• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Unholy Trio

Sforza

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm writing this as I'm waiting for my delicious cappuccino to be delivered to me, having one simple task at hand for the Typology Central think tank that I always was so impressed by, would you be so kind and read few paragraphs of mine and shed some light on what enneagram/tritype fits me best.

I have an idealized vision of myself that I constantly strive to match, this vision is an amalgam of behaviors I admire in my role models. This self-ideal is constantly readjusted as I get older and precise my understanding of life. My ideal self is built of two main components, the first is what attributes I find impressive and therefore what I want others to see me as; the second is whether those attributes are aligned with who I genuinely am. So, therefore if I think that the attribute of willpower is one that is in sync with my core framework of traits, and if I find willpower to be an impressive trait, both outwardly and inwardly, I'll constantly strive to nurture it.

I don't think I have an arch fear but I can tally them up in an unholy trio. I dislike being mocked, when someone undermines me, I usually take few moments to collect myself to strategize in order to gain back control over the encounter, or at least find a dignified exit.
I noticed that whenever I seek a partner I intuitively look for someone that I'm certain is going to fall for me first, this helps me to avoid being emotionally wounded. It's a sort of a god-mode in a relationship where your partner admirers you for what you are to them. Loss of authority = emotional damage.

I tend to avoid pain in all quarters, I've always been overly indulgent and the only thing that throttles this is when my behavior starts tarnishing the image I'm striving for, or when I can see it'll cost me emotional pain/discomfort in the future.

When I go into stress I tend to internalize and blank to others, but rarely seek help or show that I'm strained. I hate having to suspend or postpone decisions when I'm like this, I like being set on whatever agreements or subscriptions in advance, so that my present actions will correspond to that future. So when I'm stressed I make rash, cold decisions to avoid being tortured by uncertainty and regain my peace of mind.

My default response to fear is to block out what's causing it, I rarely confront my fears, I just come up with strategies to block out their sources.
Whenever I'm angered I tend to show it with my body gestures and facial expression while doing my best to remain in control. My anger bleeds gradually until I explode (which is v. rare) or exit the situation and slowly calm myself.
I rarely feel ashamed but when I do I tend to exit the stage as fast I can, so I can come up with a way of regaining my face.

I tend to get irritated by seemingly odd things, I was having my evening snack in my bed recently and my partner left a can of wet cat food open right beside me, annoyed I told her that she's inconsiderate making me smell wet cat food precisely when I wanted to take a breather, relax and enjoy my favorite snack. Sometimes when I get irritated I don't even attempt to voice my issue, I just internalize and make it clear that I don't want to interact with the person who annoyed me until they show initiative to redeem themselves in my eyes.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like this is a test. Lol :rly???:

From this, I would think that you've typed yourself correctly with 3w4. To round that out, 3w4 8w7 7w?.

Sforza

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
It's just me confirming my own perception of myself, but thank you for making me laugh

Where do you see that much of 8 in what I wrote?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's just me confirming my own perception of myself, but thank you for making me laugh

Where do you see that much of 8 in what I wrote?

For 8, you're very sensitive to shielding yourself from vulnerability, and are protective of your space in an assertive way. You want to be in charge, and would rather act than wait. You're definitely not a 9, and I think 8 rather than 1 for your gut because you emphasize the control and action/protection of yourself aspect rather than the I must do what's Right motivation a 1 would have.

I did also see a lot of 7, so I think 3w4 7w? 8w7 could also be likely.

I enjoyed your writing style, even if it seemed like a test ;)

Pioneer

You definitely seem like an 8w7 to me, based on what you wrote. I relate to alot of it, I've learned to open up and be vulnerable around certain people though, at least when I am certain they are benign/well meaning. But it still isn't simple, especially when it comes to romance I find.

I could see 3 in the fix, but you come across more as an 8w7 based on your writing more than a 3w4.

Sforza

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
For 8, you're very sensitive to shielding yourself from vulnerability, and are protective of your space in an assertive way. You want to be in charge, and would rather act than wait. You're definitely not a 9, and I think 8 rather than 1 for your gut because you emphasize the control and action/protection of yourself aspect rather than the I must do what's Right motivation a 1 would have.

I did also see a lot of 7, so I think 3w4 7w? 8w7 could also be likely.

I enjoyed your writing style, even if it seemed like a test ;)

I agree with your opening sentence, I don't think I seek control in all instances, I do it whenever I deeply care about something. For instance when working on a project, I'd only seek control when I know my direction will be more successful than whoever is trying to steer the ship. If however, I think that the person is good enough, or excellent I'll mind my own segment of the project without interfering in the overall direction. I'm rarely blunt or forceful w my language, unless it's someone I'm well acquainted with. I do have an idealized and polished version of myself that I show to the public, this slips away the more I get to know the person, when I'm assured that they accept me for who I genuinely am.

I noticed that I have an absolute blast when people crack jokes based on the sides of myself that I want to emphasize, it's almost like they're reaffirming the vision of myself which I've built is working.

So why the uncertainty between 7w6 vs 7w8?

Thank you, I seem to be a black hole which lures in all INFPs :happy2:

Sforza

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
You definitely seem like an 8w7 to me, based on what you wrote. I relate to alot of it, I've learned to open up and be vulnerable around certain people though, at least when I am certain they are benign/well meaning. But it still isn't simple, especially when it comes to romance I find.

I could see 3 in the fix, but you come across more as an 8w7 based on your writing more than a 3w4.

When it comes to romance I am doomed to look for partners who I know I'll have the emotional upper hand over, not in a harmful or malicious way. Knowing that you're the subject of greater love in the relationship gives me grounds to trust the other person and emotionally open up after I know I'm in the lead of who carries more worth between us two.

This was unhealthier when I was younger and I had girlfriends who were more of followers than someone who I deeply loved. Of course I respected them for the sheer devotion but at the end of the day I knew that they were expendable in a way that if they'd left me I knew I could handle this loss without enduring much emotional pain. Do sevens dodge pain in this way?