Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    *NF*
    Enneagram
    852 sx/sp
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    There was, but it was taken down a while ago. Probably due to copyright or something like that.
    Oh, damn it. I don't know my tritype where could I find a way to discover it, I suppose there is no test for that ?

I have found a stuff called "Mbti database" but the descriptions here are very shallow.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Even more wow, @Virtual ghost
    And how lovely I’ve narrowed down my own tritype to 945 or 925. Great rofl.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    Oh, damn it. I don't know my tritype where could I find a way to discover it, I suppose there is no test for that ?

I have found a stuff called "Mbti database" but the descriptions here are very shallow.

There were threads about/with tritype tests around. However it is possible to read it out of results of ordinary enneagram test.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    Is there a page where one can find a precise description of that intriguing list ?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone, Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Not to be overly pushy, but let's please stay on topic, thanks.
    IᑕE Iᔕ ᖴOᖇᗰIᑎG Oᑎ TᕼE TIᑭᔕ Oᖴ ᗰY ᗯIᑎGᔕ
    EᗩᖇTᕼ ᗷOᑌᑎᗪ ᗰIᔕᖴIT, I

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

I guess I'm really asking if others find the kind of dynamic I described in the opening post happening in their lives, whether they are the one in the reactive triad or not - a dynamic where one person needs that emotional validation and can end up feeling, at some level, that there is something wrong with them (in the eyes of whoever is not giving the validation) when they don't receive it.
    I'm familiar with it. Idk about type relation, IME, it's related to emotional baggage and past trauma being triggered/salt on a wound.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I've come to recognize how I, and some other people in my life, either lead with one of the core reactive types or have one as a very strong wing. These types are 4, 6, and 8.

From http://www.enneagramdimensions.net/a...m_patterns.pdf

Of course one of the best pieces I could find on what I wanted to express here on the forum is from OrangeAppled, but in the Politics subforum, which is currently closed, so I couldn't just bump a thread... here's a bit: (Telling people to calm down when they are upset/angry, does the exact opposite)

When I am upset about something, and it's upsetting enough for me to vent about it, if the person I'm communicating with either defends the other party/situation/whatever or outright ignores me, it makes me feel far worse than if they communicate that they understand I feel the way I do. It really does help in reinforcing that I am not broken or a horrible person (because at root in many of the examples I can think of there is some feeling that I did something to cause the situation, I'm bad for feeling the way I do, I'm somehow being unreasonable, etc, etc.), and allows me to feel heard and to be able to move onward in emotion, and action if necessary.

As example of this, a great many times when someone in my life has upset me by being what I consider hurtful in some way, I go to a 5 or 9 I am close to in order to vent. Oftentimes, his reaction will be a weak response, sometimes agreeing, sometimes neutral, but weak enough to where I feel the need to increase the vocalization of the intensity of my emotions in order to really relate how upsetting it is. If he then ignores, I just end up feeling worse and worse and like there's something wrong with me.

Learning about this and seeing it acted out in my life is one of the best things I've learned from the enneagram. Does anyone else relate to this?
    I can relate to a fair amount of it; though I think my core issues are more around rationalizing, repressing, latching onto stories or fantasies (ie positive outlook or trying to convince myself as such or blind myself by such or bask in an illusion), trying to reframe things, and so on (hence I settled on 9), I absolutely can relate to getting prickly or totally withdrawing or defending myself if I feel 'attacked' or judged. I'm not sure it applies as much to stuff like mentioned in OrangeAppled's story (as I am not sure I relate to how that plays out / internal feelings of MY feeling broken, etc), but that's probably why I'm not a 4. But I totally relate to having bristling reactive reactions or defenses, and relate to being reactive around feeling judged; I think with tritype I'm probably 964; I do think I probably have a pretty strong tie to 6, though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Luminous, Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    There were threads about/with tritype tests around. However it is possible to read it out of results of ordinary enneagram test.
    There is a really good one a member created but I don't remember their name. Anyway I did figure mine from a regular enneagram test, which is 358. This is a good resource on tritypes.

Tritype(R) Enneastyle
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Zhaylin, RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

If you all want to discuss general tritypes and tritype testing, please start a new thread. Thanks.
    IᑕE Iᔕ ᖴOᖇᗰIᑎG Oᑎ TᕼE TIᑭᔕ Oᖴ ᗰY ᗯIᑎGᔕ
    EᗩᖇTᕼ ᗷOᑌᑎᗪ ᗰIᔕᖴIT, I

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is there interest in a thread on tritypes? I can split off the relevant posts here if there is. Or, if someone is aware of an existing thread on this, I can move them there.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Zhaylin, RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post