• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Now I'm sure I'm actually a 6 and not a 9

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
After doing some more research now I'm 100% sure I'm actually a 6 without a doubt.
Why I'm a 6 :
- Type 8 and 1 are types least like me so if I'm a 9 I don't have wing
- I feel fear more often and easier than anger
- I'm indecisive and full of doubt, always second guess myself.
- I often think of worst case scenario
- When there's a problem I almost always try to find the solution and only withdraw from it if I don't know how to solve it
- If someone trust me to do something I always do my best and avoid making mistake because I'm afraid the person won't trust me to do it again if I make mistake. If it happens I can be hard on myself. I always think the person expect me to do it perfectly.
- How good I do something depends on people's opinion. If people think I did a good job it means I did a good job.
- I'm full of contradiction :
  • - Value commitment but want freedom.
  • - Want to be independent but afraid if I don't have someone to depend on
  • - Don't like people who are slow at doing things but I'm also a slow person
  • - Have a dream of having more exciting adventures but I'm too afraid to start
  • - Love surprises but fear of the unknown and hate dealing with unpredictable situations
  • - Promise to be more assertive and 100% sure I can do it but when faced by something that requires me to be assertive I act passive again and end up resent myself and being critical of myself.

That's it. It's time to embrace my 6-ness :party:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"After doing some more research now I'm 100% sure I'm actually a 6 without a doubt."
vs
"I'm indecisive and full of doubt, always second guess myself."

so which is it? :smile:

just teasing. ;) The concerns mentioned do sound more Six.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
"After doing some more research now I'm 100% sure I'm actually a 6 without a doubt."
vs
"I'm indecisive and full of doubt, always second guess myself."

so which is it? :smile:

just teasing. ;) The concerns mentioned do sound more Six.

I just realized it lol :D Since I first got into Enneagram I always switch back and forth between 6 and 9. It's like "Oh I'm a 6! No, wait, the 9 description fits me more, so am I actually a 9? I'll stay with 9 for a while. Oh wait, I don't think I'm a 9. 6 might be more true for me. So I'm a 6 for now. Oh wait, I think it's true I'm a 9. Or a 6??? From this explanation 6 is more fitting! Argh, it's confusing!! I'm a 6 or 9 actually???" until finally I'm sure I'm a 6 now after I'm being open to myself and gain more knowledge about Enneagram.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
congrats :wubbie: you will probably never be 100% sure. but tbh I don't think any of the things you listed make anyone a 6. you can't really choose an enneagram from a vague list of stereotypes. it's about your core personality. 9's want security too, and 6 anxiety is a very distinct thing. 6w7 is more extroverted in real life than 9

9's can be full of indecision and doubt.

I think 9 fits you much better. you seem more withdrawn, laidback, go with a flow, and easygoing/amiable in your posts and your questionnaire.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
An unhealthy 9 looks like a 6. I found the health levels of each type useful when I was figuring it out.

I really resisted the idea of being a 9, and 6s and 9s are the two hardest types to figure out.

I don't know if you have looked at these to see if they fit

Type Six — The Enneagram Institute

Type Nine — The Enneagram Institute

I read it and more related to 9 actually. But I don't have wing. I don't relate at all with 8 and 1.

Edit : I read the "misidentification" part and I relate more with 6.

Edit again : For health level I think I'm average on both 6 and 9 according to the book "Personality Types" by Don Riso and Russ Hudson.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are plenty of 9s that don't agree with 1 or 8 because we are naturally accepting and our wing types have a black and white mentality. Alas, i'm glad to see a thread about a proud 6 especially a proud 6w7.

NatureChaser

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
There are plenty of 9s that don't agree with 1 or 8 because we are naturally accepting and our wing types have a black and white mentality. Alas, i'm glad to see a thread about a proud 6 especially a proud 6w7.

Yeah I'm proud because 7s are my most favorite people and realize I have a bit of 7 in me :)

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Welcome to being a six! I think we're a pretty cool bunch