• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] enneagram 6 Vs 8

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eli in The Book of Eli. He appears to be at health level 4 with bits of 3, so overall, a relatively solid example of a stable 8.

Haven't seen that movie in years. But I remember he always seemed in control without coming off like a douche.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exactly! 8s at level 5 get proud and boastful, egocentric and expansive. Big difference.

I dated an 8 who spent most of his time at level 5. :dry:

It's cool that you're into the levels; not many people seem to have looked at those. Still think I'm a 6 or 9?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'd say 6 Sp/So because head energy and a disarming pleasantness, but you seem very non-reactive and your photos look 9 to me.

Make a blog and bare your soul, G. :newwink:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say 6 Sp/So because head energy and a disarming pleasantness, but you seem very non-reactive and your photos look 9 to me.

92ed86a92719e0b0e81974fb7a22d0ac.png

Make a blog and bare your soul, G. :newwink:

Souls are for babies.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't think anyone was trying to fight with me. I also don't think Eights mistake themselves for Sixes; I think people who list celebrities of each type mistake Eights for Sixes.

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I wrote earlier, 8s are prone to denial of vulnerability, but the 'weakness' of this type is that ultimately, there is some level to which you cannot achieve this without the (neighboring) attitude of E9, which involves a kind of numbing of the self (basically, an "I don't really care/I don't really exist anyway" attitude). That is, the more one is conscious

Denying vulnerability is not the same as actually being powerful enough to warrant the denial -- there are many 'dumb' versions of each type, and the dumber versions of 8 vastly underestimate what they have to lose. The bubble can burst on an 8, which is when they're actually proven to be powerless against their will, and that is when they disintegrate to 5.

A 6 CP does tend to 'deny' vulnerability but more in the sense of being on guard at all times or proving to themselves they can overcome danger. An 8 tends not to see such a need, but again, this says nothing as to who is actually RIGHT -- in the end, being powerful/not is independent of type.

Illustrated with Pokemon, Mew is far from an 8, but could destroy many who are probably 8s. It probably doesn't think about doing so all that often.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sixes and Eights only have a couple things in common, the most major being that they can both be aggressive when in the average and unhealthy levels. Other than that, it should be easy to tell the difference. For instance, Sixes tend to rely on others, where as Eights tend to insist on being independent.

rav3n

I'm considering both types for myself. I have a seven wing for sure, so I'm either a 6w7 or an 8w7. I'd appreciate any kind of help. Ask me any questions. I can't really sort this out on my own.
Premised on the choice of six and eight, you're a six.

As an 8w7, decision making comes easily. If we ask others to type us, it's because we're curious about their subjective perception of us, rather than our actual type.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Premised on the choice of six and eight, you're a six.

As an 8w7, decision making comes easily. If we ask others to type us, it's because we're curious about their subjective perception of us, rather than our actual type.

Yes.

Similar to 5s and 9s I think. 5s know they're 5s. It screams at you. 9s see some 5ness in themselves but can't relate to the core fear.