• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] STACKEMUP TYPOLOGY (ENNEAGRAM-SIDE) VS. R & H

Tomb1

In looking at the hardrive for the inner logic of each enneagram type, Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side) identifies the hard-drives as core distortions. R & H identifies the hard-drives as fear motives.

Stackemup Typology: Distortions
R & H: Fear
(Naranjo: Passions/vices)

In my core primer for all the gestalts, Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-side) laid out the core distortions for all nine enneagram types (nobody before had been able to do so):

Type 2: "I"m not capable of validating myself."
Type 3: "I am a superior being."
Type 4: "I am an ugly duckling; defective."
Type 5: "There's a gulf/separation between my mind and the physical world around me."
Type 6: "the world is a dangerous place."
Type 7: "God is against me. I am against God."
Type 8: "Might makes right."
Type 9: This point on the enneagram has no in-built distortion; the core approach is vacillation
Type 1: "somebody must be punished for the world's imperfections and flaws."

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

CANON NUMBER 1 OF TYPOLOGICAL CONSTRUCTION: YOU CANNOT HAVE TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITY STYLES WITH THE SAME CORE DISTORTION.

My approach is clearly the correct one.

R & H's descriptions in PTypes entangles multiple types into single types and represents every type as driven by fear. fear of failure (threes) fear of losing support (six) fear of, fear of....Essentially, R & H took Naranjo's Six and turned that into all nine of their enneagram types. That's the flaw in R & H's system and its a major one. For example, the R & H's three is driven by a fear of failure. So the average to below average levels of health are predicated upon the 3's contraphobic reaction to its fear of failure, until finally, it either succumbs to its fear of failure in the lowest levels or gets out of its fear loopp in the highest levels. This is the pattern for every type in R & H. THAT MAKES EVERY TYPE IN R & H A SIX...that's the major flaw in R & H's approach. R & H is fundamentally incapable of conceiving of personality type as having any other root but fear.

R & H also sold the enneagram out when they endorsed the Fauvre's Tritype which is patronizing towards people who actually suffer from multiple personality disorder. Right, because it's a foregone conclusion that three different personality types cannot co-exist in the same person unless that person suffers from multiple personality disorder. Mountains of research already show that this doesn't happen absent extraordinary sexual and/or physical abuse in childhood. Until the fauvres can come forward with evidence to contradict that, the chance that everybody on the planet has multiple personality disorder is extremely low.

Just to drive the point home I can back my approach up with a 2500+ exemplars breakdown. Neither R & H nor Naranjo presented any type of systematic breakdown for every type wing and stack. If they don't have a vision for every type wing and stack, the rest is window dressing. I've also got the only valid VI typing model for all stackings. I'm beating the hell out of them in terms of substance.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone is broken. I think not.

Well, that's kinda' the point of Enneagram, isn't it? I'm not saying it's right, just that the theory revolves around it. It also gives you plenty of space to self improvement and growth and directs you towards it.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 7: "God is against me. I am against God."

:dry:

So is this going to be a pay per view? Boxing? Ultimate fighting? Wrestling? Ooooh, maybe a ladder match?

Amberiat

Infinity
My approach is clearly the correct one.
I've also got the only valid VI typing model for all stackings. I'm beating the hell out of them in terms of substance.

giphy.gif

Tomb1

If you disagree with Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-Side)'s approach, please produce a 2500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack for prequalification to disagree. If your breakdown is half-way decent (though there's none except mine which is valid), I will give your point serious consideration. Otherwise a house without a foundation is deemed a castle in the sky.

Tell you what, as a running special, I am willing to lower the price of admission to just a decent 1500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack.

In other words, back your disagreement up with substance so that everybody knows that your disagreement isn't just based on false pride (or something hollow like that).

Okay okay, I'll do even one better, if you don't have your own list, please email whichever author you wish to advocate for (R & H, Fauvres, Naranjo, Palmer) and tell 'em to send you over their 2500+ exemplar breakdown for every type wing and stack, give or take 500+ exemplars.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see why anyone takes these narcissistic ramblings from Tomb seriously.

Tomb1

In Stackemup Typology (enneagram-side), fear is only part of the trait structure for type six. For R & H, fear is part of the trait/psychic structure of every type. R & H's position is absurd. Furthermore, R & H entangles multiple types into single types. Real quick, I'll own R & H on its description of type 3.

Let's turn to R & H's core primer for Type 3 found on the enneagraminstitute.com site:

Basic Fear: Of being worthless
Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"
Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.

In R & H, the fear "of being worthless" drives threes to "make sure their lives are a success." According to R & H, "[Threes] want success because they are afraid of disappearing into a chasm of emptiness and worthlessness: without the increased attention and feeling of accomplishment which success usually brings, Threes fear that they are nobody and have no value."

R & H has the enneatype all wrong. FEAR IS NOT AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE TRAIT/PSYCHIC STRUCTURE OF THE TYPE THREE PERSONALITY STYLE.
R & H has simply described a six whose central fear trait has been sublimated into/engulfed by issues regarding success-failure.

Let's turn to Stackemup Typology (Enneagram)'s core primer for Type 3:

Type 3: The Self-Confident Gestalt.
Core Strategy: Outshining others
Core Distortion: “I am a superior being.”
Area of fixation: Expansion/Fantasy
Core Action Set: putting others on notice that they are a superior being and admiration their due, that others need to be rolling out the red carpet for them.
DSM Correlate: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Core Trap: Weaving together new fantastic rationales for their circumstances in order to recast themselves as the star.
Core Vulnerability: disdain from others
2 wingers are hyper-competitive, bragging, skilled at gamesmanship, and political (they know how to work and motivate people).
4 wingers are poised, calculating, efficient and oriented towards outward self-improvement.

In Stackemup Typology, the distortion of "I am a Superior Being" drives the three to "seek out the admiration that they believe others owe them."

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More
Stackemup Enneagram Description For Enneatype III

Fear is no way intricate to the trait/psychic structure because 3s are not working out of a distortion that "the world is a dangerous place"(like type 6).

R & H's type 3 description also entangles multiple types. I've already demonstrated the entanglement of type six into that type and all of R & H's types.

But R & H also cannot provide a sufficient explanation for R & H's type 3 arrogance. Given that R & H's three is "pursuing the values that others reward," there's no logical explanation for how the type ends up as the most arrogant type in R & H's enneagram! The assertion of a causal relationship between these two phenomenon is nothing short of fantastical. Arrogance and contempt for others is clearly type 3, but "pursuing the values that others reward" gets into type 9. R & H tries to fill in this description hole with a pop-throwaway that "arrogance and contempt for others is a defense against feeling jealous of others and their success" but that's just a Red Herring. You could just as easily say that every type experiences arrogance and contempt for those who appear to have what they want.

In Stackemup Typology (Enneagram-Side), the 3's arrogance arises out of "their own cocksure belief of their superiority." Unlike R & H's description for type 3, Arrogance in the Stackemup 3 follows logically from the Stackemup 3's core distortion that "I am a superior being," as follows:

Three are cocky. The admiration they receive through success cements their own cocksure belief of their superiority. They start to give others the impression that it's a pleasure to do business with the three as if others ought to be willing to take less just to have that luxury. Their former self-confidence is replaced by arrogance. They have begun to rationalize their failures. They spend a lot of time making their failures seem like successes.

My description makes sense....it just has a ring of truth to it. R & H's description for type 3 sloppily combines E6 (fear trait), E3 (Arrogance), and E9 (merging with others' agenda) into one type description.

Tomb1

Let's turn to R & H's core primer for Type 2 found on the enneagraminstitute.com site:

Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
Basic Desire: To feel loved
Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess"

In R & H, the fear "of being unwanted, unworthy of love" drives twos to "going out of their way for others" and "always putting others first." According to R & H, twos behavior is grounded in an underlying "fear of worthlessness."

R & H has the enneatype all wrong. FEAR IS NOT AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE TRAIT/PSYCHIC STRUCTURE OF THE TYPE TWO PERSONALITY STYLE.
R & H has simply described a six whose central fear trait has been sublimated into/engulfed by issues regarding love and worth.

Let's turn to Stackemup Typology (Enneagram)'s core primer for Type 2:

Type 2: The Seductive Gestalt
Core Strategy: Winning people over
Core Distortion: “I am not capable of validating myself.”
Area of fixation: Manipulation
Core Action Set: adapting themselves to others in the anticipation that they will be rejected if they do not and approaching interpersonal relations through “maneuvers.”
DSM Correlate: Histrionic Personality Disorder
Core trap: encroaching on people’s boundaries and trying to coerce them into doing things that will make the two feel validated.
Core Vulnerability: Rejection; indifference.
1 wingers are altruistic, serious, argumentative and often outspoken. 3 wingers are charming, fickle, and clingy.

In Stackemup Typology (enneagram-side), the distortion that "I am not capable of validating myself" drives the twos to "adapt themselves to others in the anticipation that they will be rejected and approach interpersonal relations through 'maneuvers'....designed to elicit love, attention and approval."

Fear is no way intricate to the trait/psychic structure because 2s are not working out of a distortion that "the world is a dangerous place" (like type 6).

Stackemup Typology is the first of the enneagram schools of thought to account for each type through distortions (as well as the first of the enneagram schools of thought to type enneagram styles by gestalt). When I say first that also includes a comprehensive elaboration on both the distortions for each enneagram type and the gestalt for each enneagram type.

a plethora of type 2 examples:

Type Exemplars (Youtube Included) - Stackemup Typology — LiveJournal

See my type two description below:

"Twos are sociable, energetic and friendly people who strive to be loved and approved of. They want to be needed and seen as indispensable in the lives of others. They have given up on their desire for mirroring because it wasn't given to them in childhood. So they seek love by giving others the mirroring that they were deprived of. Twos aren't wired to compromise/negotiate/bargain with the world in order to do so, though, but attempt to seductively maneuver others into a spot of dependence, maintaining themselves in the willful position.

Twos are other-directed. They are unable to approve of themselves internally therefore approval and validation has to be bestowed upon them by others. As a result, Twos turn their attention outwards and have difficulty forming an identity that is separate from other people. This “other-directed tendency” makes Twos vulnerable to the dispositions of other people but also gives them sensitivity for the thoughts and feelings of..."

Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype II