• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] enneagram 6 Vs 8

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
that's all involved with resource acquisition, empire building and competing in the rough and tumble

When I wrote, "They are instinctually drawn to environments where boldness and hard-headed realism pays off", that underscores the productive sublimation/self-command of aggression/rage.

Although this isn't a thread about healthy 8s, I'll point out that the healthy 8's propensity for restraint does not negate the fundamentally aggressive nature of the type. As an example, MLK was a healthy 8 but MLK was not rendered passive or milquetoast through his restraint....he was still fundamentally assertive/aggressive person with an interest in exercising power (but for the greater good) and showed an instinctual avoidance of weakness in the pursuit of such. Its that the propensity for restraint in healthy 8s is leveraged in a manner that wields power more masterfully.

You must be a social 5.

rav3n

[MENTION=13911]Tomb1[/MENTION] - How have you completely neglected to acknowledge a healthy 8's propensity for self-control? Balanced 8s don't have to resort to aggression or rage.
He cherry picks and disregards the impacts of wings and instinctual variants.

Tomb1

He cherry picks and disregards the impacts of wings and instinctual variants.

Wha'....that's just an uninformed analysis. I use wings and instinctual variants prodigiously.

There's no valid breakdown of the enneagram without it....it would be a fundamentally unworkable typology.

Hell, my Bliss Stream stack descriptions for 9w1 were the first of its kind.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh come on, that's just ridiculous. If it was of any merit, it would've been right there for you type forwards and backwards.

It is of much merit, but alas, I'm in the middle of at least 3 legal battles, writing an MSc, doing inner work, and dealing with the IRS. Personal stories are quick and easy, subjecting things to analysis takes more time.

Tomb1

Folks, if you have an issue with what I posted, just notify me of it directly. Piggybacking on Deadpan's posts with criticisms about me in third person when I'm right here to say it to directly shows weakness (certainly not the type of behavior an sp8w7 would engage in).

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Folks, if you have an issue with what I posted, just notify me of it directly. Piggybacking on Deadpan's posts with criticisms about me in third person when I'm right here to say it to directly shows weakness (certainly not the type of behavior an sp8w7 would engage in).

I see what you're doing there ;)

I don't think it will work.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

This is hilarious because the Sp 8 feels no need to blast their authority (really, autonomy is a better descriptor for 8 Sp) in the faces of others at baseline.

Per your snide remark about your analysis of me, if I recall correctly you pegged me as a 6w7 or perhaps the reverse. (Were you the one who compared me to Trash Panda?) In response, all I have to say is that it's a poor Captain who commands "full speed ahead" failing to realize that icebergs only reveal their tips.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's just hoping to stress one of us out to the point of reactivity so he can call someone a 6.
Btw, that sounds like something a disintegrated 5 would do.
What works on Typewatch doesn't necessarily work on Typology Central.

Also can't imagine an 8 being dumb enough to fall for it.

Tomb1

This is hilarious because the Sp 8 feels no need to blast their authority...

That's merely what you want the type to be, not the reality. The 8 is an entirely aggressive personality style and in the expansive 3-7-8 triad, so, 8w7 is a double aggressive...prone to blast their authority and not particularly humble. And that doesn't have anything to do with stating an issue/critique directly to the person on the thread instead of needing to do it through a proxy....just not 8 behavior piggy backing on your post like that even for the more low key 8w9...if they had an issue/critique with me they would say it to me directly. Simple as that.

Per your snide remark about your analysis of me, if I recall correctly you pegged me as a 6w7 or perhaps the reverse. (Were you the one who compared me to Trash Panda?)

I don't see anything snide about telling somebody "and I think you know where I stand on your type."

In response, all I have to say is that it's a poor Captain who commands "full speed ahead" failing to realize that icebergs only reveal their tips.

Yes, I pegged your type as 6w7 sp/sx (in contrast to your initial 6w5 sp/sx typing). I had stated:

"4w5s are especially driven to brood in the arena of vulnerability and this colors the content of their introspection. It also colors the information they can pick up on about others. In contrast, your energy is harder....even when you're introspecting softer heart energy doesn't come through (head triad > feeling triad)....it's more unrefined. Your introspective abilities are more calibrated for mainstream viewing, so to speak, more factual and less intuitively refined than a 4w5's."

I think comparing yourself to an iceberg fits metaphorically (as a sidenote, i believe tom condon a six has used this metaphor to describe his type).

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The big problem here is that people assume you are only one or the other when you can have both in a tritype. For instance a 692 would probably be very unlikely to be mistook for an 8 for instance. I find counter phobic 6 is just a 6 and 8 combo. The 6 is wary and the 8 means said suspicious will be shown outwards.

Tomb1

What works on Typewatch doesn't necessarily work on Typology Central.

Also can't imagine an 8 being dumb enough to fall for it.

I've got the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.

I'm starting to get the impression that you're stalling on writing out these critiques.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
That's merely what you want the type to be, not the reality. The 8 is an entirely aggressive personality style and in the expansive 3-7-8 triad, so, 8w7 is a double aggressive...prone to blast their authority and not particularly humble. And that doesn't have anything to do with stating an issue/critique directly to the person on the thread instead of needing to do it through a proxy....just not 8 behavior piggy backing on your post like that even for the more low key 8w9...if they had an issue/critique with me they would say it to me directly. Simple as that.

I don't see anything snide about telling somebody "and I think you know where I stand on your type."

Yes, I pegged your type as 6w7 sp/sx (in contrast to your initial 6w5 sp/sx typing). I had stated:

"4w5s are especially driven to brood in the arena of vulnerability and this colors the content of their introspection. It also colors the information they can pick up on about others. In contrast, your energy is harder....even when you're introspecting softer heart energy doesn't come through (head triad > feeling triad)....it's more unrefined. Your introspective abilities are more calibrated for mainstream viewing, so to speak, more factual and less intuitively refined than a 4w5's."

I think comparing yourself to an iceberg fits metaphorically (as a sidenote, i believe tom condon a six has used this metaphor to describe his type).

You're going to feel like a fool when you hit 500 posts and gain full access to the forum (that's what my metaphor was referring to in relation to me specifically).

Clearly you have an embarrassingly poor understanding of the counter 4 and you also cherry pick posts to solidify what you want to see.

The people I give more than zero shits about know who I really am, so bon voyage.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know what you're talking about.
You don't know why deliberately phrasing something as "weakness" to someone who types as 8 would be hypothetically provocative? Lol. I thought you were the expert on enneagram. OK, totally disregarding your ideas from now on.

I've got the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.

I'm starting to get the impression that you're stalling on writing out these critiques.
The only valid one. All the work other practitioners have done on this topic is totally invalid. You are the enneagram KING. I get it.

And yes, I no longer care about this issue. I come on this site to take breaks between hours of research. I told you what else is happening in my life, and you, my friend, are a pretty small potato by comparison.

Tomb1

You're going to feel like a fool when you hit 500 posts and gain full access to the forum (that's what my metaphor was referring to in relation to me specifically).

Clearly you have an embarrassingly poor understanding of the counter 4 and you also cherry pick posts to solidify what you want to see.

The people I give more than zero shits about know who I really am, so bon voyage.

A four is still a four. four is a character type. character types have distinct properties that make them what they are. It's not cherry-picking but keying in on the core distinctions. It would be more dignified of you to just admit that I know more about these types than you do. There's no shame in it.

Tomb1

You don't know why deliberately phrasing something as "weakness" to someone who types as 8 would be hypothetically provocative? Lol.

I truly don't know what you're talking about....you are taking things for granted in these assumptions you manufacture. I'm not running for political office here nor trying to make any money off this stuff so to that extent I"m opted out of the game....your disregard has nothing on me. [As an aside, the type most comfortable with disapproval (8) would not be bothered by a stranger on the internet pointing out a particular weakness or retyping them.]

The only valid one. All the work other practitioners have done on this topic is totally invalid.

Well, I didn't say totally and I didn't say "all the work" but as far as laying a foundation in physical reality for a breakdown of every type, wing and stack, mine is...keep in mind my enneagram breakdown and socionics breakdown fused together doesn't result in any of the impossible combinations.