User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Emmanuel Macron?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 3456 Last

Thread: Emmanuel Macron

Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    @Blackmail! so how do you like him now ?
    Yeah, he should have voted for a Nazi, lol.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Falcarius, Blackmail! liked this post

In three months in power, the new head of state has been reluctant to grant interviews, preferring to deliver lengthy orations in the halls of Versailles, France’s historic seat of absolute monarchy, and such regal optics have not played well with the media or the public.
    Go listen to some Kurt Cobain garbage and get high. You'll be fine.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

I am not so sure about Macron being an INTJ. I always feel he is more of an INFP. Because of his interest in the arts among other things.
    INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic

I feel that Macron is more principled and will ignore logic if necessary.
    INFPs' ability with language doesn't stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to INFPs' desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.
    Macron's desire for harmony would support this. Plus his English skills. He seems like someone who actually wants to understand others, so he is seriously considering their points.
    I saw some people in this thread discussing his clumsiness in public. And it reminded me of this psychological concept called "behavioural leakage", which I read about in "Quiet" by Susan Cain - a book on introversion. And if you look at Macron very closely, you can see that he is doing it all the time. Looking away especially when he is listening to someone. Folding his arms. If you check out Macron in Frankfurt at the book fair... Definitely not an extrovert.
    When Macron says things like books are more intense than real life, you can't deny that he is more on the introverted side of the population. I think what makes books so interesting to introverts is that they don't have these obstacles that real life presents to you when you are not extroverted.
    Their shyness keeps them from the podium, but they are the first to lend a helping hand where it's needed.
    I don't think this contradicts my theory that he is an INFP. Because I don't think it's easy for him to speak in front of many people. But he overcomes this. When people say that he sometimes says very generic things on the stage, I think it's more of a protective measure. Introverts prepare their speeches very well and he seems to do that. Especially if you consider he recites from memory. I also have a theory that his unwillingness to do the official interview session after he took office might be because he is bad at improvising. Of course I can't know that. But it might be.
    INFPs are private, reserved and self-conscious. This makes them notoriously difficult to really get to know, and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about.
    That does sound like him too.
    INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
    This could be written on the back of a Macron biography. I feel that this characterizes him so well. Macron campaigned on the middle ground, essentially. And he really takes criticisms personally, from what I read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHouseholdCat View Post
    INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic
    INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
    Meaning INFPs aren't guided by principles at all, but by a desire for approval or fear of conflict.

Sorry, I have nothing to add to the thread topic. I just thought this particular type profile you're quoting is contradictory, as well as conflating INFP with enneagram 9.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT
    Likes Ghost, Kas, Jellyfish1234 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheHouseholdCat View Post
    INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
    EWW.
    Likes Kas liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Meaning INFPs aren't guided by principles at all, but by a desire for approval or fear of conflict. Sorry, I have nothing to add to the thread topic. I just thought this particular type profile you're quoting is contradictory, as well as conflating INFP with enneagram 9.
    So you don't think he is an INFP or do you just think the profile I quoted is not accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    EWW.
    Well, I don't think there's a problem with that character trait. It just depends on how the individual uses it. Compromise can be good, but it can also be fatal, depending on the situation.

Enneagram
    4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI None

Fe dominant and a 3w2/3w4.

MBTI
    TNT

Seems like a classic ENTJ, especially with his statements lately. He sold himself as a moderate liberal and now he's speaking like he's Napoleon. I love him though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Seems like a classic ENTJ, especially with his statements lately. He sold himself as a moderate liberal and now he's speaking like he's Napoleon. I love him though.
    I think that has a lot to do with his young age and trying to make sure he is taken seriously. In France regicide (like strikes and protests in general) is a national sport and he has very ambitious plans. Also, given the pessimistic mood in France these last few years he might be attempting to offer some pomp and glamour to liften the morale of the troops, so to speak.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari