• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

...Enneagram Corner

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Hello my bipedalled friends...my name is Marcello.. Like Aslan I have returned. For those who are unfamiliar with me I am similar to the great lion though with slightly more gravitas:

2735865268_daf77ddd3f.jpg
3259608045_03f2c14c8d_m.jpg

I like typing cats and people and theorizing about the enneagram. The enneagram is a natural fit for me because I have nine lives and there are nine types. I will post random enneagram observations in between my catnaps here since my charisma is too large not to have my own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I was mulling over how to parse 5w4s from 5w6s beyond the traditional "5w4s are art" and "5w6s are science" stereotypes since I find those don't work well. I find if the 5w6 is older and less "thinky" then they are a harder typing for me since I consider the 5w6 to have a slightly higher "motor"...thoughts racing through the head...etc. Due to the poor type descriptions that overemphasize 4ish depth and feelings I see on the internet many 5w6s mistype as 5w4s...but almost never the other way around.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Hi Marcello-

We have a cat. I was wondering if you could advise me about his needs. He typically sits close to us and all and enjoys a little attention, but doesn't like us to pet him that much. What does this mean? How much physical comfort and affection does our cat need anyway? Also any ideas on his type?

Thanks

btw did you realize one of your pupils is enlarged?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you know of any good 9w8 profiles? I can't find any. Thanks.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey CatGeorgeous it's good to see you.

I still think I'm a four, even though many people tried to convince me that I might be a six.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Hi Marcello-

We have a cat. I was wondering if you could advise me about his needs. He typically sits close to us and all and enjoys a little attention, but doesn't like us to pet him that much. What does this mean? How much physical comfort and affection does our cat need anyway? Also any ideas on his type?

Thanks

btw did you realize one of your pupils is enlarged?

Hello my bipedalled friend...your cat is a five like me. Petting him too much will make him feel overwhelmed. Too much affection will cause him to withdraw. If you respect his privacy he will eventually let you pet him more. Just remember to be patient as fives take time to open up.

One of my pupils being larger is due to me wearing a monicle...I think it make me look rather distinguished...don't you?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
diffrence between 5w6 and 6w5?

All breeds of 5 believe they are inherently able to understand things more deeply than others. 5w6s "just know" they are odd and aren't as fearful of rejection compared to the 6w5. The 6w5 is more likely to tell the 5w6 how strange he is than vice versa.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
All breeds of 5 believe they are inherently able to understand things more deeply than others. 5w6s "just know" they are odd and aren't as fearful of rejection compared to the 6w5. The 6w5 is more likely to tell the 5w6 how strange he is than vice versa.

ALL HAIL LORD ENNEAGRAM CAT

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Do you know of any good 9w8 profiles? I can't find any. Thanks.

Hardly any of the 9w8 descriptions I've seen that are available on the internet are any good...so I will try writing something:

9w8s are the rarest enneagram subtypes to find online...in large part because they are rarely intuitives unlike their much more intellectual 9w1 siblings. The 9w8 like all gut types has a less conscious sense of self so harder to see themselves(opposite of 4s there). Like all 9s they have a focus on maintaining harmony with others and see the smallest rift as having the potential to cause estrangement. All 9s have a haze...a cloudiness...whatever you call that diffusive defense mechanism of theirs. The w8 of the 9w8 makes them take the initiative to expand their haze outward...like clouds in their atmoshhere. In contrast the restrictive w1 of the 9w1 causes the haze to be pulled back to their planetary surface. Agitate a 9w1 and you can sense a "that didn't go over too well" in the air even though they will deny anything's wrong...but agitate a 9w8 and you wonder if they even have a sore spot. Play a practical joke on a 9w8 and he might take the initiative to go "Haha...nice one" whereas a 9w1 might seem perplexed and then say it didn't bother them. 9w8s will "haze through" a conflict whereas 9w1s hope it blows over. The w8 of a 9w8 causes them to take the initiative to achieve harmony in their lives while the w1 of a 9w1 cause them to hope that harmony is maintained.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8s are the rarest enneagram subtypes to find online...in large part because they are rarely intuitives unlike their much more intellectual 9w1 siblings. The 9w8 like all gut types has a less conscious sense of self so harder to see themselves(opposite of 4s there). Like all 9s they have a focus on maintaining harmony with others and see the smallest rift as having the potential to cause estrangement. All 9s have a haze...a cloudiness...whatever you call that diffusive defense mechanism of theirs. The w8 of the 9w8 makes them take the initiative to expand their haze outward...like clouds in their atmoshhere. In contrast the restrictive w1 of the 9w1 causes the haze to be pulled back to their planetary surface. Agitate a 9w1 and you can sense a "that didn't go over too well" in the air even though they will deny anything's wrong...but agitate a 9w8 and you wonder if they even have a sore spot. Play a practical joke on a 9w8 and he might take the initiative to go "Haha...nice one" whereas a 9w1 might seem perplexed and then say it didn't bother them. 9w8s will "haze through" a conflict whereas 9w1s hope it blows over. The w8 of a 9w8 causes them to take the initiative to achieve harmony in their lives while the w1 of a 9w1 cause them to hope that harmony is maintained.

Expand and clarify the bolded please? What do you mean a haze, and define the "defense mechanism". The way I understood is was the 9w1s try to make things perfect beforehand so that there was no conflict, while 9w8s will aggress and take the initiative to fix any rifts in the peace. But please expand... I can't find any of this information on the net.

G

garbage

whatup

I think I'm a 3w2. I've been told that I'm a prime example of the 3-6-9 triad. The Enneagram's cool, but I don't know too much about it.

That's all.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Answer my question? :)

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Haze is this aura that makes it seem like you aren't getting through to the 9...like he's tuning you out but not really...9w8 vs 9w1 is barney the dinosaur vs the pillsbury doughboy. The clearest way to decribe them is somewhat derogatively...9w8 is more "DUHHH"...dumb and dense autistic vibe while 9w1 is more naive and blissninny vibe. Come to think of it both ralph and his police chief dad on the simpsons are 9w1s.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
9w8 is more chill than aggressive...aggressive is more 8w9 or 8w7.

9w1 is more passive.

I think of 9w8 as the happy medium...9w1s have people step on their toes while 8w9s step on others toes.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Why do you think you are a 9w8?

Unfortunately it's harder to describe them vibewise without resorting to a negative picture. That's just it though. 9w8s are the most "chill". Because of the best balance between theirs and other peoples boundaries they have the least amoung of friction in their lives and tend to be very likeable...certainly more than their neighbors...9w1s are prone to be doormats and 8s control freaks both of which people can sense as turnoffs.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Haze is this aura that makes it seem like you aren't getting through to the 9...like he's tuning you out but not really...9w8 vs 9w1 is barney the dinosaur vs the pillsbury doughboy. The clearest way to decribe them is somewhat derogatively...9w8 is more "DUHHH"...dumb and dense autistic vibe while 9w1 is more naive and blissninny vibe. Come to think of it both ralph and his police chief dad on the simpsons are 9w1s.

You had me til this point ...