• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 7w6s and WORK SATISFACTION

Jiya

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Hi,

@my 7w6 TP folks. What job gives you satisfaction? What is your metric for happiness on the job? What job/role is a good fit for the 7w6?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Ladtthunderbird

Hello. Very interesting question. I was most happy with my first job as an interior designer in a company with minimal contol over my work and given lots of freedom. I enjoyed the varied different tasks like going to clients to take dimensions of their homes. Make plans, sell (short term projects with quick satisfaction and bonus), being admired as the authority, being creative. All changed when suddenly an older, male and conservative manager tried to controle me. This is the reason i quit the job. Since then i only had short term unsatisfactional jobs where i had problems with procrastination and lack of self esteem. I was fired many times and can not find a decent pleasant job in an organisation which appreciates my true talents. Very sad..

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I would find certain satisfaction in pretending that my job role was to serve the underprivileged workers and not actually helping the company make profit off my charges. I don't think you're supposed to enjoy work - you're just supposed to not hate it - people who say that you're supposed to are either very lucky or very privileged, or both.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Real talk, I'm going to try very hard to become an academic so that I can find some satisfaction in my future work. Unfortunately, one of my values is "having fun", which with my bloody 749 means "escaping from conflict-laden reality". I hear stories of academia -- apparently politics is present just like at any workplace. At this rate, I don't see anything realistic that I can actually do and enjoy, so I'll just settle for do.

Evelina

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Real talk, I'm going to try very hard to become an academic so that I can find some satisfaction in my future work. Unfortunately, one of my values is "having fun", which with my bloody 749 means "escaping from conflict-laden reality". I hear stories of academia -- apparently politics is present just like at any workplace. At this rate, I don't see anything realistic that I can actually do and enjoy, so I'll just settle for do.

Haha, I feel you. Not only is politics present but likely even more so than in most places of work. I never thought I'd be much of the academic type until I got to really study what I love. Now I'm from time to time considering the thoughts of continuing persuing it in the academic sense after my degree (film, that is). But I'm also longing for practically working with it and creating. So, I do think that my goal is maybe not so much to find work satisfaction in the sense that I'll stick to one thing but just getting joy from working with something that I love in one way or (and) the other. That said, currently as a student I have a few different part time jobs and it works for me that I get to switch between them so that it doesn't become routine. Satisfied? No. But I'm certainly not as restless as I could be.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Haha, I feel you. Not only is politics present but likely even more so than in most places of work. I never thought I'd be much of the academic type until I got to really study what I love. Now I'm from time to time considering the thoughts of continuing persuing it in the academic sense after my degree (film, that is). But I'm also longing for practically working with it and creating. So, I do think that my goal is maybe not so much to find work satisfaction in the sense that I'll stick to one thing but just getting joy from working with something that I love in one way or (and) the other. That said, currently as a student I have a few different part time jobs and it works for me that I get to switch between them so that it doesn't become routine. Satisfied? No. But I'm certainly not as restless as I could be.

I've more or less decided that I want to go into academics as well. The whole idea seems intellectually satisfying, though there's a certain lack of variety... I'd like to be able to just sit near people and talk about whatever it is that I actually am interested in (research) at length instead of whatever trivial topic there is out there. (7sx...) Though I've heard that being an academic is financially unstable enough that it could be "interesting" money-wise.