Give me a fourth dot. The Tsarevich's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    478 sx/sp
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Then make your critiques...don't say what you're going to do, just do it.
    Yeah, back off. I'll get around to it when I do.
    *Need enneagram questionnaire?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2218641
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

that's all involved with resource acquisition, empire building and competing in the rough and tumble

When I wrote, "They are instinctually drawn to environments where boldness and hard-headed realism pays off", that underscores the productive sublimation/self-command of aggression/rage.

Although this isn't a thread about healthy 8s, I'll point out that the healthy 8's propensity for restraint does not negate the fundamentally aggressive nature of the type. As an example, MLK was a healthy 8 but MLK was not rendered passive or milquetoast through his restraint....he was still fundamentally assertive/aggressive person with an interest in exercising power (but for the greater good) and showed an instinctual avoidance of weakness in the pursuit of such. Its that the propensity for restraint in healthy 8s is leveraged in a manner that wields power more masterfully.
    You must be a social 5.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    You must be a social 5.
    Neat catch and I think you know where I stand on your type.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tsarevich View Post
    Yeah, back off. I'll get around to it when I do.
    Oh come on, that's just ridiculous. If it was of any merit, it would've been right there for you type forwards and backwards.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

This person has no name.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    @Tomb1 - How have you completely neglected to acknowledge a healthy 8's propensity for self-control? Balanced 8s don't have to resort to aggression or rage.
    He cherry picks and disregards the impacts of wings and instinctual variants.

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    He cherry picks and disregards the impacts of wings and instinctual variants.
    Wha'....that's just an uninformed analysis. I use wings and instinctual variants prodigiously.

There's no valid breakdown of the enneagram without it....it would be a fundamentally unworkable typology.

Hell, my Bliss Stream stack descriptions for 9w1 were the first of its kind.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    478 sx/sp
    Socionics

Oh come on, that's just ridiculous. If it was of any merit, it would've been right there for you type forwards and backwards.
    It is of much merit, but alas, I'm in the middle of at least 3 legal battles, writing an MSc, doing inner work, and dealing with the IRS. Personal stories are quick and easy, subjecting things to analysis takes more time.

Folks, if you have an issue with what I posted, just notify me of it directly. Piggybacking on Deadpan's posts with criticisms about me in third person when I'm right here to say it to directly shows weakness (certainly not the type of behavior an sp8w7 would engage in).

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    478 sx/sp
    Socionics

Folks, if you have an issue with what I posted, just notify me of it directly. Piggybacking on Deadpan's posts with criticisms about me in third person when I'm right here to say it to directly shows weakness (certainly not the type of behavior an sp8w7 would engage in).
    I see what you're doing there

I don't think it will work.
    *Need enneagram questionnaire?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2218641
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

This is hilarious because the Sp 8 feels no need to blast their authority (really, autonomy is a better descriptor for 8 Sp) in the faces of others at baseline.

Per your snide remark about your analysis of me, if I recall correctly you pegged me as a 6w7 or perhaps the reverse. (Were you the one who compared me to Trash Panda?) In response, all I have to say is that it's a poor Captain who commands "full speed ahead" failing to realize that icebergs only reveal their tips.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯