• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Type me based off of my questionnaire

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm dedicating this post to [MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION] and [MENTION=32874]Vendrah[/MENTION] (hopefully, you'll have, "enough information," to type me based off of now).

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
My life is about survival/trying to get by. With what drives me in life, I'm not sure how to determine this aside from what I've already stated.

2. What were you like as a kid?
This is a description I've received from a family member: spunky, a spitfire, stubborn, inquisitive, direct, kind, sweet, inquisitive, endlessly curious, taking everything in even if I didn't participate in the activity, got into everything, built things/put them together/took them apart to see how it worked (example: toys), my wheels were always turning, not easy going, determined, and willful.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
In that I've experienced both of them being unavailable/distant in different ways and I also had some level of helicopter parenting.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
Personal willpower, resourcefulness, individual autonomy, and wits.

I try to avoid completely giving up on life.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
Maybe I feared punishment by an authority figure, but aside from that, I can't think of anything else. Regarding this present day, not that I'm aware of.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
Someone who's trying to get by until I die.

b.) How do you want others to see you?
As someone who's able, not a person that can't do whatever I set my mind to doing.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
Whenever they victimize themselves and don't make an effort into picking themselves up by the bootstraps in order to be functional in life.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. 3
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 2

8. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
Whenever people try to control what choices I'm making or try to tell me how to do something I'm already in the process of accomplishing myself (pointing out what's visible). With how I react to this, I just tell them that I know what I'm doing/that I've got it/I'm able to do it myself (so being underestimated basically).

b.) shame
Sometimes, I experience this whenever it comes to evaluating past reactions I've had to certain situations (by not picking up on certain things or misunderstanding it.

c.) anxiety
With anxiety, I may experience it when it comes to uncertainty and wanting to be able to control the outcome.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
I can become more emotional and withdrawn.

b.) negative unexpected change
Anxious, but I try to deal with it as best as possible.

c.) conflict
It depends: I used to be more conflict seeking/confrontational when I was younger, but I've toned myself down significantly in regards to that as I've aged.

9. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
I'm usually in the background/observer because I want to observe the dynamics of it and I default to this if I don't have any sort of influence/power over it (which I've avoided for some time now).

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I used to be a lot more authoritarian/rigid when I was younger, but now, I'd say that unless someone really needs some assistance on something, I'm typically more hands off. With why, I'm not sure.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
Yes and it's because it may clash with whatever pre-existing goals I have or I see a way in which I think something could be done better than they've suggested.

10. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
That they try to trust authority too much.

11. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I'm not very trusting at all and I would say it's due to how the world is.

12. Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
I would push myself to get there in order to prove that I'm able to get there.
To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
I don't think I experience this issue (to my knowledge).
To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
I know that realistically speaking, you'll need to rely on others to some degree in order to obtain benefits or resources you wouldn't of otherwise had if not for those connections, but outside of that, I try to go at it on my own.
To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
I do this in order to see if I've done anything wrong or if I really can't figure out a problem on my own (as a last resort).
To replace direct experience with concepts
I'm not sure what to comment on here.
To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
I would also say that I don't experience this issue either.
To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
I think that if circumstances were different, I believe I would have more fulfillment than I've received, yeah.
To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
I might if they're too emotionally charged, but I don't think I have a problem with asserting myself when necessary.
To be without needs, well-intentioned
I don't know how well intentioned I am or not, but I don't think that I'm without needs either.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll come back to this soon. Thank you.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You didn't tag me, but I think this is far clearer than your other set. To me, this sounds as though it could be cp6w5 or 5w6 with 638 or 538 being most likely combinations in my mind. I am leaning towards 6, as you seem to have the cp6 orientation towards being autonomous and self sufficient, desiring control, survival focus, a desire to be initiating and active in solving a problem rather than getting behind because of a fear of lacking the information to solve the problem. 5 seems to have secondary importance, bringing a desire to be well informed , rational in the way you go about dealing with problems, and further pushes the autonomy seeking of type 6. Nonetheless, 5w6 doesn't seem like a bad/impossible fit either if you relate more to that. Very clear sp dom, secondary instinct is not as clear, however your focus on power and dynamics suggest that sp/so is more likely than sp/sx, as sp/so uses that information in order to maintain the self and resources. Your comment on self sufficiency in question 12 supports this.

As an aside unrelated to enneagram, you might want to consider LSI/LII in socionics, I think you would likely see yourself in Ti creative.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You didn't tag me, but I think this is far clearer than your other set. To me, this sounds as though it could be cp6w5 or 5w6 with 638 or 538 being most likely combinations in my mind. I am leaning towards 6, as you seem to have the cp6 orientation towards being autonomous and self sufficient, desiring control, survival focus, a desire to be initiating and active in solving a problem rather than getting behind because of a fear of lacking the information to solve the problem. 5 seems to have secondary importance, bringing a desire to be well informed , rational in the way you go about dealing with problems, and further pushes the autonomy seeking of type 6. Nonetheless, 5w6 doesn't seem like a bad/impossible fit either if you relate more to that. Very clear sp dom, secondary instinct is not as clear, however your focus on power and dynamics suggest that sp/so is more likely than sp/sx, as sp/so uses that information in order to maintain the self and resources. Your comment on self sufficiency in question 12 supports this.

As an aside unrelated to enneagram, you might want to consider LSI/LII in socionics, I think you would likely see yourself in Ti creative.

Thank you for your input, I'll definitely be taking it into consideration (I've considered Cp6w5 in the past alongside core 5). So, I'm curious: why do you suggest that I lead with Ti in Socionics?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for your input, I'll definitely be taking it into consideration (I've considered Cp6w5 in the past alongside core 5). So, I'm curious: why do you suggest that I lead with Ti in Socionics?

Np. Outside of you seeming to have a strong dichotomy preference for T > F (which in my mind typically goes with T lead, even if that isn't always the case), your learning style and general outlook on life seems to have a tendency towards breaking things apart and creating systems of understanding in a way that mirrors my understanding of Ti (in both mbti and socionics). What also struck me was the mention of personal rigidity as well of liking to work within structure and the desire to maintain control as an extension of this, which I also thought sounded like it could fit Ti. In general you seem like a structured and controlled person, which I think would fit with a static type (I potentially think LSI might fit better than LII, as your mention to willpower in the way that you mention it is typically more associated with Se-Ni valuing types, but I wasn't 100% sure). Granted, socionics is not a system I'm strongly competent in, but that's the impression that I got from this.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=41240]Majesty[/MENTION] thank you again for doing a questionnaire. This gives me more clarity to work with. I shall nitpick this like I did the other one. XD My comments are bolded.

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
My life is about survival/trying to get by. With what drives me in life, I'm not sure how to determine this aside from what I've already stated.

This implies to me some Sp dominance.

2. What were you like as a kid?
This is a description I've received from a family member: spunky, a spitfire, stubborn, inquisitive, direct, kind, sweet, inquisitive, endlessly curious, taking everything in even if I didn't participate in the activity, got into everything, built things/put them together/took them apart to see how it worked (example: toys), my wheels were always turning, not easy going, determined, and willful.

This may seem silly but you chose to start with other people's view of you, this is an image focused kind of response. Sounds like a little mix of 3 and 5. Kind of makes me feel Ti and Se together too, wanting to see how things work and jumping right into it.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
In that I've experienced both of them being unavailable/distant in different ways and I also had some level of helicopter parenting.

Not super related.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
Personal willpower, resourcefulness, individual autonomy, and wits.

This kind of screams E8. 8s are about personal power and having the resources to handle things on their own.

I try to avoid completely giving up on life.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
Maybe I feared punishment by an authority figure, but aside from that, I can't think of anything else. Regarding this present day, not that I'm aware of.

This is such an 8ish response though XD

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
Someone who's trying to get by until I die.

b.) How do you want others to see you?
As someone who's able, not a person that can't do whatever I set my mind to doing.

8 and 3

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
Whenever they victimize themselves and don't make an effort into picking themselves up by the bootstraps in order to be functional in life.

8ish response.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. 3
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 2

3. Gives me the impression your 8 has a 9 wing.

8. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
Whenever people try to control what choices I'm making or try to tell me how to do something I'm already in the process of accomplishing myself (pointing out what's visible). With how I react to this, I just tell them that I know what I'm doing/that I've got it/I'm able to do it myself (so being underestimated basically).
b.) shame
Sometimes, I experience this whenever it comes to evaluating past reactions I've had to certain situations (by not picking up on certain things or misunderstanding it.

c.) anxiety
With anxiety, I may experience it when it comes to uncertainty and wanting to be able to control the outcome.
11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
I can become more emotional and withdrawn.
3 and 8
b.) negative unexpected change
Anxious, but I try to deal with it as best as possible.

c.) conflict
It depends: I used to be more conflict seeking/confrontational when I was younger, but I've toned myself down significantly in regards to that as I've aged.
3 likely image concern
9. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
I'm usually in the background/observer because I want to observe the dynamics of it and I default to this if I don't have any sort of influence/power over it (which I've avoided for some time now).
5ish
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I used to be a lot more authoritarian/rigid when I was younger, but now, I'd say that unless someone really needs some assistance on something, I'm typically more hands off. With why, I'm not sure.
yeah feeling 8w9 + 3w2 right now.
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
Yes and it's because it may clash with whatever pre-existing goals I have or I see a way in which I think something could be done better than they've suggested.
8 XD
10. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
That they try to trust authority too much.
8 and maybe some Ti 5 there.
11. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I'm not very trusting at all and I would say it's due to how the world is.
12. Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
I would push myself to get there in order to prove that I'm able to get there.
To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
I don't think I experience this issue (to my knowledge).
To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
I know that realistically speaking, you'll need to rely on others to some degree in order to obtain benefits or resources you wouldn't of otherwise had if not for those connections, but outside of that, I try to go at it on my own.
To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
I do this in order to see if I've done anything wrong or if I really can't figure out a problem on my own (as a last resort).
To replace direct experience with concepts
I'm not sure what to comment on here.
To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
I would also say that I don't experience this issue either.
To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
I think that if circumstances were different, I believe I would have more fulfillment than I've received, yeah.
To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
I might if they're too emotionally charged, but I don't think I have a problem with asserting myself when necessary.
To be without needs, well-intentioned
I don't know how well intentioned I am or not, but I don't think that I'm without needs either.

from this I would likely type you as INTJ 8w9 3w2 5w6 Sp/So

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=41240]Majesty[/MENTION] thank you again for doing a questionnaire. This gives me more clarity to work with. I shall nitpick this like I did the other one. XD My comments are bolded. 1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind. My life is about survival/trying to get by. With what drives me in life, I'm not sure how to determine this aside from what I've already stated. This implies to me some Sp dominance. 2. What were you like as a kid? This is a description I've received from a family member: spunky, a spitfire, stubborn, inquisitive, direct, kind, sweet, inquisitive, endlessly curious, taking everything in even if I didn't participate in the activity, got into everything, built things/put them together/took them apart to see how it worked (example: toys), my wheels were always turning, not easy going, determined, and willful. This may seem silly but you chose to start with other people's view of you, this is an image focused kind of response. Sounds like a little mix of 3 and 5. Kind of makes me feel Ti and Se together too, wanting to see how things work and jumping right into it. 3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted? In that I've experienced both of them being unavailable/distant in different ways and I also had some level of helicopter parenting. Not super related. 4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being? Personal willpower, resourcefulness, individual autonomy, and wits. This kind of screams E8. 8s are about personal power and having the resources to handle things on their own. I try to avoid completely giving up on life. 5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them? Maybe I feared punishment by an authority figure, but aside from that, I can't think of anything else. Regarding this present day, not that I'm aware of. This is such an 8ish response though XD 6. a.) How do you see yourself? Someone who's trying to get by until I die. b.) How do you want others to see you? As someone who's able, not a person that can't do whatever I set my mind to doing. 8 and 3 c.) What do you dislike the most in other people? Whenever they victimize themselves and don't make an effort into picking themselves up by the bootstraps in order to be functional in life. 8ish response. 7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least). a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. 3 b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 1 c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 2 3. Gives me the impression your 8 has a 9 wing. 8. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion: a.) anger Whenever people try to control what choices I'm making or try to tell me how to do something I'm already in the process of accomplishing myself (pointing out what's visible). With how I react to this, I just tell them that I know what I'm doing/that I've got it/I'm able to do it myself (so being underestimated basically). 8 b.) shame Sometimes, I experience this whenever it comes to evaluating past reactions I've had to certain situations (by not picking up on certain things or misunderstanding it. c.) anxiety With anxiety, I may experience it when it comes to uncertainty and wanting to be able to control the outcome. 8 11. Describe how you respond to the following: a.) stress I can become more emotional and withdrawn. 3 and 8 b.) negative unexpected change Anxious, but I try to deal with it as best as possible. c.) conflict It depends: I used to be more conflict seeking/confrontational when I was younger, but I've toned myself down significantly in regards to that as I've aged. 3 likely image concern 9. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why? I'm usually in the background/observer because I want to observe the dynamics of it and I default to this if I don't have any sort of influence/power over it (which I've avoided for some time now). 5ish b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why? I used to be a lot more authoritarian/rigid when I was younger, but now, I'd say that unless someone really needs some assistance on something, I'm typically more hands off. With why, I'm not sure. yeah feeling 8w9 + 3w2 right now. c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why? Yes and it's because it may clash with whatever pre-existing goals I have or I see a way in which I think something could be done better than they've suggested. 8 XD 10. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't? That they try to trust authority too much. 8 and maybe some Ti 5 there. 11. Comment on your relationship with trust. I'm not very trusting at all and I would say it's due to how the world is. 8 12. Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why) To constantly push yourself to be "the best" I would push myself to get there in order to prove that I'm able to get there. To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation I don't think I experience this issue (to my knowledge). To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient I know that realistically speaking, you'll need to rely on others to some degree in order to obtain benefits or resources you wouldn't of otherwise had if not for those connections, but outside of that, I try to go at it on my own. To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance I do this in order to see if I've done anything wrong or if I really can't figure out a problem on my own (as a last resort). To replace direct experience with concepts I'm not sure what to comment on here. To overuse imagination in searching for yourself I would also say that I don't experience this issue either. To think that fulfillment is somewhere else I think that if circumstances were different, I believe I would have more fulfillment than I've received, yeah. To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself I might if they're too emotionally charged, but I don't think I have a problem with asserting myself when necessary. To be without needs, well-intentioned I don't know how well intentioned I am or not, but I don't think that I'm without needs either. from this I would likely type you as INTJ 8w9 3w2 5w6 Sp/So

Alright, so I'm going to make a couple clarifications/corrections in regards to the OP. So, the reason I started off with a description of how I was viewed by a family member as a child is because I don't remember much about that time (I thought it would give you a more detailed/clearer picture). With question number 7, I just realized while reading it again that I got the numbering mixed up: I thought that 3 meant the most while 1 was the least. I'm curious: you state throughout the analysis that you think I could have Ti-Se, but then, you say that you think I'm an INTJ: where did that come from?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, so I'm going to make a couple clarifications/corrections in regards to the OP. So, the reason I started off with a description of how I was viewed by a family member as a child is because I don't remember much about that time (I thought it would give you a more detailed/clearer picture). With question number 7, I just realized while reading it again that I got the numbering mixed up: I thought that 3 meant the most while 1 was the least. I'm curious: you state throughout the analysis that you think I could have Ti-Se, but then, you say that you think I'm an INTJ: where did that come from?

Hi. Not bad at all. :)

So um lemme take that back because my brain was a little messy and somehow I recalled INTJ being dominant in something it is not. woops. XD I mean it IS plausible as Se is a filter for INTJ and Ni dominance can sometimes look a bit like Ti but you seem pretty generally Ti here. So your real option should be ISTP. Your secondary option could possibly be, if you doubt Ti in any way, looking into INTP. If you don't resonate with these then I'd look at INTJ.

Sorry for my flub here. Thank you again for working with me a bit here. But yeah INTJ is Ni dominant not Ti dominant. My brain. XD

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

& [MENTION=41240]Majesty[/MENTION]

I think [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION] nailed it and summed up pretty well, I can't do better. I do agree with almost everything on this post. Just as a complement, I think that ennea 5 is strong but ennea 6cp is stronger. I say that because, even if some people like to deny, there are a few eventual overlaps between the enneagram types, specially because 6cp and 8 has a few overlaps, so even for experienced people "confusing" them is common. But from my few 6cp vs 8 reads, counter-phobic 6 is still a 'defensive' position while 8 is somewhat of an 'attack' position; I think the OP quest for "surviving" and lack of trust probably justifies more the desire for personal willpower, autonomy, etc... instead of an will to compete or to seek a challenge - I don't actually saw any signs of desiring competition, seeking to challenge something, but rather dealing with things for surviving - like "I'm not very trusting at all and I would say it's due to how the world is." sounds more on that direction.

Although I am not a fan of wing theory, I think 6w5 has more meaning to the OP than any specific tri-type, specially because the Frauve system fails here because both 6cp and 5 are 'high trends'.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with RadicalDoubt. Before even reading her response, I thought 6w5. With 8 and 3.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was tagged for some reason and I don't want to be a jerk so I'll make an exception to my rule in not posting in most people's "type me" threads.

I don't have anything good to say that hasn't already been said, though.

Here are some notes I had while going through your questionnaire:

I would say that you are 8w9 6w5 3w4 sp/sx. I believe that this is your tritype but I am not completely sure about your variants (I could buy sp/so, but I think you seem negative to large social groups).