User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    YMCA
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Default Enneagram Random Thought Thread

Post your random thoughts, questions, or whatevers about the enneagram here in this spectacular thread.
    Be e..x..c..e..l..l..e..n..t to each other.

I'm just wondering if anyone sees a good amount of influence from both possible wings in themselves
    Been thinking about this
    Likes Luminous, silverknightgothic liked this post

Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sun View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone sees a good amount of influence from both possible wings in themselves
    Been thinking about this
    It's not super uncommon, some people are a bit more balanced than others in that department and technically, you have bits of both wings within you regardless of type. I'm not anti-8 (though I seem to have a distinct enough preference to choose a type to work with), some people feel completely balanced, in theory at least balanced types exist.
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoxI | VLEF | FF Ti-Si SCPB |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

Enneagram
    gay sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sun View Post
    Been thinking about this
    I agree with RadicalDoubt that it's not really uncommon.

Personally, I think I am a type 6w5, but I see a good amount of influence from both possible wings. I'm definitely withdrawn and appear somewhat like a 5, and I think that the way I deal with anxiety is also closer to a 5 because I tend to partake in endless research about certain problems instead of going through the avoidance route. However, I relate to the idealism of type 7, as it is a part of the frustration triad, which I see a lot of myself in.
    low-key, no pressure
    just hang with me and my weather

Silent All These Years: My Private Blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Black Sun liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MovinOut View Post
    Maybe heart last? I guess I would have to figure out why you hated it most, though.
    Why do you relate shame to the heart fix? Seems it could just as easily be tied to gut.

Same. I don't think organization necessarily correlates to functions.
    Organization, at least what we observe, is a behavior and that is not a reliable basis for typing. Now the desire for organization, including what kind and in which contexts, is more telling.

I think this is Se / Ni? Because you were objective about what you saw, and then formed your own conclusion of it based on the objective sight.
    Again, recall that everyone uses every function, and similar courses of action can result from quite different functional combinations, depending on the person's goals and values, and circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    My own thoughts- I don't necessarily think artistry is necessarily E4 or a withdrawn triad thing, though looking into how it occurs and why, may shed some light into the motivations, which in turn can be tied to enneagram types. I can easily imagine artistic 3s and 7s (especially 7s).
    Exactly. Any type/fix can be artistic, differing in how and why they do it, what they get out of it, etc. This in fact is a good example of where stereotypes about S-types fail, namely that they lack imagination. ISFP is often called "the artist".

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    3) You mentioned that I am more likely 5 or 7 over 6. Can you give further explanation as to why, especially on the 7?
    This may not be properly rooted in theory, but I see both 5 and 7 as being more adventurous than 6, for lack of a better word. 5 adventures in the mental plane, the world of ideas; and 7 in the physical plane, the world of experience. By contrast, and I'm sure this is stereotyping, 6 seems more of a "homebody".

Of I would guess INTJ, I feel a bit weaker about that guess namely because you don't appear to be as Ni-ish as some Ni-doms (think Coriolis). You also strike me as having a better Se than inferior because you appear observant. I just think that you lean more toward the Ni-Se axis, actually.
    If you look just at the functions, many times they don't stack up for a person the way theory suggests they should. For instance, when I do a JCF test, I get Ni>Ne>Se>Si, though in theory as an INTJ, I should have Se>Ne. I suppose one could fault the test for not correctly discriminating between the function attitudes, or it could be that people are more complex than the theory can describe.

I don't know how to explain that, so I just gave Coriolis as an example. You vibe very differently from her, who I think is a strong Ni user.
    Yes, Earl Grey and I have sometimes been called out as similar, likely because we have some similarities in presentation. That is based on observed behavior, which is a poor basis for typing. We are in fact quite different once you dig beneath the surface.

I did say rigidity. I think it's too much of a stereotype. I was vibe-typing you in Discord so I'm not sure how seriously I would take that. There are many stereotypes of all my typology that I myself don't fit so it's ridiculous to expect you to fit through this one.
    You do indeed defy stereotypes, including some I listed above. But I will save comment on your type for your own thread, after I have had time to review all you have shared there.

That was more so of an observation than something in the thread. I guess observations about people is different than observations about surroundings, though.
    Yes, it matters what sorts of observations someone makes, and which subjects catch their eye to be observed.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

MBTI
    YMCA
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Being a 9:

I need internal balance.

Reality: But there's this external thing ... scale tips

Maybe if I just ruminate hard enough, I can mentally push the scale back into a balanced position.

Reality: Muahahahaaa! No! What you really have to do is the OPPOSITE of what you're inclined to do and let go of the rumination in order to get back to a state of balance.

*bangs head against wall*
    Be e..x..c..e..l..l..e..n..t to each other.
    Likes RadicalDoubt, Abcdenfp liked this post

Still don't feel like I have a suitable type anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think a lot of people dont understand enneagram 6 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think a lot of people dont understand enneagram 6 at all.
    Smh, a lot of times they practically mistake it for GAD or something...but perhaps you've observed something different that makes you think most don't get it, I don't know. May I ask what it is?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aerix View Post
    Smh, a lot of times they practically mistake it for GAD or something...but perhaps you've observed something different that makes you think most don't get it, I don't know. May I ask what it is?
    Like not understanding the difference between phobic and counterphibic, thinking 6s are all neurotic, perceived exaggeration of the characteristics etc
    Likes Enigma, fatgurl liked this post