w5 especially is an excessive pride in feeling they have nothing to hide because they're the real "them". You are closer to 3w4 than 4w5.

What MBTI you are doesn't matter to me.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
So I am a 3w4 now?

You think MBTI types and Enneagram types are not correlated?

Not getting the core 3w4...they come across more reluctant to go deep and probe their darkside.

You seem like a five with a lot of three in you...like even though you are a five you put your most competent foot forward more than most fives...like you need to be seen as some intellectual VIP.

Maybe some MBTI-enneagram correlations but I don't see MBTI as empirical as enneagram.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I could not help giggling at the phrase.

That might be one side of me...I guess I probably sometimes subconsicously gave others that impression without me knowing it.

I don't know...it looks like we need to mix and match different Enneagram types to describe me...

Could you please elaborate this a bit more?

Fives come in different shapes and sizes like any other type. Some 5s are more coy with what they got...some are less. You tend to talk more about what you know and avoid talking about what you don't know. The trap is if you do that too much you develop more rep than game and have to pay extra attention to make sure your game is up to par...that you can meet peoples' expectations of you in the intellectual realm...as opposed to a core three who has to watch out for that trap overall.

I see everyone as having the three intelligence centers...and each center has a different setting and your image orientation has a more 3ish setting than most fives. Various people have mentioned that concept before so its nothing new...some call it trifix...others call it simply expanding on the three centers...after all if everyone already has the three centers regardless of type...and each center is responsible for different stuff...then it's only logical to have a setting for each.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
The whole winter rays through to the icy heart...no 5w6 talks about their emotions like that...comes across as slightly mythologizing the emotional experience for lack of a better word.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I have a narrow range of interests and a lot of the time I do not even bother to explore some areas which I have not developed an interest in. I guess a lot of the time it does not even bother me whether I am seen as an intellectual. Sometimes I just do not care how others see me. I am pretty much driven by my mood. That was probably why I had a dilemma deciding whether my thinking or feeling goes first.

What do you think my instinctual subtypes should be?

Nearly all fives have a narrow range of interests...comes with the limited energy of being a five and the depth they probe whatever interests them. But it's important for you to be seen as someone who knows your stuff in an area you consider yourself competent in right?...as opposed to a five who is in a discussion in his area of expertise and still lays low...or at least low relative to his knowledge base.

When you used the phrase other half that cavalierly it was obvious you were at least a strong sx-second. After you divulged that stuff about math and the sucker for romance stuff in a way that was devoid of sp-first details...the sx-first became more obvious. Someone said sx-firstness was a desire to share in a certain way which I agree with...and sx/so never felt right...not enough making a mess of yourself.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Is this question for me?

Forgive me for my English, by saying "oneness", do you mean accepting myself as one person as a whole?

That you got a fair amount of 1w2 in you...use of the moral highground in your personal boundary maintainence style as well as your presence.

and yes I mean sx/sp

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
5w4, 3w4, 1w2...now I span five types already...

I see etype as corresponding to a fixation that robs consciousness from one intelligence center to feed that of another center as opposed to an intelligence center setting on a certain center...or another way of explaining it...the 5w4 etype being a certain configuration of centers and 5w4...3w4...1w2...as settings on individual centers.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
What about 6? I guess I might have some sixness in me as well...
Where does it fit?

There was a guy who explained how some 5w4s had an unusually strong connection to 6w5 but that material was lost when an old board went down...long story.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Oh really? Would you be able to describe briefly what the connection is about?

I don't remember much except that those 5w4s that related to 6w5ness experienced a tug of war between thoughts and feelings like you described whereas with other 5w4s those were more integrated.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know about the "box" thing, but you are probably right. I think I am an INFJ.

INJs and INPs both hate thinking in narrow-minded categories, but they have different perspectives on that matter. INPs are “tool users”, they use systems of thinking to help them organize their perceptions. These systems get compared with the INP`s experiences and observations. As more and more information comes in, their understanding grows.

INPs want to go beyond rigid systems and categories and explore their manifestations, whereas INJs are fixated on these categories themselves and their limitations. They want to know what the categories imply and which interest they serve.

Your remarks showed a fixation on the box. Also you seem to have the word-oriented approach of INJs and no gestalt-oriented approach which would point to INP. An INP wouldn`t mind that much about too small categories but make adjustment as he or she goes along. Maybe you have a good amount of tertiary Ti which would fit with wanting to define categories as exactly and all-embracing as possible.

I don't know. When I stop thinking and analysing, I just knew it.
I weeped when I read the Ocean-Moonshine site for Type 4 description.
It was all about me. I do not feel the same when I read the Type 5 description...

Your thinking of yourself as Four was kind of obvious, but why did you say that the enneagram has no type for you? I was wondering because I don`t know if the word-oriented style of INJs makes it a bit hard for you to get the types or if someone told you that you are not a Four, because of some non-fitting “requirement“.

I don`t quite get your pattern yet, but I`m disagreeing with a few things the little furred pet wrote. There`s nothing which contradicts Four in my opinion, though I was thinking about you being a 4w3, not 4w5. Five as main type seems to be unlikely.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Is there a particular enneagram that does go with ESFJ ??
That may be the easiest option.
I just dont want to go into a lot of detail if i am or am not this type.

Type One, Two, Three, or Six would be most likely.