• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

...Enneagram Corner

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi I'm 5w4. Now what?

I don't think you'd be here if you were a 5w4. My guess is that you'd be in a church somewhere breaking expensive paintings and sculptures to make yourself feel better.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
You gotta seperate the iconoclast wannabes from the real iconoclasts my bipedalled friend. I am a 5w4 at night(long story) and because my iconoclasm is innate and can't help but ooze out of my fur...I don't need to join untold legions of others by feeling counter to the biggest most obvious mainstream institutions out there to feel like I am an iconoclast. A true iconoclast doesn't depend on externals to define himself because he himself is anything but cliched and has enough contradictory traits to appear the opposite of how he is.

5w4s are like any other type...some gems and some real clods. Some are joiners...and some play lone hands. You just gotta seperate them.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's the difference between 6w7 and 6w5?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
How do you tell one is a double-head type?

So you are a 5w6 during the day?

Hello my bipedalled friend...I can tell a double-head type if they chase their tail more than I do.

Yes I am a 5w6 during the day. I designed my personality clock to synchronize with when it is time to handle practical matters.

G

garbage

I almost never use vanity or narcissism to describe type 3. Not to they they aren't those...but that it's a copout to a deeper understanding of what type 3 is all about.

That's an interesting spin on it, and I think I can see where vanity can be used as a copout.. merely a trait that can arise from their "image."

What's the difference between a 3w2 and 3w4?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I do not have a type. I fell off between the gaps in the Enneagram.

Enneagram does not have a type for me.
Neither does MBTI.

...or perhaps I created too many different "me" that I now do not know which one is the real "me"?

Good morning my bipedalled friend...

That last bit makes me think you aren't a gut triader...the different personnae.

Are there any types you most definitely think you are not?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I have studied the Enneagram for 2 to 3 months. I am some sort of a 4/5/6 combinations.

I am too logical to be a 4 and too subjective to be a 5.
Basic fear, desire and core motivations of a 6 just do not match.

My bipedalled friend...I doubt you are a 4 as the three (externally authored) tests are a bit too much for the 4s self-referential attitude which tends to make them explain why or why they are a type filtered more through their own perceptions.

The 4 wing can give 5s confidence in their subjectivity as a tool to aid their thinking process rather than detract from it. Not saying you are a 5w4...just wouldn't rule it out.

My first RHETI test results:

Four - 31
Five - 22
Six - 17
One - 17
Seven - 16
Nine - 14
Three - 10
Eight - 9
Two - 8

My other half did the test for me:

The way you phrased "other half" doesn't sound sx-last...hard to explain.

Four - 27
Five - 20
Six - 20
One - 19
Nine - 15
Eight - 13
Three - 11
Seven - 7
Two - 6

eclecticenergies.com results:

You are most likely a type 4 (the individualist) with 5 wing
Self-preservation variant

Type 4 SP
Type 5 SO
Type 6 SP
Type 1 SP
Type 9 SP
Type 8 SP
Type 3 SP
Type 7 SO
Type 2 SP

You also got a lot of 6 and 1 in you...but again the personnae thing just doesn't jive with type one.

What specifically doesnt jive with you being a core 6?

If you were a 6 what wing of 6 would you be more likely to be?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Buddhist%20monk_small.jpg
2304541505_39b9774710.jpg

Meditation time for Marcello my bipedalled friends...

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
I do not have a type. I fell off between the gaps in the Enneagram.

Enneagram does not have a type for me.
Neither does MBTI.

Despite your assumption you`ve entered a MBTI board. ;) What are you looking for?

...or perhaps I created too many different "me" that I now do not know which one is the real "me"?

Could you elaborate on that, please?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
My writing style is probably not a reliable source for typing as English is not my first language. I have only studied functional and formal English and can only express myself in limited ways.

These things about Type 6 do not appeal to me much. They are not the most important in my life:

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support
Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.

If I were a 6, whichever wing it is will still make me a "double-head" type. It does not sound very like me, as I always have a feeling side of me always fights with my thinking side...

martin-sheen.jpg

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it possible to be an ENTP 6w7?

I think I actually get E6s now :) And about the loyalty title given to the 6 type, what if you were to believe that there is more 'security' in another group of friends? You want that security, and you abandon your old friends for that purpose... how is that loyal? Or is that a trait of 7w6... :thinking: ...what's the difference between 7w6 and 6w7? hmmm... actually, I think I'm sure that I'm a 6w7... at least I think I am... maybe... :rofl1:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is it not?

Most commonly 6 types correlate to ISXJ and XNFP. I guess, it's not impossible, it's just unlikely. ENTJs are often 6w5 though... And I guess 6 + ENTP would explain why I'm not so sure about my extroversion :yes: (or not so sure about anything, at least until someone else confirms it)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most commonly 6 types correlate to ISXJ and XNFP. I guess, it's not impossible, it's just unlikely. ENTJs are often 6w5 though... And I guess 6 + ENTP would explain why I'm not so sure about my extroversion :yes: (or not so sure about anything, at least until someone else confirms it)

So if 6 correlates to ISXJ and XNFP (somehow) then that makes you an XNTP? Most 6's I see are IXXJ, but does that make your type change? No. And thinking you're NTP because of this. There is no such thing as an ANTP... you're ENTP.

I can definitely see a 6w7 ENTP. It seems like actually a pleasant ENTP versus the 8w7s and 7w8s who act like jackasses it seems. You seem like one of these people that is beyond that sort of activity.

DON'T READ INTO IT TOO MUCH! You can be a 6 ENTP! There is no issue with it! :D I would have responded earlier had the forum not been down.