• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram question

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
so you find it accurate?
hmm i think i struggle coz its so...abstract? not really the world i am after...but along those words anyway...vague i guess...

that and i like jung personality tyype coz it seems to unlock more about the inter-relatiionships between types, whereas Enneagrams are either inaccurate...or telling me what i already know about myself...if that makes sense...

hmm...maybe that is an ENTJ thing...we are supposed to have great assurance of self...who knows...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
so you find it accurate?
hmm i think i struggle coz its so...abstract? not really the world i am after...but along those words anyway...vague i guess...

that and i like jung personality tyype coz it seems to unlock more about the inter-relatiionships between types, whereas Enneagrams are either inaccurate...or telling me what i already know about myself...if that makes sense...

hmm...maybe that is an ENTJ thing...we are supposed to have great assurance of self...who knows...
I agree completely. I felt the same way at first.
It does have a value though.
I prefer MBTT/Jung also.
It is supremely useful,
the the enne does serve some purpose.
But as was said earlier, the site I posted is the best one to go to to get the full spectrum of understanding of the enne.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
ok
i will def. have to check it out further.

i was tempted to just walk away, but i think curiosity will prevail in this case, and i will continue with it until i understand it further.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
*le sigh* i couldn't agree with you more.

i understand the 'principle' that is Enneagram, i just lack the insight into what it actually 'DOES' for ones information...it seems, if not to re-affirm the already trusted Jung test, to just confuse one with a series of numbers and pointless information that makes the principle sound great, but really get someone nowhere!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Let me help you out.
I am a cold heartless INTJ, or at least that's what "they say".
Yet I am very expressive with my feelings.
If you see me at a baseball game or at a concert making a fool of myself,
you might think I am an ESFP.
And then there's that whole soft gooshy inside
dreaming of finding the man of my dreams since I was 14 years old,
or having a soft spot for hurting people.
Where in the world does THAT come from?!
INTJs aren't supposed to behave like that!
Well, the enneagram four explains why I was/am like that.

If your insides and your outsides match up,
maybe it doesn't matter,
but if you meet someone who you can't figure out,
their enneagram probably explains it.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
HAHAHAHA

I AM ENTJ...CHARACTERISED BY THE FACT THAT WE ARE SO SELF-ASSURED THAT ITS NOT FUNNY!

i must say Enneagrams may have merit for other types...INFJ especially...

however in my case, i think it is too vague and quite pointless in my situation...

hmmm...i just haven't seen the proof of the pudding so to speak...whereas jung was one of those things that were just like 'oh yeaaaa...thats what that is..!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Whatever.

I used to be self-assured, too.
Actually, I was sort of extremely bold and extremely afraid all at once.
I used to act out my boldness a lot more than I do now.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
:)

hmmm...i'm sorry...i shouldn't be so judgmental of something that i don't understand (yet)

thank you for your help, i haven't given up just yet.

i just think it will take more time, more reading, for me to be able to fully get into the swing of Enneagrams.

:)

(*sigh* feel proud...its not easy for me to be so nice about these things :p)

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
haha, im glad,

gah, it gets very frustrating at times, coz i don't mean to be so...judging...but sheesh...when something sets me off...lol...well...

...lets just say, Enneagrams have felt very little of my wrath :p