• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 4 integration to 1

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been looking for a some information about this, but haven't been lucky in finding any relevant and long enough info. Usually there are just quite short and vague descriptions of how such an integration looks like. So my question is... Do you have any idea about how this process might look like? How does a 4 behave and how does it change when it becomes more healthy and closer to 1? Do you have any personal experiences, stories? Do you know anyone who seems to be a 4 which integrated to 1? Also... how to stay on track, and keep oneself from falling back to depression, self absorbance and inactive daydreaming?

stoic

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard to name a 4 that is fully integrated all of the time, that's not to say it isn't possible. Just might be better to look for moments where 4's show their integration. My favorite website with a description of this:
Living Enneagram - Trent J Thornley - Workshops Using Ancient Wisdom For Better Living Today

On the path of growth, the Tragic Individualist transforms into the Life-Enhancing Designer. Authenticity is found not by mimicking snippets of others' lives, or by embellishing emotional states and insisting on their validation; it is found by tuning into the objective, precise, and truthful sensations and feelings. Ethics, principles, and discipline structure creativity and allow the Four to offer a truly unique and useful contribution -- one that plumbs the depths of a particular facet of life and surfaces it with a personalized touch.

Such Fours naturally exude the balance of an even-keel equanimity, the calmness of a detached sensitivity. They radiate an aesthetic sensibility that stands on its own, without any need to gain value through comparison or disparagement. Integrating the shadows of whatever situation in which they find themselves, these Fours enhance life by unleashing these creative energies in positive ways, for everyone's benefit.

With the conscious work of relaxing reactivity, Fours reclaim dis-owned qualities of their Resource Point 2: properly proportioning their self-absorbed emotional highs & lows so as to make room for the emotions of others. This allows the Four to offer others emotional support and, often, find more life meaning in service roles than in the personalized quest to fabricate uniqueness. The Two's prideful propensity to display inner abundance becomes a useful counterweight balancing out the Four's story-line of inner lack (sadness, deficiency, tragedy).

With further integration, Fours shine forth the higher qualities of their Growth Point 1: finding more structure to support their natural creativity and order their chaotic impulses. Ethics and a sense of higher purpose loosens the Four's insistence on their subjectivity and stabilizes the Four's inner world with the fair evaluation and discernment of an outer reality checking. Focused, disciplined energy serves everyone well. The Four who taps into and aligns creativity with core values models a precious flowering of particularity for all to celebrate.

At Best: Fours show Equanimity (balanced engagement) with respect to their emotions and their assessment of happenings, embodying the Higher Quality of Holy Source (all-pervasive extraordinariness). Fours detect emotional meaning under appearances, and they can be one-of-a-kind, fascinating individuals.

View attachment 21209

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's hard to name a 4 that is fully integrated all of the time, that's not to say it isn't possible. Just might be better to look for moments where 4's show their integration. My favorite website with a description of this:
Living Enneagram - Trent J Thornley - Workshops Using Ancient Wisdom For Better Living Today

On the path of growth, the Tragic Individualist transforms into the Life-Enhancing Designer. Authenticity is found not by mimicking snippets of others' lives, or by embellishing emotional states and insisting on their validation; it is found by tuning into the objective, precise, and truthful sensations and feelings. Ethics, principles, and discipline structure creativity and allow the Four to offer a truly unique and useful contribution -- one that plumbs the depths of a particular facet of life and surfaces it with a personalized touch.

Such Fours naturally exude the balance of an even-keel equanimity, the calmness of a detached sensitivity. They radiate an aesthetic sensibility that stands on its own, without any need to gain value through comparison or disparagement. Integrating the shadows of whatever situation in which they find themselves, these Fours enhance life by unleashing these creative energies in positive ways, for everyone's benefit.

With the conscious work of relaxing reactivity, Fours reclaim dis-owned qualities of their Resource Point 2: properly proportioning their self-absorbed emotional highs & lows so as to make room for the emotions of others. This allows the Four to offer others emotional support and, often, find more life meaning in service roles than in the personalized quest to fabricate uniqueness. The Two's prideful propensity to display inner abundance becomes a useful counterweight balancing out the Four's story-line of inner lack (sadness, deficiency, tragedy).

With further integration, Fours shine forth the higher qualities of their Growth Point 1: finding more structure to support their natural creativity and order their chaotic impulses. Ethics and a sense of higher purpose loosens the Four's insistence on their subjectivity and stabilizes the Four's inner world with the fair evaluation and discernment of an outer reality checking. Focused, disciplined energy serves everyone well. The Four who taps into and aligns creativity with core values models a precious flowering of particularity for all to celebrate.

At Best: Fours show Equanimity (balanced engagement) with respect to their emotions and their assessment of happenings, embodying the Higher Quality of Holy Source (all-pervasive extraordinariness). Fours detect emotional meaning under appearances, and they can be one-of-a-kind, fascinating individuals.

View attachment 21209

This was very good, thank you! I've noticed that I've lately became hyper focused on staying busy, active, structured, organized and achieving my goals. I feel at my best when I'm like this, it could be my 3 wing coming into play, but I honestly think it's a part of becoming more grown up and mature. I've always had this high energy and desire for big achievements, but I was too focused on daydreaming, fantasizing and drowning in my own emotions and tragedy to do anything really. I think it can also be some level of Te.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I have been looking for a some information about this, but haven't been lucky in finding any relevant and long enough info. Usually there are just quite short and vague descriptions of how such an integration looks like. So my question is... Do you have any idea about how this process might look like? How does a 4 behave and how does it change when it becomes more healthy and closer to 1? Do you have any personal experiences, stories? Do you know anyone who seems to be a 4 which integrated to 1? Also... how to stay on track, and keep oneself from falling back to depression, self absorbance and inactive daydreaming?

When a 4 integrates to a 1 they start to be themselves,they start becoming confident, they start to let negativity go

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

View attachment 21209

That explains my transformation better than I could've ever done. Especially this line: "On the path of growth, the Tragic Individualist transforms into the Life-Enhancing Designer." Spot on!!