• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How do you visualize your type?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, this is going to be some offshoot strangeness which I actually considered posting in fluff instead, but I had the strangest thought.
I wonder if people 'visualize' their types, for example that certain types have colour, or if the 'type' governs different parts of their body. (My head type is in my eyes, my gut type is on my back and in my hands). I think sp feels like a bonfire (now you know why I like bonfire pictures), and soc like fluffy clouds on a sunny day.

Silly questions incoming:

1) What type are you? (core type, tritype, variants?)
2) Are you an MBTI Intuitive or Sensor, and Thinker or Feeler?
3) Where and/or how do you 'feel' or 'see' your types?
4) Do you 'see' it in others, too?
(say, if INTJs or E4 are 'red' to you, do INTJ-like / E4-like individuals seem 'red' too?)
5) Am I just weird?

There's no theory behind this (that I know of), this is just borderline free fluff and personal interpretations, so fire away.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
4w5, 459, sp/sx
INFJ
I don't see a lot of my types. I did once have a friend who was a 4. We met at a talent show; she recruited me to speak at a conference, in the art workshop.
Fours are easy to pick out.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9, 5w4, 4w5 sp/so

I don't really visualize anything but vibes of traits I associate with types, which in my minds eye is like a nebula of memories I try to turn into a tangible explanation.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Conceiving of the Instinctual Variants as elements lends insight into the nature of their various processes and styles of movement:

sp = earth / matter
sx = water / fire, (higher vibrations) ice / electricity
so = fresh air, wind & sunlight

Instinctual Variants * EnneaSite

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
51a10589aed3f7ded9987634468d1046.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I associate colors with letters, numbers, and words, so the type names all have colors (INTJ = black, ESTP - orangy/red, etc.) but not so much with the reality of the types. In other words, if I meet a person who seems to embody a given type, they don't have such associations to me.

I do associate the 4 functions with the 4 classical elements. Also, sp to me is either stone - solid, sturdy, foundational, safe. It is sx that is fire - extremely valuable, but dangerous unless closely controlled. Soc is like pollen or fluffy plant matter blowing around.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oops, I think I misunderstood what this thread was about.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might see E4 as intense early night sky like indigo or electric blue, but it can be other colors in other people. I feel it in my core around my stomach and heart with a sense of anxiety, loneliness, and amazement. I feel those same things looking at the night sky. There is also an out of place feeling like a boulder about to roll down a mountain that never does, or a tree that is about to fall over, but never does. I feel that slight off-balance combined with inspiration in others.

ISFP feels more like the light blue sky and golden sun or the ocean with white seashells and golden to multicolored sparkles on the waves. It feels like a rush of salty wind off the ocean waters.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4 is definitely red to me but since this is super subjective my perception may be biased by personal trauma
but then again, 4 is shown as "woundedness" like they describe the sx 4 as "doubly vulnerable" or something like that in the sense of sx+wounds.
SX 4: Double nudity, open hole, bruised and exposed
https://www.enneagrammer.com/the-three-instincts

8 is like orange red-ish
sx is blood, wounding (I know people will see SP here because of...idk that's how that instinct is normally described, and im sure SP plays some role here in that my psychological integrity has been threatened I have been "wounded," but yet again addiction (sx) taken to the extreme is no longer pleasurable, it's painful. Plus the sx4 thing I mentioned earlier. Also David Gray I believe on some forum, the one that has been closed down, wrote about sx imagery as being about "blood" with sx/so being bright red blood and sx/sp being thicker, congealing blood. I like that a lot)

sp/sx personally I am very confused by the "lesions," gross...thing(?) being related to this stacking, a little confused, not sure why sp combined with sx has to be "dirty"; I never view sx as dirty
but then again I am not sp/sx so im not sure how they experience their own stacking
I guess social last can, at an extreme, manifest as...um off-putting "creepy" behavior. that's the only thing I can think of that might partly explain that, but that's an extreme.
sp/sx seems shrouded, protective, soothing to me.

so/sx sunshine, sx with high so can also give similar vibes

sx/so is heavier, even in a type that does not use force (EII), it's kind of...like a lot of energy directed outwards to the point it might be "dizzyingly bright" too much to take maybe, way more energy at one time than so/sx which is softer.

I like the feel of sx/sp too

2 like a pretty bright red, pinkish
that's all I can think of for now haha

EDIT: type stuff
1) What type are you? (core type, tritype, variants?) 4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so
NF
3) Where and/or how do you 'feel' or 'see' your types? answered
(say, if INTJs or E4 are 'red' to you, do INTJ-like / E4-like individuals seem 'red' too?) answered

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am an INTP 6w5 1w9 3w4 sp/so, at least in theory.

I've mentioned it before, but I do tend to see the types as colors. Each of them also has a sort of "feeling" to me that's difficult to describe, sort of like a vibe, that tends to come with a visual image when I actually think of the types or interact with a person who has them. The different sort of feelings tend to overlap person to person to, so each type combination sort of yields a different image and feel like every person yields a different story or personality. The whole bodily thing you got going on there sounds interesting, I don't really have that, but it sounds quite interesting. I don't connect to my types enough to feel that I don't think.

With my types in particular.... INTP is like a dark forest green, with each of the functions on their own being a different color. If you're curious about the colors I see the enneagram, just look at my signature. I tried to make them close equivalents, excluding iv. Sp is probably closer to a cobalt than what I've put there. I sort of envision a cup of tea with little bits of "smoke" coming from it. It's warm, it's comfortable, but kind of dull and monotone (not the tea itself but like, the color... Sp leans towards cobalt/grey anyways for me so...) Soc I think of big smiles, bright and speckled colors, perhaps paint splatters. People in their late teens or early 20s I guess. Sx is like blood dripping I suppose, peculiarly warm in your hands. Also sort of like a red haze that engulfs your sight, one that sort of sparkles like dust.

As I've alluded, other types give me these visuals too. Some fun examples is the 4x9 tritypes, each which connect to one another through a beach landscape. 479 is the beach itself, palm trees, tropical birds, bright colors, but dulled by the morning. 469 is where the tide meets the beach, purple, foggy, a back and forth between the real world and the depths of the ocean. 459 is the ocean, black and swirling with neon fish and plant life, which illuminates the murky darkness.

I sound fucking dumb writing this, I don't really get why I do this. I tend to have pretty detailed visuals for people's personalities in general though, even outside typology. Sometimes they match, sometimes they don't.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sound fucking dumb writing this, I don't really get why I do this. I tend to have pretty detailed visuals for people's personalities in general though, even outside typology. Sometimes they match, sometimes they don't.

(no, these kinds of responses are exactly what I'm looking for, just like Ravenetta's and Venus Rose's and a bunch others)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intp 9w1 5w4 4w5 sx/sp

i just think of patterns in behavior... seeing my type in people i have recently met is like guessing what the weather will do in a place i have never visited... i just keep in mind what i've seen in the past and try to fit what i am seeing currently into it... actually, that really isn't the best example... maybe it is more like watching a movie and looking for signs that can help you determine how the plot will turn out... still a pattern seeking thing based on prior experience...

the number of people that react to things as i do appears to be very low, but maybe they are just tired of dealing with people and stay home like i do these days... i can't recall the last time i met someone like me, but it seems very rare outside of my immeadiate family...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
1) What type are you? (core type, tritype, variants?)
Withheld.

Intuitive feeler with high intuitive thinking abilities.

3) Where and/or how do you 'feel' or 'see' your types?
I am not a synesthete so I do not associate colors with concepts or have other significant crossovers of senses. A lot of my thinking is in fact visual, or even sensory but in an internal way (this is hard for me to explain but I will try for the next question).

Seeing bits of myself in others is extremely natural for me. Actually, that is not the best way to phrase it. Rather, I am equipped with a magnetic radar device which constantly runs in the background of my programming, pinging in silence with no particular direction or aim, waiting to hear something reflected back at me. This is not an active process at all, and it is without fanfare, as in I keep these pings to myself. It does however determine whom I am drawn to and if I had to assign a visual to it, I would describe it as almost a wispy umbilical cord (which can come from within the body as opposed to the navel but metaphysically speaking). There are many of these wispy cords and they span in different directions and are not constricted by the construct of time. They attach to different "parts" of me and different "parts" of others and signify a kindredness in spirit, more often touching on something painful or resilient than, say, something lighter and fluffier. The more wispy tethers there are, the more I am drawn toward the individual. Without them, I cannot bond with people, and in order to bond significantly, there needs to be several, perhaps too many to count. It is not like I can count them anyway... they are not concretely identifiable but rather felt internally. It is almost as if abstractions are internally tangible but still cannot be named or even identified in imagery.

While it is not difficult for me to find one or two "wispies" with most people, it is rather uncommon for me to find enough in one person to provoke me to move toward them in a meaningful manner. I like to think that the others that do possess several strings can silently sense the connection, and I think this is the case with the handful or so of people that I feel connected to (most of them here on forum). I also like to think that those who do not have many tethers can sense that too, although personal experiences have often indicated otherwise (sometimes I find out that people had higher social expectations of me and I can be rather blindsided by that, and then repelled, with little to no control over that reaction).

As far as type goes, oftentimes these bonded others do have typological similarities to me (actually, they always do). There is a "group" of people who are united in the sense that they are subsurface and self-contained as such (several typological qualifiers exist within this group). It is an ironic connection that develops from disconnection, and as such, there are no requirements or rituals for the "members". These people know who they are and they know who the others are, but no one talks about it because it isn't necessary. In fact, it is necessary to not discuss it.

I guess it's the first rule about Fight Club.