• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Help me Typologists. An INFP trying to figure out It's full Enneagram chart

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have posted the same thread in Personality Cafe already. However unfortunately, I havent received much clue about my full enneagram.

I've finaly after 2 years I figured out my MBTI type which is INFP (Though, I'm still open to people correcting my MBTI personality). However, I figured out there is Enneagram, which I thought would be great and awesome to expand it on that, so that I could finaly get my full personality chart.

I only got clues that my closest Enneagrams could be either 3, 6, 7 or 8 with sx/sp as instinctuals variant. At first when being just new and not much informed about Enneagram, I thought that my Enneagram was 5w4. However, people told me that I dont seem like much of an widthdrawal type of person (It is quite true, I'm more assertive, impulsive and reactive), after getting a clue from other people by answering questionaires and taking quizes, I then started to think that I'm 6w7 8w9 3w4 sx/sp. However as always, I still think It's not correct.

Because of the extreme lack of help I receive from the users of PerC, I thought I'd post this thread in Typologycentral as well, where I think I could receive more help and finaly figure out my correct and full Enneagram (XwX XwX XwX sx/sp).

First off, I start with just posting/copying my questionnaires from PerC here:

And my second questionnaire:

And now, to post things about myself:

1. There are things in my personality that I consider to be Dark, not in a sense of "Look, I have a darkside!" but in a sense that I just wish those bad traits did not exist in me. I prefer not to share my terrible and ugly traits (It's too personal) as I wish not to humiliate myself.

2. I'm an Introvert, however I do prefer to have a circle of close people and I do not wish to end up completely lonely in life.

3. There are plenty or terrible things in this world ranging from crazy people and terrible stuff, I may start to get confrontational on things that I do not like or not going my way. However, I'm the type of person that "Sees the glass as half full", a.k.a look at the positive things in the world, I live my life to enjoy it, and always feel like It's lacking...

4. I incoherently dislike when people see me as "Bad" or question my motives as something "Not Good".

Tomb1

7w6 sx/sp

Type 7: the non-conforming/rebellious gestalt
7w6: the mercurial-rebellious gestalt

Here are more resources about type seven (7) to supplement the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack:

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

Stackemup Enneagram Description for Enneatype VII

Because of the extreme lack of help I receive from the users of PerC, I thought I'd post this thread in Typologycentral as well, where I think I could receive more help and finaly figure out my correct and full Enneagram (XwX XwX XwX sx/sp).

Tritype/fix points is fake enneagram. In the real enneagram, the head/heart/gut of a 7 all respond consistently to the inner logic of type 7. Your chief characteristic is subversion. That's the principle of unity upon which the inner logic of your temperament operates.

Its unfortunate the fauvres mainstreamed multiple personality disorder....as there are no more typologers left. But I'll take it as that makes me the last one. I disowned the Straightforward Path To Discovering Trifix... My 2500+ breakdown every type, wing and stack does not need/require/justify 7,000+ additional classifications.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personality Cafe is tough to get responders from, the enneagram typing section is pretty inactive. This thread in particular would have more luck in the "What's my type" section of this forum if you're looking for more responses.

I've read through a good portion of this. I don't really have time to elaborate at the moment (as I have a couple of finals to do; this is a procrastination attempt on my part), however I think you might be a double frustration type (7,1, and 4 are part of that group). You also come across as a reactive core (6, 4, and 8 are part of that group). I think that cp6w7 or 7w6 are probably very good candidates for your core type (although I'm leaning towards 6 purely because of your tonality). Sx/sp seems fine, if not sp/sx. For your fixes, I know you mentioned 8 and 3 but I think that 1 and 4w3 might actually work a little bit better. It's worth noting that the agressivess of 8 and sx1 sometimes resemble one another greatly, and I think that's the case here.

I'm going to come back to this and give you a better explaination later this week if no one else does (Friday probably, Tuesday night at latest hopefully), especially since my assessment is pretty different than how you currently type yourself, At the moment, my guess is cp6w7 4w3 1w? sx/sp

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CP6...

What does "CP" mean? I'm not really familiar with that abbreviature.

Anyway, since you are pointing out to post more info, there you go:

My general and personal quote is this:
"A flame symbolises life, our soul, an inner world where we are gods, you make sure that flame does not get extinguished."
The quote describes my constant lust to live my life to the fullest, describes that I am not "Empty" inside and that I have vast world inside me where I shape it however I do want it to be. And finaly the quote lastly tells that you should never let your spirit to experience life to dissapear.

And my life can be pretty much summarised/described with this winston's churchill quote (Not on National part though, I'm Russian-Israeli and I am using that WW2 quote as a simple description of my personal life in summary):
"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
Meaning that I went through many hard times and kudos I always overcame them and succeded through, I have optimistic views on life.

Also, I noticed many people are getting dramatic and describing that they have "Existential Crisis", whether it is how they are insect and completely powerless compared to the vast universe and other reasons such as "Oh how meaningless all of this is". I actualy dont worry about how much fragile and shortened I am compared to the Universe, I actualy embrace it and it energizes me with all that vast world available sitting there just to be discovered, regardless if I'm that "Meaningless Mortal Being", It's simple that I dont earn for purpose, I earn to enjoy the life, therefore never in my life I had "Existential crisis", I dont get how people are this negative.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps I would re-evaluate "INFP." Are there any other MBTI types you relate to?

As for instinct, you may not be SO last; but I am not getting a strong vibe since this is just one questionnaire. Instincts are easier to tell (and even quicker!) in person, in real life. But online can make it somewhat difficult.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure about the MBTI "INFP" part you are refering too, what other MBTI personalities types do you 'see' in me if I'm not an INFP?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=28390]Venus Rose[/MENTION]

... Ok, here are the other MBTI types I relate to sort off:

INFJ, ISFP, ISTP, INTJ. Maybe slightly ENFP, ESFP or ESTP...

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm also going to go with either 7w6 or 6w7 for core type. Possibly a 3 fix in tritype.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So whats the actual difference between 6w7 and 7w6?

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looking through the questions, I am actually wondering about 8 or 1 core for you. I don't understand social last suggestions, since given what you have said, you are very focused on social "norms" criticizing them, criticizing what "people do"; this is not social last. 6 could be a possibility but I am more so getting a sense of overt, strong, and unpretentious way of expressing yourself as well as a lot of anger. I would imagine 6s, even counterphobic, would still want to "not rock the boat too much" perhaps, and not jeopardize fitting in. Though 6 could, at the very least, be part of your tritype.

So 8, 1, and 6 are what I would give a look, for your core type, based on your answers here.

As for instincts, maybe these might help:
Eight Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.
(the stackings for other types are available through the links on the right).

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
CP6...

What does "CP" mean? I'm not really familiar with that abbreviature.
Counterphobic. It's the more aggressive 6 that works towards combating fear rather than submitting to it, although it tends to come off a bit more "traditionally" reactive and projecting than p6, superficially resembling 8s or more aggressive 1s.

I don't understand social last suggestions, since given what you have said, you are very focused on social "norms" criticizing them, criticizing what "people do"; this is not social last.
Actually you make a really decent point here, they might not be soc last because of this. I had taken it as the more aggressive morality of a Fi 1 fixer, but it could very well be soc. I was somewhat going more via tonality for IV and am fairly bad at picking up on sx, so that could be the difficulty.

If not soc last, it might be good to consider so/sp. It's a complete reversal, but it's actually very common for this type in particular to be mistaken as soc blind by itself or others, especially with types with a more counterphobic nature to them.

6 could be a possibility but I am more so getting a sense of overt, strong, and unpretentious way of expressing yourself as well as a lot of anger. I would imagine 6s, even counterphobic, would still want to "not rock the boat too much" perhaps, and not jeopardize fitting in. Though 6 could, at the very least, be part of your tritype.
You'd be surprised. Cp6s can almost resemble 8s in their disagreeableness. By nature, they tend to rock the boat in order to make sure that issues/concerns they think are important are addressed. As a counterphobic type, they tend to be more likely to overtly deny their attachment nature, (which indirectly leads them to succumb to it, though that's less important) They tend to take on sort of a "lone wolf/skeptic" persona, I believe it's because they tend to have a stronger connection to enneagram 3, particularly to the nature of "id types."

Nonetheless, the expression of anger is pretty strong in this. I had saw it as more reactive in nature, but then again it was overtly critical. If INFP is right, they don't seem to be a super typical version of one, so perhaps 1 could be another possibility. I'm not seeing 8 so much though.

*Note, I'm adding my actual analysis separately to avoid accidentally misquoting

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What? You are suggesting that my instinct is not sx/sp?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sx/sp, thats what I think I am but you guys seem to talk about that my instincts are 'so'

But anyway, I'm open for your interpretation/analysis of what my insticts are.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could you elaborate on why you chose to type as sx/sp?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont know, I think I have sx as instinct because I do care about my looks, to be this attractive guy with that little edgy and flirty clothing, and honestly my entire school life was alot, alot of flirting with girls and listened to "Masculine" music like Rock/metal or Electronic Rock that has that kind of a edgy elements, and because I was that horny guy, always had so much energy going in my eyes when I've seen a beautifull girl or experiencing being cool therefore sx/sp...

Also, because I was typed like this at first...

But as I said i'm open for your interpretations and opinions, I dont really like of being asked questions and getting the need to answer them rather than giving a helping hand on stuff I need to have.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont know, I think I have sx as instinct because I do care about my looks, to be this attractive guy with that little edgy and flirty clothing, and honestly my entire school life was alot, alot of flirting with girls and listened to "Masculine" music like Rock/metal or Electronic Rock that has that kind of a edgy elements, and because I was that horny guy, always had so much energy going in my eyes when I've seen a beautifull girl or experiencing being cool therefore sx/sp...
That's actually another issue I have with the description of sx as being about "focus on attraction, appearing attractive" etc. because I could literally see that applying to both SO and SP doms as well. In fact, I don't focus on my physical body/appearance much. I take basic care, but nothing more. On the other hand, several people, specially guys, seem to like and 'take pride' in their appearance, how attractive they are, how fit they are etc. and that is exactly how I read the SX description (the ones that focus on attraction and appearing attractive) at first and I know I am not like that, which is why I couldn't connect with it.

Context is important, and there is only so much I can tell online. It is still possible that you might be sx dominant, but given your phrasing and general focus around criticizing "the society," I wonder what you would think about so first or at least, secondary. SX can care about being attractive because they want to be good enough for their desired other; SO can care about being attractive because it brings them prestige, and they look good in the eyes of others. SP, because they feel like they are taking care of themselves and maintaining good health.

For what it's worth, you could take a look at this article for a primer on the instincts, and what being dominant in a certain instinct means:

Instincts and health levels:

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read it so far, I think that either so/sp or so/sx fits me (Leaning much more to so/sp). However, I want confirmation, it is correct? If so, does that also mean my Enneagram is also different (Not 6w7)?

I'm bad at romance, my times in middle school/high school tells me that. At middle school I was just really that horny and just always rushed to ask out the girl if she accepts, so then I can get the horny pleasure, in high school however really I just flirted with girls but never bothered to ask them out. Honestly, I'm glad they all rejected me, if one of them accepted, the so called "releationship" would probably end up horrible/unhealthy as hell, since I didn't cared for a genuine releationship with a girl. Ever since then, I always felt more comfortable being single without a girl.

Thats what so far, I think that my sx is actualy blind spot, and therefore I must be actualy so/sp, since I only driven by self-interests and to connect to the community, knowning that I'm a part of something popular.

Anyway, please. Can I finaly get full accurate analysis of my full Enneagram? I want to know whats your opinion of what my Enneagram number is (And the wing aswell) and if my depiction of my instincts is correct.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyway, please. Can I finaly get full accurate analysis of my full Enneagram? I want to know whats your opinion of what my Enneagram number is (And the wing aswell) and if my depiction of my instincts is correct.
I can get on board for so/sp for you. Really, it’s your type so it’s your decision. I am not sure what your enneagram type is, since I don’t know you very well, but your eagerness to have someone else decide that for you does make me wonder again about the 6 suggestions.

Unfortunately, this is not really someone else’s decision. It’s up to you.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, you questioned my type and asked me am I sure if I'm an INFP and asked me other types I related to.

I answered with either ISFP, ISTP, INFJ, INTJ and possibly even ESFP.

However, I just want to know what you are hinting into?