• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Simplifying the Enneagram

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So why not just use three types that describe you best, from the most to the least out of the three you choose? SP SO and SX are still in play as well.

So for me I would be a 5>9>8 sx/sp/so. Simple as that.

Why must it be so complicated? It's great as is for subtyping, and I don't see a problem with using it like this.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
More complicated = more better.

Didn't you get the memo?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Didn't Magic Poriferan and Evan propose this some time ago? I can't be sure as I don't have any real interest in Enneagram.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Their system was way complicated and just basically totally redid it, all I'm concerned about is the types and describing yourself. No restrictions should be put in when describing yourself.

redacted

our system really isn't that complicated.

(p.s. you're the same type as i am)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol I had to have someone explain how to get my type out of your system. I didn't really see anything to indicate the order with the numbers themselves... At least not past the main type. That was my issue.

But whatever. Just a thought, look forward to more thoughts.

Also it's cool to see someone else of this type. :)

juggernaut

Permabanned
You know, I just did the enneagram thing and I really find it kind of confusing. The wing thing is especially odd and it sort of strikes me that if it could be that you're anyone of the three top results, there's some serious slipperiness going on. I also don't really get the SP, SO, SX business.

juggernaut

Permabanned
muchas gracias! :sombrero: (errrm sorry for all the smileys today, too much sugar)