User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 53

  1. #41
    👻 Ⓑ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 👻 👻 Luminous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    6,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie man View Post
    You can make a thread on it if you want, though I don't see the relevance of your question to my post. My intent was to discuss why Sx 4 is often a mistype magnet - and I believe the greatest source of this stems from mistyped Enneagram authors and teachers.
    Okay. I just wondered since you included photos of the teachers in your post.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

  2. #42
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie man View Post
    You can make a thread on it if you want, though I don't see the relevance of your question to my post. My intent was to discuss why Sx 4 is often a mistype magnet - and I believe the greatest source of this stems from mistyped Enneagram authors and teachers.
    Don't come to my thread and tell my friend how she should interact in it.

    As for your commentary on the self-typing of the pros... yes, I do think there is rampant error, although I'm not agreeing with your analyses specifically.

    David Fauvre is annoying af to me. He appears like a style-less sexual-blind 4, but I find him so boring that I haven't taken the time to truly analyze him. In fact, I'm generally unimpressed with the Fauvres about half the time, particularly their own analyses of others.

    With that said, the last thing I would ever want to do is pretend that I am more experienced and insightful than someone who has dedicated 20 years of "research" to the field (the quotes are obligatory although I'm not intending to be overly patronizing).

    I don't think that the mistyping of pros themselves is contributing tremendously to the rampant mistyping of sexual 4. Rather, I think there are an awful lot of armchair professionals who barely qualify as hobbyists and don't know how to mine information from reliable sources. Pop-cultural sites, podcasts, YouTube channels, etc. Type 4 as a whole is fantastically glorified to a point where it's been mutated enough to make an actual 4 envious.
    Perpetual mood


    "It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."


    Philip Trussell


  3. #43
    Da Voodoo Boogie man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI Ti
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Don't come to my thread and tell my friend how she should interact in it.
    You see what you wish to see. What transpired is not how you say it did. A suggestion was made, not a command.

  4. #44
    Da Voodoo Boogie man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI Ti
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    As for your commentary on the self-typing of the pros... yes, I do think there is rampant error, although I'm not agreeing with your analyses specifically.

    David Fauvre is annoying af to me. He appears like a style-less sexual-blind 4, but I find him so boring that I haven't taken the time to truly analyze him. In fact, I'm generally unimpressed with the Fauvres about half the time, particularly their own analyses of others.

    With that said, the last thing I would ever want to do is pretend that I am more experienced and insightful than someone who has dedicated 20 years of "research" to the field (the quotes are obligatory although I'm not intending to be overly patronizing).

    I don't think that the mistyping of pros themselves is contributing tremendously to the rampant mistyping of sexual 4. Rather, I think there are an awful lot of armchair professionals who barely qualify as hobbyists and don't know how to mine information from reliable sources. Pop-cultural sites, podcasts, YouTube channels, etc. Type 4 as a whole is fantastically glorified to a point where it's been mutated enough to make an actual 4 envious.
    If the roots are rotten, the tree will not bear any good fruit.

    I prefer to lay a greater blame to those who carry the greater responsibility.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    A lot of them are either depressed or are 2s integrated to a four or 1 disintegrated to a 4 or enneagram 9s
    Do as you please we are as gods

  6. #46
    Moderator Yuurei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    4,179

    Default

    The a lot of stereotyping and short hand in personality typing ( But you know that)

    This one is probably based on the "Crazy Ex".
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

    " I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

  7. #47
    👻 Ⓑ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 👻 👻 Luminous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    6,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    I think there is a huge issue with people thinking they have someone "pegged" as if they are able to "see through them" or something but in my experience it's sometimes (often?) arrogance. Or that is how it appears to me due to the befuddling nature of the whole "I can see through you" when the other person is being genuine and being misunderstood.

    I have seen for instance the debate over sx or whatever rile so many people up, several of which are likely actual sx types, and they have completely valid points, but seemingly the reality of that is ignored for...idk, someone's own personal version of reality.

    So yes, I am inherently skeptical of the claim that someone(s) know what is "right and correct" and people seemingly just are too unaware of themselves.

    I disagree with that, I see a lot of issues with that, so I cannot really answer the question itself since I don't know if there really is a base for it.

    The sx 4s I have known were sx 4s. Not that that didn't stop people from questioning it though. Or their stacking.
    I think it's not an issue (or not as much an issue) of people not knowing themselves, but of people not knowing the enneagram well enough to accurately type themselves.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

  8. #48
    👻 Ⓑ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 👻 👻 Luminous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    6,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    The reason(s) mentioned were something about mistyping as 4 due to thinking they are different.

    Now, there are several ways to see this, and to me it looks like the other person claiming X person does not know the enneagram might actually be wrong because this person can actually deeply resonate with the 4 archetype but it's possible due to online communication the full depth of what they are communicating is not being appreciated.

    Does not necessarily mean "they don't know they enneagram" or that they don't know themselves (and I mean for instance in the example I used there is definitely this indication they don't know themselves, or haven't looked into themselves, very "deeply")
    And there are plenty of tests and sites that basically say if you have deep emotions then you're a 4. That doesn't mean those sites are right. It's a reason that people may mistype themselves and overlook the specific 4sx descriptions that say they are jealous, angry, etc.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes Yuurei liked this post

  9. #49
    darkened dreams Ravenetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,384

    Default

    If one cares absolutely about originality, then what is there to compete with? Competition requires sameness with the external world for comparison. The best competitions are those where people are trying to be or do exactly the same thing and one does it clearly better like a long jump. "I jumped 4 feet, well I jumped 5". The second person is better and wins the competition. So, you can say that two people could compete about who can write the weirdest songs, but then there is an external measure again. Yes, they may both achieve "weird" because it is different from a larger norm, but the moment they start competing they are at least unoriginal to the extent of their sameness to each other - being copy cats. The meme of comparing "apples and oranges" is the entire foundation of originality. Maybe people who write enneagram description don't even understand everything about humanity. Maybe some descriptions are wrong or constructed poorly with inner incompatible notions like the one described here.

    There are a lot of complex dichotomies in Sx4 like autonomy and originality and also the attachments of Sx-dom. Perhaps the above falls into that same principle. When there are inner conflicting dichotomies, generalizations become even more problematic because people organize those inconsistencies in different ways to make sense of their own selves and their realities. The dichotomy of autonomy and attachment is one that makes a lot of sense inside my own self, because it has to do with a shared, reflected sense of reality where uniqueness exists in part from its perception in the eyes of another.

    The descriptions of 4s are embarrassing to me which I why I avoided it for a while because I hide most of those flaws, but I also don't think some stranger out there can write a theory that defines me, so I don't worry about it that much because it's absurd to think they could. Sometimes I'm right and theory is wrong.
    bunny omi

    Likes The Cat liked this post

  10. #50
    👻 Ⓑ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 Ⓞ 👻 👻 👻 Luminous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    6,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    interesting, could you link me those? .
    Yes, I do sincerely think you are more knowledgeable about enneagram than many people.

    Enneagram Test - Tritype with Wings

    Enneagram Dimensions

    TrueSelf App

    https://sakinorva.net/test/rheti

    Hurley/Dobson Enneagram Test

    https://www.idrlabs.com/enneagram/test.php

    Above are some of the tests that told me I'm a 4.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes Yuurei liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
  2. Why do people type me as xSFJ?
    By DreamBeliever in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
  4. Why do people have a problem with people mistyping themselves?
    By greenfairy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
  5. Why do people get offended when you add salt/pepper?
    By Rainne in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO