• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Odd (maybe even non-existant) MBTI/Ennegram combos?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything that aren't these combos are mistypes. Disintegration and integration can make someone seem like another combo, though.

38154071_2156400577938384_343859299375644672_n.jpg

Last edited:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nothing's impossible, but here's what I've gauged for the less common type combinations

ExFJ: 5 core; soc blindness is also fairly uncommon
ExFP: Also 5 core, though I could see 5w4 being more possible; 1 also doesn't seem highly probable (though I'll stand by my own typing atm)
ExTP: 9 core is pretty uncommon (though I've come across some), 2 would also be somewhat rare
ExTJ: 2 or 4 core (though in wings it's not rare by any margin), sx dom seems weird for ESTJs in particular, sp blindness improbable but not impossible
IxFJ: 7 core, 8 core
INFP: id in general (7, 8, 3); unlikely to be sx dom
INTP: 4 and 2 core, maybe 7; unlikely to be sx dom
ISFP: Probably 8; fairly versitile
ISTP: Probably 2; fairly versitile
IxTJ: 7 and 2
ISxJ: Unlikely to be sx dom

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nothing's impossible, but here's what I've gauged for the less common type combinations ExFJ: 5 core; soc blindness is also fairly uncommon ExFP: Also 5 core, though I could see 5w4 being more possible; 1 also doesn't seem highly probable (though I'll stand by my own typing atm) ExTP: 9 core is pretty uncommon (though I've come across some), 2 would also be somewhat rare ExTJ: 2 or 4 core (though in wings it's not rare by any margin), sx dom seems weird for ESTJs in particular, sp blindness improbable but not impossible IxFJ: 7 core, 8 core INFP: id in general (7, 8, 3); unlikely to be sx dom INTP: 4 and 2 core, maybe 7; unlikely to be sx dom ISFP: Probably 8; fairly versitile ISTP: Probably 2; fairly versitile IxTJ: 7 and 2 ISxJ: Unlikely to be sx dom
A good friend of mine is an INFP type 4 with the instinctual variant of sx/sp. I do not really see it as contradictory. For him, the sx instinct is apparent in his desire for geniuene, deep relationships and emotional connection with other humans since he feels that he has lacked that for most of his life.

I also am fairly certain I know an ENTP type 2. It's kind of hard to tell with her though, she might be an 8. She also claims that she is an INFP, which I just can't fathom.

I am also a sexual-last ENFP, which is supposed to be uncommon. And I do sense a bit of contradiction and confusion there. But that could also tie in with me being a 6.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A good friend of mine is an INFP type 4 with the instinctual variant of sx/sp. I do not really see it as contradictory. For him, the sx instinct is apparent in his desire for geniuene, deep relationships and emotional connection with other humans since he feels that he has lacked that for most of his life.
Oh yeah they definitely do exist, I have an INFP so/sx friend myself. 4 has a tendency towards sx anyhow, so that makes sense. Fi in general strives for deep emotional bonds with others just because Fi is such a relationship/passion oriented function. I've had people argue that Fi is correlatred with sx and, frankly, don't entirely disagree (though I do find the judgment a bit black and white). With INFP in particular though, you have Si in a non-inferior position, which sort of pushes away the desire for incredibly intense experiences. It's low positioning also typically makes the INFP a bit uncomfortable in the physical world and lacking in assertion and gravitas, which is why INFPs typically do tend to be sx blind. Idk, I find high sx Fi doms in general to be incredibly intense which is interesting.

I also am fairly certain I know an ENTP type 2. It's kind of hard to tell with her though, she might be an 8. She also claims that she is an INFP, which I just can't fathom.
That's actually really interesting, many of the ExTPs I've come across are too expansive/assertive to be 2 cores (most I know are either so 7s or 3w2s, though both of those look a lot like 2s). I'd be curious to see what an ENTP 2 looks like, perhaps that's why she mistypes as INFP.

I am also a sexual-last ENFP, which is supposed to be uncommon. And I do sense a bit of contradiction and confusion there. But that could also tie in with me being a 6.
Yo, join the club fellow sp dom (I'm ENFP 1w9 sp/so). Sexual last definitely isn't uncommon for any type tbh, although sp dominant ExxPs are fairly uncommon. Was it difficult for you to figure out your type at all?

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
With INFP in particular though, you have Si in a non-inferior position, which sort of pushes away the desire for incredibly intense experiences. It's low positioning also typically makes the INFP a bit uncomfortable in the physical world and lacking in assertion and gravitas, which is why INFPs typically do tend to be sx blind. Idk, I find high sx Fi doms in general to be incredibly intense which is interesting.

I think the idea that sx is always comfortable in the external world has more to do with the fact that high sx is common with Se users, therefore it tends to express itself in that realm. But sx has to do with intensity of experience, not just physical. INFPs with high sx can appear uncomfortable in the external world due to lacking Se but may still enjoy physically intense experiences, like rollercoasters or skydiving, for the pure sake of pushing their own limits, disconnected from their actual enjoyment of sensory activity in a general sense. An sx INFP may even enjoy such activities for the fact that they make them feel discomfort, especially if they are sp-blind. They are also likely to direct this boundary pushing towards personal relationships, constantly moving towards raw, emotional openness that can seem very intimidating to more reserved types. A high sx Se dom will obviously push their need for intensity into the sensory world far more often, but that doesn't mean that's the only intensity sx craves for.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hear often that E1 is uncommon for xNFP but I'm not sure I totally believe it. XD

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hear often that E1 is uncommon for xNFP but I'm not sure I totally believe it. XD

Frankly I go back and forth with that myself. The moralistic and advocating qualities of E1 seem like a good fit for Fi in general, though the organized and chaos averse aspects seem less so... I sort of theorize that a lot of xNFPs (INFPs more so just because of the introversion/higher Si) who mistype as 4 core are probably 1 cores.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
. That's actually really interesting, many of the ExTPs I've come across are too expansive/assertive to be 2 cores (most I know are either so 7s or 3w2s, though both of those look a lot like 2s). I'd be curious to see what an ENTP 2 looks like, perhaps that's why she mistypes as INFP. Yo, join the club fellow sp dom (I'm ENFP 1w9 sp/so). Sexual last definitely isn't uncommon for any type tbh, although sp dominant ExxPs are fairly uncommon. Was it difficult for you to figure out your type at all?

I am not sure if the girl in question is actually an ENTP 2. I think she is, but I think she also has a lot of personal growth to do and is not an example of what either an ENTP or a 2 are like at average levels.

I think her Fe is very strong, to the point where I think her main problem is that she overemphasizes it and marginalizes her Ti. Thus, the infamous loop, which is very unconscious for her.

She is very assertive and authoritative though, and I've found that some 2s can definitely be this way. I have an ESFJ 2w1 friend who is a natural take charge individual who can be extremely blunt with people. I think for these individuals, their dynamic with 2 is rather interesting. I wonder if there is something going on with 2s that is similar to phobic and counterphobic 6s.

As for me, finding out my Enneagram type was extremely hard. The instinctual variants and MBTI were not nearly as tricky (though there was confusion, I always knew I was sx last and an NF). I went through times seriously considering that I might be a 1, 4, 6, 7, or 9. It was mostly just clear to me that I was not an 8 or a 2. This could be part of me being a 6 since 6s doubt themselves and tend to have trouble determining their type. 6 descriptions are also geared more towards SJ types (of course, SJs make up the majority of 6s), and I think that might be a contributing factor to it as well.