123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Default enneagram 6 Vs 8

I'm considering both types for myself. I have a seven wing for sure, so I'm either a 6w7 or an 8w7. I'd appreciate any kind of help. Ask me any questions. I can't really sort this out on my own.
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

What are you afraid of and why?

How do you respond to a challenge?

What were you like growing up?

What do you need or want most from life? Why?
    Likes Red Ribbon, Xann liked this post

Sober revelations Hummingbird Spirit's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    784 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESi None

well 8s fear being controlled and ruled over, so their goal is to consistently be in control and in "power". A six is less sure of themselves, anxious, questions people's intentions, and fears being without loyal companions to receive guidance from. If this helps at all.
    These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence:
    the connections—sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent—that happened after I was gone.
    And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it.
    The events my death brought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future.
    The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.
    Likes Red Ribbon liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

After making this thread I realized 9 is a better fit for me. Thanks for the responses though.
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI
    Likes Hummingbird Spirit liked this post

Destroyer of Souls
    Enneagram
    741 so/sp

If ths helps you can be both since 6w7 is a head type and 8w7 a gut type so its possible to be a 6w7 8w7 something. Id say first thing is to see if you have both in your tri. If anythings to go by you dont seem a double reactive to me so you probably have only one of them and I dont see the visceral and explosive reactivity I see in 8s from what I see of you but a more super ego reactivity which manifests in a anxious and paranoid reactivity like a mental reactivity. To see if you are a 86 of some sort do you relate to those two core fears (Fear of being controlled and vulnerable and fear of being without support).
    Likes Red Ribbon, Hummingbird Spirit liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    If ths helps you can be both since 6w7 is a head type and 8w7 a gut type so its possible to be a 6w7 8w7 something. Id say first thing is to see if you have both in your tri. If anythings to go by you dont seem a double reactive to me so you probably have only one of them and I dont see the visceral and explosive reactivity I see in 8s from what I see of you but a more super ego reactivity which manifests in a anxious and paranoid reactivity like a mental reactivity. To see if you are a 86 of some sort do you relate to those two core fears (Fear of being controlled and vulnerable and fear of being without support).
    I'm not entirely sure. I always test as high in both 9 and 8 but I don't believe in the tests really. People have typed me as 9 before on PerC. I don't really relate to the passive nature of 9. Aside from that, I also suffer from Borderline personality disorder so a lot of my mental reactivity could come from that. Borderlines are paranoid and wary of people, like an unhealthy 6 but does being one make me a 6? That's my question if it makes sense.
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Typing oneself in the presence of mental illness/personality disorder is extremely difficult. The only thing that you can do is research, introspect, and give it time. You'll figure it out eventually.
    Likes Red Ribbon, Boogie man, LucieCat liked this post

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon View Post
    I'm considering both types for myself. I have a seven wing for sure, so I'm either a 6w7 or an 8w7. I'd appreciate any kind of help. Ask me any questions. I can't really sort this out on my own.
    You're a 6. You're welcome.
    Likes Red Ribbon, JocktheMotie, bechimo liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

6 and 8 couldn't be more different. I guess you could compare them based on reactivity but that's about it. 6s need guidance and 8s often see themselves as their own guidance. Massive difference. One is terrified of trusting others and the other needs to trust others because they can't make up their minds on their own.
    Likes bechimo, Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    6 and 8 couldn't be more different. I guess you could compare them based on reactivity but that's about it. 6s need guidance and 8s often see themselves as their own guidance. Massive difference. One is terrified of trusting others and the other needs to trust others because they can't make up their minds on their own.
    I would add that 6 reactivity annoys 8s, and 8 reactivity (or sometimes lack thereof) worries 6s. 8s can view 6s as weak, and 6s can view 8s as insensitive.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes LucieCat liked this post