• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Telling 461 from 469?

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm hoping there wasn't already a thread like this. I looked around but tried to do that before and missed a thread once, so.

Does anyone have any tips for telling these apart? Personally, I have a lot of strong opinions, but I've also noticed I'm not inclined to voice them much in person. I typically won't unless I know whom I'm talking to well enough. Most of the time in conversation I'm trying harder to listen and keep an open mind than insert my personal beliefs (until I've been hanging with someone for a while.)

I've read the tritype descriptions for both many times and both are kinda relatable, probably because they have so much in common.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, to me the differences between the Philosopher and Seeker tritypes are pretty clear, but I'm biased since I'm completely sure I'm a clear-cut philosopher. Since tritype descriptions are awful, I think it's most beneficial to analyze tritypes using triads. 146 would be double-compliant and double-frustrated. 469 would be double-withdrawn and double-attachment. Those triads could manifest differently.

Attachment vs. Frustration: Object Relations
Compliant vs. Withdrawn: Social Styles

From my personal experience, I relate less to 469s because I'm pretty clear about what I want out of myself and the world. I'm more structured and yes, willing to voice my opinions. I won't listen to anyone else with an open mind or try hard to listen because I am sure of myself when it comes to my standards, and very stubborn. Therefore, I don't have much of that "9" attachment (although I'm not much of a gut-triad person anyway). I'm also very idealistic and think a lot about what the world and I could be, and I'm left in constant frustration because reality never matches my standards, though I also have the more down-to-earth side from 1 and 6 that makes me want to keep working toward these standards.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, to me the differences between the Philosopher and Seeker tritypes are pretty clear, but I'm biased since I'm completely sure I'm a clear-cut philosopher. Since tritype descriptions are awful, I think it's most beneficial to analyze tritypes using triads. 146 would be double-compliant and double-frustrated. 469 would be double-withdrawn and double-attachment. Those triads could manifest differently.

Attachment vs. Frustration: Object Relations
Compliant vs. Withdrawn: Social Styles

From my personal experience, I relate less to 469s because I'm pretty clear about what I want out of myself and the world. I'm more structured and yes, willing to voice my opinions. I won't listen to anyone else with an open mind or try hard to listen because I am sure of myself when it comes to my standards, and very stubborn. Therefore, I don't have much of that "9" attachment (although I'm not much of a gut-triad person anyway). I'm also very idealistic and think a lot about what the world and I could be, and I'm left in constant frustration because reality never matches my standards, though I also have the more down-to-earth side from 1 and 6 that makes me want to keep working toward these standards.

Yeah see, I'm not sure how much differences in MBTI type could also play a part in it. Like, I'm sure there's a difference between a 748 ISFP and an ENFP. It does help for me to see how 461/416 manifests in someone else; the way you described yourself sounds much more like the description.

I feel like I seem more like a 461 online is the thing. Or maybe it's just more suppressed in person.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
469 is all about being a Truth Seeker. All that matters to me is the search for Truth, meaning in my life, my purpose, ours, and this world in of itself, searching within and outside of oneself leading to a very open ended possibility oriented uncertainty, even in "crazy" sounding possibilities (at least it's the bigger picture). I don't care. Cuz I know what we don't know more than what we know. But I have to find some Truth. I can't fathom how people can go on with their lives seemingly not caring or just assuming they already know. Many even arrogant in their assumptions. It seems so bizarre. The world is fascinating and mysterious why not explore and wonder more? I would assume the 1 in 461 is more certain though, more .. opinionated? Probably trust themselves more than the extra 9 with the 6. And a better handle on their moral expectations of themselves or others. 1 tends to seem to know their own emotions but they suppress them, constant self control. The 9 tends to distance, numb out, forget about it. How we cope.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The combo of 6 and 9 produces a greater doubting energy (both the strength/weakness). The 6-1 combo tends to try to address the 6 doubts with 1 idealism -- finding the "right way" to ensure there is something to hold onto. But this combo could make 1 tendencies to be critical/hard on oneself exacerbated.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for all of the responses. I've been stuck between the two so long that I've just overthought it to death, so I'm just trying to put what everyone's said together and apply it to past experiences. Much appreciated