• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] I found my type

Sonolil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
9w8

It took me 20 years.
I went from 1 to 4 to 5 to 9 to 6 and now that I look back I identfied with a lot of other type traits as well.
I went from being very skeptical about any type I choose to virtual ignorance for a long while.

But recently I knew because of my basic fears. I cannot not know it anymore.
And I witnessed myself falling into the unhealthy ranges- especially the lowest.

So what do you do now.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi there! Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you're no longer in the unhealthy ranges.

I'm pretty sure I'm a 9, too, and feel a bit similarly in that I can see some 9 things in my life now and can't unsee them, like how the tendency to ruminate can be so unhealthy, taking other people's goals/needs/wants as my own, getting stuck, refusing to move. Fortunately for me, I've been seeing a therapist who's already been helping me with some issues, particularly the ruminating, leading to anxiety. Things like doing breathing exercises, forcing myself to practice more rational arguments against worries, being mindful of the current moment, assertive communication as opposed to being passive or passive aggressive, and clarifying my own needs have been very helpful, as well as thinking about boundaries.

I'm hoping to use the enneagram to improve my health and would also like more recommendations.

Perhaps you'll find this helpful
Personality Type Nine: The Peacemaker
The Easygoing, Phlegmatic Type
I now release...

not taking an active interest in my own life.
turning away from whatever is umpleasant or difficult.
feeling that there is nothing I can do to improve my life.
being numb and emotionally unavailable.
refusing to see my own aggressions.
ignoring problems until they become overwhelming.
all dependency and fear of being on my own.
all wishful thinking and giving up too soon.
neglecting myself and my own legitimate needs.
seeking quick, easy "solutions" to my problems.
feeling threatened by significant changes in my life.
losing myself in comforting habits and routines.
feeling that most things are just too much trouble.
all inattentiveness and forgetfulness.
going along with others to keep the peace.
living through others and not developing myself.

I now affirm...

that I am confident, strong, and independent.
that I develop my mind and think things through.
that I am awake and alert to the world around me.
that I am proud of myself and my abilities.
that I am steadfast and dependable in difficult times.
that I look deeply into myself without fear.
that I am excited about my future.
that I am a powerful, healing force in my world.
that I actively embrace all that life brings.
Don Richard Riso 4

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
God...I could write an entire thread on this. I'm just going to say....therapy. And one of the most liberating things I've ever done in my life is just...speaking up and having my own voice, asserting myself more. Throwing caution to the wind and not really giving a flying fuck about the consequences, just being true to myself anyways instead of tucking my tail between my legs and lowering my head and putting tape over my mouth and putting myself in chains (not in the kinky way) and you get the point.

Seriously though...therapy. Sometimes "9" can be remnants of trauma or even disorder symptoms (particularly the "having no self" bit, fear of loss, chameleon mode...). If you don't have trauma like that then you obviously have nothing to worry about but I thought it was worth mentioning since that was how I first started recognizing mine.

Still therapy.

Look at it like this, if you can lose someone just by having a voice...do you really need or want them around?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I'll consider it.
Ultimately, the other reason I'm suggesting therapy is...if you're really seeing yourself on the low end of the health levels no one here is going to be equipped to actually help you and neither is some book. It's a categorization system but a very poor self-help guide, notice there aren't many resources that delve into guiding people back to healthier levels.