• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Random Thought Thread

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
This is soooo type 9, and in a healthy way:

MBhIowM.png

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
A few days ago a friend of mine felt insulted when another friend called them 'special'. I don't know what their type is, but probably not a Four. *takes notes*

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do generally avoid overfocusing on 'universal human experiences' when typing people. Some people go the opposite way to ridiculous extremes- "You're angry? You can't possibly be a 9!" "You're selfish? You can't possibly be a 2!" anger, love, happiness, compassion- these are all universal human experiences. The motivation- why and how someone does it is the key differences between how one may approach say, fear, anger, or envy, over how someone else might do it.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What type wise explains why I often can be upbeat one moment and broody the next?

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
What type wise explains why I often can be upbeat one moment and broody the next?

I don't think this it type related. Since Enneagram is more about the 'why' XYZ. Every type can have moodswings, maybe some types are more prone to it but that's irrelevant.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not quite a random thought, but a stray comment,

"He's a withdrawn, he's a compliant, and this one's an expansive. An Enneagram 7. It's literally her job to charge in and talk people's ears off until they bend and cooperate. What were you expecting."

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The normative/attachment types (3, 6, and 9) get done so dirty in Enneagram descriptions. This is obvious, but still perplexing to me. You have to consciously select answers that make you seem inauthentic to test as a 3, needy and anxious to test as a 6, and a pushover to test as a 9 on most online tests. By contrast, "Have you ever read a book or had a deep thought? You must be an oh-so-smart 5." Fuck that shit.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I realize my knowledge of actual theory is a little weak. I need to start delving deep into some Enneagram literature. Any place I can get free PDFs?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The normative/attachment types (3, 6, and 9) get done so dirty in Enneagram descriptions. This is obvious, but still perplexing to me. You have to consciously select answers that make you seem inauthentic to test as a 3, needy and anxious to test as a 6, and a pushover to test as a 9 on most online tests. By contrast, "Have you ever read a book or had a deep thought? You must be an oh-so-smart 5." Fuck that shit.

It's the same silliness that gives me Es in MBTI tests that ask you how long you take to answer a phone call.

Also the same silliness that breeds the "Oh you're not a party animal? You can't be a 7," kind of nonsense.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's the same silliness that gives me Es in MBTI tests that ask you how long you take to answer a phone call.

Also the same silliness that breeds the "Oh you're not a party animal? You can't be a 7," kind of nonsense.

Yeah, like, I'm a 7-fix because I like distracting myself, not because I like to party (which I do, just with people I'm comfortable with lol).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't think enneagram was as bad as MBTI for this sort of thing. It's bad enough that so many people are sloppy and simplistic in their application of either theory. Worse to start off with a simplistic or flawed description of the theory. Much of this comes from an overreliance on observable behavior in determining or describing type. We need to dig deeper, whether to motivations (enneagram) or how people think and make decisions (MBTI). That's the difference between using these systems to improve our understanding of ourselves and others, and turning them into a parlor game.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Movies for enneatypes:

Type 4 - The Man Who Fell To Earth
Type 6 - Good Will Hunting
Type 9 - Spider-man 2

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 2 - Mary Poppins

- - - Updated - - -

Type 3 - Back to the Future or The Karate Kid

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type 7 - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Type 8 - Mad Max

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what drug and alcohol lady’s enneatype is

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rewatching FMA Brotherhood, I think Roy Mustang both dispels and reinforces some negative stereotypes about Te-dom 3s. But, he's one who uses his Ni and Fi in a healthy manner.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I still don't see myself as someone who has an actual Enneagram type. None of those things are really my defense mechanisms or issues anymore.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate those Fauvre card tests; the cards are so goddamn tacky and aesthetically nauseating to look at. Especially the positive triad cards.