• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rod Serling

What Personality Type is Rod Serling?

• Enneagram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I see an Intuitive type with some Fi.

Possibly the same or similar type to Roddenberry (ENFP?)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Overall gives as Alex said a Fi vibe. I would say INTJ as I detect some Ni-Fiish themes through his work with morals coming through in the forms of allegorys. ISFP is another possibility but he gives far too much Te vibes to be inferior.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^ right, also in the way morals are conveyed in the Twilight Zone, it is more vague and seems personalized from episode to episode, if that makes sense. Usually characters either rebel against the grain of society and/or (try to) "do the right thing" or get their comeuppance in some roundabout way that feels like the universe is serving justice when society's values or justice systems (Fe) have failed us....that bolded part strikes me as an especially Fi sentiment; it really makes a lot of sense that Serling and Roddenberry both developed their shows in the wake of McCarthyism and a 50s/early 60s American Culture that praised conformity and "normalcy" whilst punishing the rebels and misfits of society or pushing them to the fringes.

I could also see NTP but I am leaning toward Fi user (likely NFP or NTJ). He seemed to be more interested in metaphorically handling current/topical issues, which suggests Ne > Ni to me.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^^ right, also in the way morals are conveyed in the Twilight Zone, it is more vague and seems personalized from episode to episode, if that makes sense. Usually characters either rebel against the grain of society and/or (try to) "do the right thing" or get their comeuppance in some roundabout way that feels like the universe is serving justice when society's values or justice systems (Fe) have failed us....that bolded part strikes me as an especially Fi sentiment; it really makes a lot of sense that Serling and Roddenberry both developed their shows in the wake of McCarthyism and a 50s/early 60s American Culture that praised conformity and "normalcy" whilst punishing the rebels and misfits of society or pushing them to the fringes.

I could also see NTP but I am leaning toward Fi user (likely NFP or NTJ). He seemed to be more interested in metaphorically handling current/topical issues, which suggests Ne > Ni to me.

His work seems to be a big fuck you against Si-Fe values to me personally which could mean a xNTP who uses Ti/Ne to critique Si/Fe values as unlike a NTJ they would have an understanding of said values but he shows clear Fi so that makes NTP less likely as they would be more likely to suggest alternative social morals (Ne-Fe) than go against the grain . I do see many similarities between Serling and Rodenberry but to me it seems that personally that Serlings metaphorical themes are more "internal" and less jumpy.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His work seems to be a big fuck you against Si-Fe values to me personally which could mean a xNTP who uses Ti/Ne to critique Si/Fe values as unlike a NTJ they would have an understanding of said values but he shows clear Fi so that makes NTP less likely as they would be more likely to suggest alternative social morals (Ne-Fe) than go against the grain . I do see many similarities between Serling and Rodenberry but to me it seems that personally that Serlings metaphorical themes are more "internal" and less jumpy.

I think Roddenberry is a clear-cut ENFP. However my second guesses for him would be ENFJ and ESFP. Roddenberry seemed more overtly "preachy" in conveying messages and ideas on the original Trek.

I think Serling is either ENFP or INTJ, but I won't rule out NTP yet. He was also more hands-on than Roddenberry, writing over half of the Twilight Zone episodes himself, whereas Roddenberry was happy to outline the world, lay out a few unbreakable guidelines, write an episode here and there, then pass it off to other, better writers to do the bulk of the storytelling. Serling's producing style just seemed more INJ than ENP. ENxPs are happy to outline the idea, then leave the day-to-day grind of management to underlings while they go off to pursue some new idea or business endeavour--seems Roddenberry's style. However, I don't think Serling was a natural TV producer either, as he burned out after doing it too long. He was a writer who executive produced his show so others wouldn't fuck up his vision. I voted ENFP but now I think Serling was an INTJ who was very protective of his vision, whereas once Roddenberry felt his vision was being cancelled or fucked up, he basically abandoned the sinking ship in season 3 and was already looking to new projects.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Submitted for your consideration, the portrait of a man who brought bad dreams to an entire generation, and yet through such dark and shifting psychic seas, and in the face of the ever uneasy vibe of the unknown left hope as well as horror in his wake. A cautionary tale of what might be one of the greatest story tellers of our modern age. A little Lovecraft, a little Mr. Rogers, Rod Sterling, that ever questioning guide of strange in the suit, that curator or creepy from the night gallery; strikes me as an ENFP and one who I would enjoy having as my neighbor in that little burg of uncertainty permeating all of time and space...known only as...the Twilight Zone...

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Zero chance he's a Fi user. Massive Ti and Ne with weaker Si and Fe. The sheer volume of novel ideas on a systems level that he came up with is beyond the scope of Ne Te, and what he romantasizes the most are generalized states of feeling and morality "that which is known to man," which is highly indicative of weak Fe. He's either ENTP, INTP, or ISTP- and well balanced in either.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
25 December 1924 - 28 June 1975

I'm a big fan, very familiar with his work, and have read his biography.

All indications are of a strong intuitive extrovert with amazing Fi, so I conclude ENFP.

tumblr_mjf9swHMQc1rovfcgo1_1280.jpg

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Definitely on the Fi-Te axis. My initial thought was ISTJ. Watching the videos though... eh. I can't really tell if he's Ne-Si or Ni-Se. I'm pretty sure its the former. Process of elimination time?

Could it be possible that he's an INFP? A common mistype for INFPs is INTJ. Could make some sense.

(Edit)

Totally wasn't taking enneagram into consideration. The guy is like totally a 4w3. I'm thinking 497? 468?

He's not Fi-dom if he has an e4 core. That's for sure. So that leaves me with ENFP or ISTJ. I'm going to lock in my answer and say ISTJ 4w3.