• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4s! Do you always sad or moody , or do you have neutral or happy phases?

Warui

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or what is your usually mood?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My default is pretty neutral, I tend towards brooding/serious, though not sad. And occasional bouts happiness and sadness.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am pretty silly and playful and laugh and smile a good amount. people still tell me i’m a daria, though. :shrug:

I'm definitely a lot happier now than a few years back. I still appear quiet and aloof at times, but I'm definitely not as mopey as I used to be. I think a key to a 4's wellbeing is to focus on something that gives their life greater meaning. It's important to know what you value and to have goals to make it happen. Then again, I think this is important for anyone regardless of type.

Not all 4s are always moody and depressive. Some can be quite goofy and playful. There's always an inner longing for something though, and that's what needs extra focus.

I experience a range of emotions. I don’t really get excited as my lifelong friends could tell you. The closest to that would be me expressing extreme amusement over something. I have definitely laughed until it hurts. Neutral is a common setting for me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My default is pretty neutral, I tend towards brooding/serious, though not sad. And occasional bouts happiness and sadness.

This but probably more melancholy, for a couple reasons (I'm not male and thus it's more culturally acceptable for me to be sad, and 4 with 8 has an urge to be emotionally honest and raw at times).

If I'm in my comfort zone with people I vibe with, I can get pretty quirky and charismatic. I doubt most people who know me would think I'm a 4 if they knew about this stuff, they'd probably think I'm a 6, 7, or maaaaybe 8.

Edit: I seem like a 7 under the influence of alcohol. Or when there are baby goats around. And people who don't know me well might think I'm a 5.

Okaybye.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am probably all emotions as well. I can get quite excited about things I really like and enjoy (example - nature, new places, board games with friends), but that shows in momentary bursts, it's not a sustained animation. And ofc I can get low, on the opposite end. I am probably mostly.... 'flat' and might appear fairly even-keeled, steady, calm, maybe even monotonous in voice inflection, though, when interacting with people. I've been told I'm anti-exuberant / demonstrative in social situations, ha.

When I was younger (teenage years into mid to late 20's) I was much more often melancholic; I swing in that direction less often these days. I can be quite happy and content more often these days.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Back when I used to be a core 4 and before I went to 1, I was either melancholic and in a thoughtful mood or in a content and motivated mood or felt stressed out and a bit pissed off because of what I percieved was stressing me out. Normally these moods were quite stable. Nowadays my mood swings from content to stressed to confused (especially when I'm in the process of figuring something out for eg at work) in a matter of seconds. While I miss the stability of my moods back when I was a 4, most of the problems of being a 4 are things I definitely don't want back - like the ambigous feelings of wanting to connect with people but found it hard cause I was kinda the weirdo in every group, but on the other hand I liked who I was and didn't want to change and did not know how to deal with those "walls" between me and other people - and the whole scenario made me feel insecure at times, an emotion I absolutely loathed - just the overall insecurity and confusion that came with being a 4. I'm glad I have overcome all that, is all I can say. But the relatively stable moods - that's something I'm working on getting back cause it was awesome.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have a thought and mood disorder, the mood part bipolar. Therefore of course I have good times, formerly mania. Fortunately, on the right meds my moods are less extreme. I'm easily saddened but also easily cheered up.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neutral, occasionally annoyed... I spend way too much time in my head analyzing thoughts, feelings, situations, the future- everything. The constant analysis sends me into dark places, but I can usually reason my way out. Being with people I like and getting out of the house to go exploring helps me focus more on the now and enjoy life with a subtle happiness. My favorite is spending time with fun, goofy people so I can finally feel free and act silly with abandon.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is this now as it sounds like me maybe.

Maybe you have a bit of 4w5 in you? I suspect it could also be a problem 5s deal with (but I could be wrong. I’m just getting started with the whole enneagram thing).

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes omg lyke all i do is sit and cry and contemplate my end this world is so cold

yes. Yes we 4s actually get happy. what kinda question is this? lol

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My emotions are intense and deep, but I generally seem outwardly reserved somewhat I think. Sometimes my circuits blow and I feel nothing, but mostly I feel alot - too much for the men I've had relationships with because they are always trying to get me to stop having feelings. I'm not generally understood on an intimate personal level in regards to my emotional world. I think emotions are truth and deep emotions are deep truth.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sadness is actually one of the less accessible emotions in my particular tree of complexes. I tend to go to anger more easily, or a high on mobilization that very much comes out of the anima, survival drive, if that makes any sense. But the anger tends to be self-directed more easily than other-directed, and may look like sadness or at least more vulnerable than it really is (while it is truly not sadness - legit sadness is much more buried) so that could qualify as melancholy by certain definitions.

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well everyone has feelings. 4s don't get to be special for that.

Indeed, everyone has feelings. That's kind of a given. It seems as if each type would have slightly different sets of emotions they're more likely to experience by default, though there's also a slight problem with the OP's subject...no one's purely one type, at least as far as I know, so that's going to bring on differences too.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All this time I thought I was a 6.

Pretty sure that this is me! :doh: though I wouldn't call it sadness. It's as if something is always going on under the surface, like having a little stone in your shoe. There are long stretches of contentment, too.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I go though phases when I am happy and I am sad and dozens of other emotions. I'm rarely neutral.