• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Difference between 9w1 and 9w8 [video]

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like this guy, he exudes dad vibes, I want him to help me fix the chain on my bike and take me to eat ice cream on the pier

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The whole intro summed up my 'issues' quite a bit. I think my age at this point makes me seem un-9-like often - I consciously take the opposite approach now a lot since I know not doing so hurts everyone involved and I could care less now trying to appease those I don't even like at this point; but the whole initial summary was me in a nutshell in romantic relationships especially until fairly recently actually (in the grand scheme of my life). I think the 9 combined with FJ especially meant I had more of a double whammy of waiting waaaay too long in any relationships before bringing things up - and by that point it ended up causing a lot more issues than had it happened earlier - or a breakup would/should have happened way earlier had I not gone to great lengths in 'accommodating'. And, re anger, when on this forum in the early years, when I was almost 30 and hadn't yet entered my 30's, I at that time often posted I didn't relate to anger, it was something I almost never experienced, etc. And now - wow, the past five or so years that's really changed. lol.

Edit: I relate to a fair amount of w8 stuff; but honestly that's again come with age; the things I identify with now weren't the case when younger. I've heard too that one can and will identify with elements of both wings of a given core. The only main thing in the whole video I don't relate to is that I never talk in detail at all, and never had that I recall. But I will say my reason for never talking much is other people DO give cues that are readily observable and that indicate they're not interested. That or, I know for a fact the person won't care a bit so why would I bother with details if I know the person doesn't care? Ha. I am 100% 'accommodating' their preferences by not sharing, BTW, so that I guess is on point with harmonizing. And I actually prefer not to talk at length (due to knowing no one really wants to be an earpiece for a great length of time), I don't have a need to share details. People share details at length with me all the time and I could care less about their details, details are boring or completely unnecessary to most people who aren't truly involved or invested or sharing the same interest.