• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing enneagram type

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Is this possible? Can people naturally and/or consciously change their dominant enneagram type? Like with me, my dominant type is 9, followed by 5, then 8. I'd like to develop my 8 side more. How does one go about doing that?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Spin the wheel and see what it lands on! :cheese:

G

garbage

From here:

Ultimately, the goal is for each of us to "move around" the Enneagram, integrating what each type symbolizes and acquiring the healthy potentials of all the types. The ideal is to become a balanced, fully functioning person who can draw on the power (or from the Latin, "virtue") of each as needed. Each of the types of the Enneagram symbolizes different important aspects of what we need to achieve this end. The personality type we begin life with is therefore less important ultimately than how well (or badly) we use our type as the beginning point for our self-development and self-realization.

So, yes, it seems that learning from all of the Enneagram types and developing the virtues of each is one of the major ideas of the Enneagram.

As far as how to do so? That I'd like to know.