• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emmanuel Macron

What Personality Type is Emmanuel Macron?

• Enneagram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• INTP

• ENTP

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Jaguar

In three months in power, the new head of state has been reluctant to grant interviews, preferring to deliver lengthy orations in the halls of Versailles, France’s historic seat of absolute monarchy, and such regal optics have not played well with the media or the public.

Go listen to some Kurt Cobain garbage and get high. You'll be fine.

TheHouseholdCat

I am not so sure about Macron being an INTJ. I always feel he is more of an INFP. Because of his interest in the arts among other things.
INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic

I feel that Macron is more principled and will ignore logic if necessary.
INFPs' ability with language doesn't stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to INFPs' desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.
Macron's desire for harmony would support this. Plus his English skills. He seems like someone who actually wants to understand others, so he is seriously considering their points.
I saw some people in this thread discussing his clumsiness in public. And it reminded me of this psychological concept called "behavioural leakage", which I read about in "Quiet" by Susan Cain - a book on introversion. And if you look at Macron very closely, you can see that he is doing it all the time. Looking away especially when he is listening to someone. Folding his arms. If you check out Macron in Frankfurt at the book fair... Definitely not an extrovert.
When Macron says things like books are more intense than real life, you can't deny that he is more on the introverted side of the population. I think what makes books so interesting to introverts is that they don't have these obstacles that real life presents to you when you are not extroverted.
Their shyness keeps them from the podium, but they are the first to lend a helping hand where it's needed.
I don't think this contradicts my theory that he is an INFP. Because I don't think it's easy for him to speak in front of many people. But he overcomes this. When people say that he sometimes says very generic things on the stage, I think it's more of a protective measure. Introverts prepare their speeches very well and he seems to do that. Especially if you consider he recites from memory. I also have a theory that his unwillingness to do the official interview session after he took office might be because he is bad at improvising. Of course I can't know that. But it might be.
INFPs are private, reserved and self-conscious. This makes them notoriously difficult to really get to know, and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about.
That does sound like him too.
INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
This could be written on the back of a Macron biography. I feel that this characterizes him so well. Macron campaigned on the middle ground, essentially. And he really takes criticisms personally, from what I read so far.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic
INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
Meaning INFPs aren't guided by principles at all, but by a desire for approval or fear of conflict.

Sorry, I have nothing to add to the thread topic. I just thought this particular type profile you're quoting is contradictory, as well as conflating INFP with enneagram 9.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.

EWW.

TheHouseholdCat

Meaning INFPs aren't guided by principles at all, but by a desire for approval or fear of conflict. Sorry, I have nothing to add to the thread topic. I just thought this particular type profile you're quoting is contradictory, as well as conflating INFP with enneagram 9.
So you don't think he is an INFP or do you just think the profile I quoted is not accurate?

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Seems like a classic ENTJ, especially with his statements lately. He sold himself as a moderate liberal and now he's speaking like he's Napoleon. I love him though.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems like a classic ENTJ, especially with his statements lately. He sold himself as a moderate liberal and now he's speaking like he's Napoleon. I love him though.

I think that has a lot to do with his young age and trying to make sure he is taken seriously. In France regicide (like strikes and protests in general) is a national sport and he has very ambitious plans. Also, given the pessimistic mood in France these last few years he might be attempting to offer some pomp and glamour to liften the morale of the troops, so to speak.

rav3n

He's too charming to be an ENTJ, hence why I chose ENFJ. His people savvy skills are excellent.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
ENTJs are usually people savvy. You can't be an effective leader without it.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I don't think there's a problem with that character trait. It just depends on how the individual uses it. Compromise can be good, but it can also be fatal, depending on the situation.

It doesn't sound like compromise but being guided by external forces. I don't see what about that seems like an INFP trait.

There are few things I'd put a great deal of time and effort into, and attempting to satisfy everybody isn't one of them.

TheHouseholdCat

It doesn't sound like compromise but being guided by external forces. I don't see what about that seems like an INFP trait. There are few things I'd put a great deal of time and effort into, and attempting to satisfy everybody isn't one of them.
Well, as I said it depends. It can be very difficult to find compromise if everyone only has their own interests in mind. I am rarely guided by external forces but I don't want to step on other people's toes just to prove my point. I think it's one of the things people find irritating about me, but I have been talked over all my life by people who thought only their opinion mattered, so I don't want to be like that.
But you shouldn't try to please people just so you don't have to argue with them.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just want to say that it's really great to see two French guys arguing about politics because I am so fucking tired of seeing Americans argue about politics. I honestly don't care much for politics, but I do like to see new stuff, so thanks [MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3567]Blackmail![/MENTION]

Tomb1

I'm posting this just because Macron is such a clear example of a sp/so 9w1:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Macron when the French soccer team scored its first goal against Croatia, during the World Cup final.

Note: this photo was not staged. Actually, Macron wasn't even aware somebody was taking a picture, because press photographers weren't allowed in the VIP lounge... except the one of Vladimir Putin, who (very discreetly) took this.

7823028_57d45aa6-8928-11e8-a105-7de737a88521-1_1000x625.jpg

The story behind it (in French)

You have been blocked

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate Macron, because he's a liar. He told poor people he was not Santa, and acted like Santa in front of rich people.