• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J.K. Rowling

What Personality Type is J.K. Rowling?

• Total voters

eve987

MBTI Type
INFJ
I get very strong Fi and Ne. She does not strike me at all as an INFJ.

I don't know why INFJs and INFPs get so frequently confused. *None* of the functions are the same. Fi is very different from Fe. Ne is *very* different from Ni. Si from Se, Te from Ti.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In Socionics, she's probably an EII--her Fi driveness is obvious from the fact that she is so strongly driven by morals, and her form of imagination is clearly N over S. In the MBTI, she comes off as one of the two INF types. She, or rather she as Robert Galbraith, says INFJ, and I'm inclined to think that she knows what an INFJ is, considering that she also correctly types Dumbledore as an INFJ. I also detect J from the fact that she is big on working out the plots of her books in advance. I think an INFP would be very unlikely to do that, being a Perceiving type in how they interact with the world around them. As for function strengths, she is clearly strong in both kinds of feeling as well as both kinds of intuition (the Harry Potter books are overall more Ne than Ni; on the other hand, The Silkworm, written under her pseudonym, could only come from someone with strong Ni.) I think where people are sensing Fi is from the fact that she's a type One on the Enneagram, which often looks Fi-ish.

My final verdict is INF?, with INFJ being somewhat more likely than INFP.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
She probably knows herself so she's most likely an INFJ.
But who said INFJs are traditional? I don't give a f*** about tradition and I always score as INFJ.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She probably knows herself so she's most likely an INFJ.
But who said INFJs are traditional? I don't give a f*** about tradition and I always score as INFJ.

My mom.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
She declared on one of his social pages that she is INFJ while answering a comment saying she was INFP.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
She's INFP guys, don't fall for it just because she thinks INFJ! Haha.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
She's INFP guys, don't fall for it just because she thinks INFJ! Haha.

I think she knows herself better than we do know her.
Anyway, she could be borderline on J/P.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think she knows herself better than we do know her.
Anyway, she could be borderline on J/P.

Yes, that's true but she doesn't know anything about MBTI. She acts like an INFP in my opinion. And Harry Potter is the stereotypical INFP Fi and Ne story. Ni and Fe doesn't fit the theme of Harry Potter at all.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get very strong Fi and Ne. She does not strike me at all as an INFJ.

I don't know why INFJs and INFPs get so frequently confused. *None* of the functions are the same. Fi is very different from Fe. Ne is *very* different from Ni. Si from Se, Te from Ti.

I completely agree with this, but you'd be surpised how often certain types get mixed up in the community. INFJs vs INFPs, ENFP vs ESFPs, ENFPs vs ESFJs, INFP vs ISFJs what? INTJs vs ISTPs, ENFP vs ENFJs, INTJ vs ISFPs, it's all over the place, haha.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Yes, that's true but she doesn't know anything about MBTI. She acts like an INFP in my opinion. And Harry Potter is the stereotypical INFP Fi and Ne story. Ni and Fe doesn't fit the theme of Harry Potter at all.

Who said she is that ignorant on MBTI?
We dont know that.
If she took the test and at least did an answer at least it is imminent that the basic of the basic she knows.
Also, I dont think that we should say that writers always put their personalitys on the story, so I dont thnk Harry Potter's type should get much to do with the writer's type.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Who said she is that ignorant on MBTI?
We dont know that.
If she took the test and at least did an answer at least it is imminent that the basic of the basic she knows.
Also, I dont think that we should say that writers always put their personalitys on the story, so I dont thnk Harry Potter's type should get much to do with the writer's type.

Those are good points, I'll give you that your right but its not crazy to assume their personality reflects the story, most of the time it does which is what makes them and their stories unique. A mix of there personality type and indvidual traits as a person, Steven King's spooky stories and way he is fits his stories, Eiichiro Oda and his imagination and quirkness reflect the story of One Piece, Edgar Allan Poe's dark nature reflecting his poems and so on.

Also yes true but since its so uncommon for people to be into MBTI and on forums and be like this with us, its not crazy to automatically assume they don't know a lot about it by default. I highly doubt she's an expert on it even if she's heard of it in the past, she focuses on writing, social issues, Twitter, and other matters now.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Those are good points, I'll give you that your right but its not crazy to assume their personality reflects the story, most of the time it does which is what makes them and their stories unique. A mix of there personality type and indvidual traits as a person, Steven King's spooky stories and way he is fits his stories, Eiichiro Oda and his imagination and quirkness reflect the story of One Piece, Edgar Allan Poe's dark nature reflecting his poems and so on.

Also yes true but since its so uncommon for people to be into MBTI and on forums and be like this with us, its not crazy to automatically assume they don't know a lot about it by default. I highly doubt she's an expert on it even if she's heard of it in the past, she focuses on writing, social issues, Twitter, and other matters now.

Yep, but as Im loving to say lately, there is always the persona factor against us. Persona is a concept of typology, if you dont know what it is just google it.

The problem is that we dont truly know how persona these famous people are, or, in the case, how much JK Rowling passes an impressive of being INFP while being INFJ.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yep, but as Im loving to say lately, there is always the persona factor against us. Persona is a concept of typology, if you dont know what it is just google it.

The problem is that we dont truly know how persona these famous people are, or, in the case, how much JK Rowling passes an impressive of being INFP while being INFJ.

Yes thats true but people can't hide their personality and personality traits no matter how much they try to hide it, whether it'd interviews or reading their works. You can't know how someone is behind the scenes and if their acting unless you really know them true, but if they expose themself enough and show personality traits and values through any means to the public, you can use hints, gestures, statements, behaviors and storytelling style and themes to determine their types. I truly believe that. And sure I'll check it out in time.